Timi Max Elsnik

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked OK initially, then grew into it as a tired Carlisle faded. Towards the end had a couple of very nicest of play, and cool as you like with the peno's. Good lad, but lets not make him out to be a first teamer yet. 

I'd sooner see him learning his trade than Butterfield or Johnson taking a bench space, but I can't see us offloading either any time soon.

I said in the Derby v Carlisle thread that i was looking forward to seeing him again, ive only seen him in the 'reserves' but he seemed to have it all, and looked like a great prospect... didn't the lad do well, and such a sweet penalty to win it :)

4 hours ago, nfb said:

Interesting team selection, good to see youth coming thro,congrats to Max lowe, and ive only seen him once but Elsnik looks to have what it takes to go all the way too. Ineresting game ahead :)

Very good interview on the official site after the game: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elsnik-its-a-night-i-will-never-forget-3268157.aspx

I can't quite believe the part that reads:

“We only picked out first five players to step up so I didn’t know what was going to happen after that.

“After that, the coaches asked who wanted to go and the other players voted for me to take one. I didn’t mind that and I didn’t feel any pressure to be honest."

Good to see our senior pros stepping up and accepting the penalty shootout pressure!

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very good interview on the official site after the game: http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elsnik-its-a-night-i-will-never-forget-3268157.aspx

I can't quite believe the part that reads:

“We only picked out first five players to step up so I didn’t know what was going to happen after that.

“After that, the coaches asked who wanted to go and the other players voted for me to take one. I didn’t mind that and I didn’t feel any pressure to be honest."

Good to see our senior pros stepping up and accepting the penalty shootout pressure!

Hmm... Builds character though. I'm okay with that and he explicitly states that he was too. Non-issue 

Rather have him on bench than Camara if it was a toss up between the 2 for a wide spot, made more impact on tonights game and clearly is a footballer in Hughes mould than a Theo Robinson, as in good control, links up well and intelligent also looks comfortable with either foot

7 hours ago, needles said:

Looked OK initially, then grew into it as a tired Carlisle faded. Towards the end had a couple of very nicest of play, and cool as you like with the peno's. Good lad, but lets not make him out to be a first teamer yet. 

I'd sooner see him learning his trade than Butterfield or Johnson taking a bench space, but I can't see us offloading either any time soon.

Agree with the first bit, but Butterfield was one of our better performers tonight. Baring in mind all of our centre mids have struggled so far to adapt to a more defensive discipline, he started moves off and his movement was good. Usually only plays 60 mins max, so effectively played 2 games!

5 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Rather have him on bench than Camara if it was a toss up between the 2 for a wide spot, made more impact on tonights game and clearly is a footballer in Hughes mould than a Theo Robinson, as in good control, links up well and intelligent also looks comfortable with either foot

Again, Camara has only played 2 cameo sub appearances since last season, where he did the same. Add into the fact that he's been injured, and he was always going to fade and only last 60 mins max. Started brightly, and looked like creating a chance. He suffered from a similar condition to Blackman of shoot whenever you get the ball near goal. He'll improve as his fitness improves.

Timi played well, showed a youthful fearlessness to attack which was positive. Very good penalties

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Liked his interview. Seems very very confident. 

This one is gonna take a lot of boos to break down folks. 

I'll give it a week

25 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'll give it a week

I dunno, this guy is ambitious and seems almost arrogant. A recipe for big success if he can play a bit. 

I know it's early to say but I think we might have to give him the full Tom Carrol with a touch of Mikkel Beck.

8 hours ago, needles said:

Hmm doesn't say much for our boys if Carlisle tired and faded and still managed to score late in injury time.

Did we just switch off?

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I dunno, this guy is ambitious and seems almost arrogant. A recipe for big success if he can play a bit. 

I know it's early to say but I think we might have to give him the full Tom Carrol with a touch of Mikkel Beck.

So just until kickoff then.

49 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Hmm doesn't say much for our boys if Carlisle tired and faded and still managed to score late in injury time.

Did we just switch off?

Yes.

Archived