Whats Happened To Sam Rush

ram1964

Sam appeared at one point to be the face of Derby county and a very positive one ,forever in the public forefront probably until The time Paul clement took the reigns.I remember alot of publicity associated with him and the purchasing of Albentosa at the time,however since then he seams to have taken a low profile anyone enlighten myself on this ? Is it coincedence the club has during this time hit turmoil ?or perhaps wrangling  and differences well above player and manager level.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this coincided with the arrival of MM.  Whereas before Sam was running the show day-in day-out and left to his own devices by the Americans/Canadians, the arrival of MM has likely meant that he has less power.

I'm guessing SR was probably somewhat embarrassed with the way we dealt with Paul Clement - I remember it was mainly MM dealing with the press in the fallout after the sacking, which I was surprised at.  Prior to MM it was always Sam doing these types of things.

Are they still doing the fan forum sessions or has the charm offensive quietened? 

18 minutes ago, BearDCFC said:

I'm sure this coincided with the arrival of MM.  Whereas before Sam was running the show day-in day-out and left to his own devices by the Americans/Canadians, the arrival of MM has likely meant that he has less power.

I'm guessing SR was probably somewhat embarrassed with the way we dealt with Paul Clement - I remember it was mainly MM dealing with the press in the fallout after the sacking, which I was surprised at.  Prior to MM it was always Sam doing these types of things.

Are they still doing the fan forum sessions or has the charm offensive quietened? 

Hello mate.. How's you? Still in London?

Bring back Sam as the public face of DCFC..

Mel has him in a box somewhere..  

You could also ask what has happened to Mel Morris.

It was noticeable on deadline day that neither Morris, Rush or Pearson were on any of the photos of the signed players.

It was also noticeable that I think it was around 4 or 5 days before Pearson appeared on the DCFC website to comment on transfers.

All very odd. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Hello mate.. How's you? Still in London?

Bring back Sam as the public face of DCFC..

Mel has him in a box somewhere..  

I am mate, good to read a post from you - nice to have a familiar face posting, I've more or less given up on the other place - I've re-homed me sen.

The club are still announcing new sponsors and partners for various aspects, so Rush is obviously still going about his job. But with Pearson the one people want to hear from, and the fact that we have started the season slowly, it's all just a bit quiet. 

If we get going and find ourselves mid table upper half by Christmas, I reckon it will become a bit livelier again. Focus just on the team getting back into a groove again

Morris seemed to take all the limelight last year and pushed Rush into the background slightly

Fans then say they don't want Morris fronting things. 

At this point in time can Morris really go back to Rush and stick to in the firing line?

Following this we appoint a manager who doesn't appear to have much time for the media.

Not really surprising that we no longer hear much from the club.

Archived