Whats Happened To Sam Rush

ram1964

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Don't these chappie's only come out to bask in the glory when everything's going well ? I could be being harsh there of course but team struggling, no sign of the hierarchy, coincidence? You decide.

I seem to remember some "fans" threatened Sams family didn't they or something along those lines whenever he made a decision they didn't like. I wouldn't blame him if he did decide to take more of a back seat after that, but I distinctly remember either himself or Mel saying he was taking more of a backseat now to allow Mel to establish himself.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I seem to remember some "fans" threatened Sams family didn't they or something along those lines whenever he made a decision they didn't like. I wouldn't blame him if he did decide to take more of a back seat after that, but I distinctly remember either himself or Mel saying he was taking more of a backseat now to allow Mel to establish himself.

I think that was after Sam sacked Nigel. And I think after Clement Mel said "my decision, ill front up for it" or something to that efrect. 

He was on the radio on Thursday or Friday morning talking about giving away free cereal to I school kids.

he got told that one if the kids said  "if we et breakfast then we will score goals" the interviewer then asked "should the first team eat more breakfast" 

instead of laughing at the joke he went on a speech about nutritionists making sure the players eat properly. No mention of sausages either.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Can't find any info on this on the web. Was it well publicised or just rumour about the threats? Also someone earlier mentioned 'the dressing room' incident. What happened?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I didn't know about the threat to Rush's family, I despair at times.

I do think however someone from the top should have released something to explain our change in policy from the continuity we were told about where any new manager would have to fit in with the existing style to what appears to be happening now.

3 hours ago, sage said:

You could also ask what has happened to Mel Morris.

It was noticeable on deadline day that neither Morris, Rush or Pearson were on any of the photos of the signed players.

It was also noticeable that I think it was around 4 or 5 days before Pearson appeared on the DCFC website to comment on transfers.

All very odd. 

Damned if they do, damned if they don't

23 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Derby fans threatened Sam Rush family?? Seriously? When was this? 

What the friggin feckity feck feck is up with people... 

Ludicrous that people (and i use the term generally ) behave like that,If identified should be given banning orders ,the mentality of ****** never cease to amaze me.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Just a wild guess, but I am betting that you dreamt that story - both of them really.:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I liked Sam Rush, he was the face of Derby when everything was perfect.  We made good signings, we played well, we scored goals, the relationship with the fans was great and it was great to be a Derby fan.

A lot has changed since then and very little for the better.

Really? Are you being sarcastic or am I missing the joke?

I'll ring Paul Jewell otherwise.....

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Can't find any info on this on the web. Was it well publicised or just rumour about the threats? Also someone earlier mentioned 'the dressing room' incident. What happened?

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Derby fans threatened Sam Rush family?? Seriously? When was this? 

What the friggin feckity feck feck is up with people... 

34 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Just a wild guess, but I am betting that you dreamt that story - both of them really.:ph34r:

I thought it might have been one of the breakfast meetings where it was mentioned - see page 2 of the thread below. Perhaps not quite threatened after reading it again, but the way he was treated by some of our fans after Cloughs sacking scarred them apparently - some of our "fans" treated him in a disgusting manner at the time. Eddie also mentions that Mel felt the need to take the spotlight/blame for Clements dismissal, as it was his decision.

Tony the "dressing room" incident is where Mel decided to enter the dressing room after the Reading home game - again you will find more details in the below thread.

Absolutely no need for them to be saying anything in the media. What's the obsession with wanting to hear from them. Say Sam comes out and says "we need to score more", this will almost certainly be interpreted as "Sam isn't supporting Pearson"

Keep working hard and hope for a turnaround on the pitch.

Archived