Lowest scorers in England

irobinson

2 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Steve Mclaren got things working in 45 minutes.

It wasn't a miracle . It wasn't the midas touch. Far too much has been made of his intervention.

He just did what most of us would have done. Put Eustace on the pitch to protect the defence and give a platform for the attack

Then geed up the troops and sent them back out.   Unfortunately Eustace is long gone and Thorne languishes in the treatment room.    Is there an experienced midfield general amongst the players who haven't a club??   If so we should sign him up.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

It wasn't a miracle . It wasn't the midas touch. Far too much has been made of his intervention.

He just did what most of us would have done. Put Eustace on the pitch to protect the defence and give a platform for the attack

Then geed up the troops and sent them back out.   Unfortunately Eustace is long gone and Thorne languishes in the treatment room.    Is there an experienced midfield general amongst the players who haven't a club??   If so we should sign him up.....

It doesn't matter whether it was obvious or not. What does matter is that he did it and it worked.

What Pearson has done so far clearly has not worked.

5 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Well you've missed my point completely. Why do our fans always seem to mention the only bit of bad business Nigel Clough did in 5 years. Derby seems to forget Chris Martin was free from Norwich reserves, Bryson was peanuts from Kilmarnock, Forsyth for peanuts from Watford reserves, john eustace free from Watford, john brayford from Crewe for peanuts, Buxton for free from non league lol, barker from blackpool, Keogh has been a great signing aswel, bringing will Hughes into the first team and jeff Hendrick. I could go on if you like mate? That there is some of the best players derby have had in the last 10/15 years and look where he got them from and for how much. Incredible really. And our academy has dried up ever since Nigel Clough left.   

Alright, calm down. That's all come a bit out of nowhere. No ones having a dig at Clough, I'm a big fan of the bloke. The OPs original point was that the system now seems to rely on strikers who run around a lot but don't really do anything. I certainly hope that's not the plan, but if it was, Connor sammon would fit that bill incredibly well, and maybe a side order of Tito Villa. 

Ho Ho Ho, how we all laughed (which then turned into hysterical crying as we all realise it's not really a joke, it's not too far from reality). 

17 hours ago, Milk said:

All I know is these first few games with NP have been an awesome and fertile breeding ground for the usual suspects to moan and obsess on ALL things wrong with DCFC... 

And here we go .... 

ANOTHER thread .... 

zzzz

Just treat it as an introduction to DCFCFans, n00b.

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Reminds me of the early days of Jim Smith and then he bought some Croatians no one heard of in January....(sic)

Stimac signed in the October when we lost 5-1 at Tranmere then went on a great run. Things can change quickly. It's a funny old game....

Scoring goals the most difficult thing to do in football. Oh for a consistent goal-scorer we can play to. I cannot see there is any logical reason to have got rid of Chris Martin. Pearson is a useless manager for not being able to get him scoring again for Derby. This is his way of managing, get rid if he can't cope? F*ck knows what he'd do with some of the Prem bigshots, still we won't have to worry about that will we!

6 hours ago, Milk said:

Lowest scorers ... 

it's Septenber the 13th lol lol 

Anybody reading this forum would think it was May 20th 2017 ... 

And how many are going to remember, without using a search engine, who the lowest scorers in England were at this stage last season? The season before? 10 years ago? 

Exactly.

We're in a bad run of form, either we give Pearson the proper time to make DCFC his own (I'm reluctantly saying 2 seasons, and I want the Stevie MC style of football as much as anyone) or we get rid and the cycle starts again. 

I believe we'll find the net soon enough, and some team will be in for a hiding. COYR :wub:

On 9/10/2016 at 22:13, G-Ram said:

I remember watching us when we were rubbish (we're pretty rubbish now but i mean really rubbish) anyway no matter how dump we were we'd usually have at least one chance in thr first half & one in the second or at least one clear cut chance per game. This season i cant really remember any proper chances we've created 

I get you're making a point but serious this is proper hyperbole. We had loads at Preston for a start.

Archived