And so it begins... Enjoy the next few years

Bris Vegas

Adapt and evolve...... Do believe one or two on here are currently still stuck in the past watching reruns of Euro 2008/World Cup 2010..... The football world has moved on, the opinions haven't. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our future is build on the past.,learning from our mistakes,,and the future becomes the past,and we learn from our mistakes.

Our past is a commitee making football decisions with limited qualifications,in football related matters on player recruitment.

And the ability to control ,over paid players on long contracts.3 years of waste,with multi millions spent.

And no responsibility taken for bad decisions ;--just faceless people,not responsible

Joy to watch our club grow,and take defeat as a learning curb,enjoying the wins and to see our team develop.

Have a good time with fellow suporters,and give the opposition some of our wit.,learn from the past.

1 Year to assemble your team,year 2 to offload players not required,and bring in better players,year 3 your team will show

Progress on the pitch,--if not as a manager of team affairs you will stand or fall on your decision making,

Chaiman--owner--board,you have failed in the most important aspect of the club picking the right man.

Cannot sack you,please learn from your mistake.---History=progress

5 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

Our future is build on the past.,learning from our mistakes,,and the future becomes the past,and we learn from our mistakes.

Our past is a commitee making football decisions with limited qualifications,in football related matters on player recruitment.

And the ability to control ,over paid players on long contracts.3 years of waste,with multi millions spent.

And no responsibility taken for bad decisions ;--just faceless people,not responsible

Joy to watch our club grow,and take defeat as a learning curb,enjoying the wins and to see our team develop.

Have a good time with fellow suporters,and give the opposition some of our wit.,learn from the past.

1 Year to assemble your team,year 2 to offload players not required,and bring in better players,year 3 your team will show

Progress on the pitch,--if not as a manager of team affairs you will stand or fall on your decision making,

Chaiman--owner--board,you have failed in the most important aspect of the club picking the right man.

Cannot sack you,please learn from your mistake.---History=progress

I don't disagree with your outline plan Trevor. 

But I fear we will not have patience - whilst we are rebuilding  (having presumably started) we will find ourselves betwixt and between. We don't have all the players pearson wants, yet we must grind out performance and points to avoid getting into trouble whilst rebuilding. 

We may well have to steel ourselves to a couple of seasons of functional,  relatively joyless football.

Our faith will be sorely tested in my view.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 20:42, PodgeyRam said:

Wassall as far as I'm aware is still in charge of the academy, ready to pop in at a moments notice when Mel gets tired of Pearson.

From what I've seen so far on the pitch Pearson isn't an upgrade on Wassall.

Nothing much, we are simply concerned fans of the club. Some people aren't concerned and that's fine, but we are and that's also fine.

Not concerned at all here. I tend to be somewhat cryptic on occasion.

On 8/31/2016 at 17:41, Bris Vegas said:

Of languishing in the bottom half of the Championship with an overbloated squad on high wages....

This is what we're facing now! We've thrown all our eggs in one basket with Nigel Pearson, and you've got to ask whether it's worth it or not? One success at Leicester, that's all we're clinging on to... Doing a Leicester!

Right now, with this squad, I'd say that's very, very, very unlikely.

If we were going to go down that route, we needed to change half of this squad. 

Oh well. 

So you think we'll do alright this year then Bris?

Why is it that the Pearson sceptics shall we call them, are told to get a grip or be accused of being childish by those content with our progress ?

I've not seen anyone from the sceptical side tell anyone how to behave or name call. Isn't the point of the forum for all to put their points across whether popular or not ? 

If you, and I'm aiming this at you in particular @Kamikaze are happy with one league goal to show for our efforts in five games, that's fine, good luck to you, I'm not fine with it and it's really not on to be called childish because of it. 

38 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Why is it that the Pearson sceptics shall we call them, are told to get a grip or be accused of being childish by those content with our progress ?

I've not seen anyone from the sceptical side tell anyone how to behave or name call. Isn't the point of the forum for all to put their points across whether popular or not ? 

If you, and I'm aiming this at you in particular @Kamikaze are happy with one league goal to show for our efforts in five games, that's fine, good luck to you, I'm not fine with it and it's really not on to be called childish because of it. 

Exactly. 

It's been ***** so far in so many ways. 

Nobody has called for a sacking. Just called it ***** with no promising signs. 

The idea that we aren't real fans because we don't have faith amazes me. 

I had faith in Paul Jewell considering his record and clubs he'd brought up. Didn't help did it?

I'd have faith in Pearson if we'd shown promising signs and just had some loose ends to tie up or some bad luck to ride out. Doesn't mean we'd start winning

None of this means we're writing him off. But to be told to have faith or get a grip based around what?

Lemme guess... "at Leicester..." 

Bet I've sang Nigel Pearson's name more times than some of these feckers!!

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. 

I had faith in Paul Jewell considering his record and clubs he'd brought up. Didn't help did it?

I'd have faith in Pearson if we'd shown promising signs and just had some loose ends to tie up or some bad luck to ride out. Doesn't mean we'd start winning

None of this means we're writing him off. But to be told to have faith or get a grip based around what?

5 games 

Lost 2 draw 2 Won 1   5 points  with a Manager getting to know his team and wheeling and dealing late in the day in the transfer window  .

Cup won 2 

That's ok right. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. 

I'm hoping he's going to make me look dafter than I already am by proving he's the man to add what's been missing from our last three attempts at promotion. Yeah I'm sad to see players go but if it's justified later, so be it.

I don't expect everything to fall into place immediately but I keep reading about time, time, time. I get it, but we are the lowest scorers in the league, Reading, Blackburn, Wolves and Villa spring to mind with new managers and they have all managed to hit the net more than us and that's my biggest point of dissatisfaction, messing about at the back with needless passes instead of trying to get it into the midfield for them to create something for the strikers.

But they can't because he's got the midfield too deep nullifying our creative midfielders, thus one chuffin' goal so far....and I'm being childish apparently. bash-head.gif

Of languishing in the bottom half of the Championship with an overbloated squad on high wages....

This is what we're facing now! We've thrown all our eggs in one basket with Nigel Pearson, and you've got to ask whether it's worth it or not? One success at Leicester, that's all we're clinging on to... Doing a Leicester!

Right now, with this squad, I'd say that's very, very, very unlikely.

If we were going to go down that route, we needed to change half of this squad. 

Oh well. 

Bris Vegas hey will you slit your wrists at the Ipro when we lose our next home game ? 

Or will you make it until October ? 

51 minutes ago, curtains said:

5 games 

Lost 2 draw 2 Won 1   5 points  with a Manager getting to know his team and wheeling and dealing late in the day in the transfer window  .

Cup won 2 

That's ok right. 

2 decent draws, 2 awful losses (was away for the victory so can't comment). 4 very poor performances.

Don't believe we covered ourselves in glory in the cup games.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 decent draws, 2 awful losses (was away for the victory so can't comment). 4 very poor performances.

Don't believe we covered ourselves in glory in the cup games.

Mate I did not think when Pearson was appointed it was for one minute going to be easy.  

I think we will get loads better after the International break. 

5 points out of 15 is not brilliant but it's a start. 

I am looking forward to playing Liverpool at the IPRO in the Cup. 

It takes time to assess a squad of players who are not the most confident at times. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate I did not think when Pearson was appointed it was for one minute going to be easy.  

5 point out of 15 is not brilliant but it's a start. 

Even though they battered Burton?

1 hour ago, curtains said:

5 games 

Cup won 2 

That's ok right. 

It is our worse start for goals scored since 08/09 when Jewell was in charge. Our 1 league goal coming against Bristol City away. We had scored more goals that year if you include cups.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

5 point out of 15 is not brilliant but it's a start. 

Did you see us taking the direction we have taken?

Maybe a lot of us thought it would be easy after being told how great NP was while Wassall was in charge?

I certainly hope we improve but have seen absolutely nothing yet to suggest we will see instant improvement.

Looking forward to seeing what the new signings bring to the table.

Archived