Lowest scorers in England

irobinson

Again - watching tonight - you can see why we are the lowest scorers this season - can't find an end ball - and no one has the scent for goal.

Least the new lads tried hard and there some pace - but its hard to see how we can settle with all this.

Cannot see the NP plan sorry!! 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching us when we were rubbish (we're pretty rubbish now but i mean really rubbish) anyway no matter how dump we were we'd usually have at least one chance in thr first half & one in the second or at least one clear cut chance per game. This season i cant really remember any proper chances we've created 

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

Again - watching tonight - you can see why we are the lowest scorers this season - can't find an end ball - and no one has the scent for goal.

Least the new lads tried hard and there some pace - but its hard to see how we can settle with all this.

The plan is to replace all our technical players with hard workers who run around a lot and have pace. Not entirely sure I'm sold on it.

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

The plan is to replace all our technical players with hard workers who run around a lot and have pace. Not entirely sure I'm sold on it.

I can't remember who said it or if was even in this thread, but someone mentioned that we look like a team of unintelligent players. That tends to be what happens when you shift out your intelligent players like Martin and don't replace them with other intelligent players. Hughes is the only player in this team (and Thorne when fit) now who I would regard as an intelligent footballer.

All I know is these first few games with NP have been an awesome and fertile breeding ground for the usual suspects to moan and obsess on ALL things wrong with DCFC... 

And here we go .... 

ANOTHER thread .... 

zzzz

4 hours ago, irobinson said:

Maybe we need to give NP a season or two to get his plan working.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Maybe we need to give NP a season or two to get his plan working.

No decent manager takes a year to get a side at least somewhat moving in the right direction. It's dreadful thus far, and I can't see it getting better with the current line of enquiry from Pearson, however it's only September so we must be patient.

For the sake of hiring another manager we can't sack this man whatever he does before the season ends of we'll be untrustworthy as a club to other managers. We've turned over too many. We're stuck with this decision, come hell or high water.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Couldn't think of two more opposite players, I think you may have missed Podgey's point  

Well you've missed my point completely. Why do our fans always seem to mention the only bit of bad business Nigel Clough did in 5 years. Derby seems to forget Chris Martin was free from Norwich reserves, Bryson was peanuts from Kilmarnock, Forsyth for peanuts from Watford reserves, john eustace free from Watford, john brayford from Crewe for peanuts, Buxton for free from non league lol, barker from blackpool, Keogh has been a great signing aswel, bringing will Hughes into the first team and jeff Hendrick. I could go on if you like mate? That there is some of the best players derby have had in the last 10/15 years and look where he got them from and for how much. Incredible really. And our academy has dried up ever since Nigel Clough left.   

13 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Well you've missed my point completely. Why do our fans always seem to mention the only bit of bad business Nigel Clough did in 5 years. Derby seems to forget Chris Martin was free from Norwich reserves, Bryson was peanuts from Kilmarnock, Forsyth for peanuts from Watford reserves, john eustace free from Watford, john brayford from Crewe for peanuts, Buxton for free from non league lol, barker from blackpool, Keogh has been a great signing aswel, bringing will Hughes into the first team and jeff Hendrick. I could go on if you like mate? That there is some of the best players derby have had in the last 10/15 years and look where he got them from and for how much. Incredible really. And our academy has dried up ever since Nigel Clough left.   

Yeh you definitely missed my point. It wasn't a dig at Clough. I was commenting the idea that we just need fast, physical players in order to be successsful when a lot of Clough's signings (both the good and the bad) proved otherwise.

5 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Steve Mclaren got things working in 45 minutes. You would think after 6+ games there would be more plan in evidence than hoof it towards small forwards. There isn't.

And the worrying thing is, we're now utterly committed to hoofing it to small forwards.  We've sold Martin without replacement and failed to get cover for Thorne so we're stuck without any other option.

Archived