January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Hi welcome to the sight Ollie. Wish I could agree with your 1st post , he does nothing for me to inconsistent and for his physical stature he seems too offer very little of it on the pitch . 

That's fair. Who would you suggest for the forward position? But a realistic option unlike adobe, Rhodes ect who are probably out of our price range 

41 minutes ago, ollie999 said:

That's fair. Who would you suggest for the forward position? But a realistic option unlike adobe, Rhodes ect who are probably out of our price range 

I've said a few times on various other threads that we should be seriously looking at Sebastian polter from QPR.  Can play with his back to goal , good finisher and good in the air . (Just got a daft haircut)

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've said a few times on various other threads that we should be seriously looking at Sebastian polter from QPR.  Can play with his back to goal , good finisher and good in the air . (Just got a daft haircut)

You are joking right? He's an absolute cart horse. We'd be better off sticking Ian Poulter up top. 

7 hours ago, robglosta said:

You are joking right? He's an absolute cart horse. We'd be better off sticking Ian Poulter up top. 

Difference of opinion there then.  No point me trying to defend why I think he'd be a good player for this team . But have you actually watched him play a full game ? Would bring so much more to a team playing this system.  People from an outside view had this opinion on Martin, but people who actually watched him play knew differently. 

17 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Agree with Ridings Ram on this one Poulter. would be a great signing just what we need to upset defenders To call him a carthorse just shows a lack of football knowledge To say how many goals will he score my guess would be more than the 4 Vyda and Bent have between them 

Would you take Crouch?

21 minutes ago, ollie999 said:

Another suggestion. Sam winnall of Barnsley? Scored 9 goals for them so far this season so with better service here could do very well 

I agree Sam Winnall has looked handy. Matt Taylor at Bristol Rovers has shown he is a consistent goalscorer over the past 3 years. 

I think we need to try and get the most out of Vydra, Bent and Blackman though. I don't see us getting anyone unless one of these goes or Martin pops of to Fulham.

I feel that there is very little left on the kitty hence hendrick out Anya and Vydra in both of whom have struggled since joining. 

3 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Agree with Ridings Ram on this one Poulter. would be a great signing just what we need to upset defenders To call him a carthorse just shows a lack of football knowledge To say how many goals will he score my guess would be more than the 4 Vyda and Bent have between them 

I had a quick browse of the QPR forum and on the first 2 pages there's at least 5 threads about them needing a new forward because their current set aren't very good. At least Vydra and Bent have proven they can score goals in the Championship in the past whereas he's scored something like 10 goals in 50+ games. 

And you can hardly claim people have a lack of football knowledge when you've spelt the bloke's name wrong (unless it was auto-correct in which case I apologise). :lol:

Can the man You have answered your own question every clubs forum will say they need more forwards If you are satisfied that Bent and Vydra will get us enough goals for top six fair enough to you but 23 in22 games proves we need change I don't think the club is in a position to spend millions so we have to pick realistic targets Have to repeat if people post he's a carthorse then they lack football knowledge or haven't even seen him play If Hassellbank played him he must be OK I'm sure he knows more about strikers than you or me As for my spelling didn't realise you need an ology to post about football 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Can the man You have answered your own question every clubs forum will say they need more forwards If you are satisfied that Bent and Vydra will get us enough goals for top six fair enough to you but 23 in22 games proves we need change I don't think the club is in a position to spend millions so we have to pick realistic targets Have to repeat if people post he's a carthorse then they lack football knowledge or haven't even seen him play If Hassellbank played him he must be OK I'm sure he knows more about strikers than you or me As for my spelling didn't realise you need an ology to post about football 

I completely agree that we need another forward, but surely we can get better than Polter, even if we can't spend big? He's got a poor record in this league and a poor record at most of the clubs he's been at. Preferably we'll get Martin back, but if that doesn't happen I'm sure there's some decent options out there. Sam Winnall's contract is running out and he's one of the top scorers so far this season, he'd be a better option than Polter.