Andre Wisdom - Signed for Red Bull Salzburg

Day

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to some people who are very close to the club last night and the impression I got was that there are people at the club who would love to have Wisdom back. Same people also said that a move back here would be in his best interests as well - he's not exactly going to break into the Liverpool side any time soon.

Funnily enough, the same people didn't seem to have much affinity for Christie. The words "no end product" and "never been taught to defend" were thrown about.

Think the Wisdom thing is just wishful thinking Podgey Ram more than 'i know people who are very close to the club'?

I do know people involved in the club and academy and i know that the club is VERY tight about transfer activity.. If we were interested in anyone no one at the club would comment! Believe me.. I've tried :o) 

2 hours ago, DCFC83 said:

Think the Wisdom thing is just wishful thinking Podgey Ram more than 'i know people who are very close to the club'?

I do know people involved in the club and academy and i know that the club is VERY tight about transfer activity.. If we were interested in anyone no one at the club would comment! Believe me.. I've tried :o) 

I didn't say I knew them, just that I was talking  to them. They don't work for the club, but they have contacts in the club no doubt. Not going to say names, wouldn't end well for them. 

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that some people  at the club would love Wisdom back. Doesn't mean that they are trying to bring him back (the fee may be too large), but doesn't change the fact they'd love him back all the same. Hell, I'd love Jamie Ward back, but something tells me that's not going to happen either.

What does  that last part mean? You've asked the people at the club you know about transfers and they've refused to tell you?

3 hours ago, DCFC83 said:

15 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I didn't say I knew them, just that I was talking  to them. They don't work for the club, but they have contacts in the club no doubt. Not going to say names, wouldn't end well for them. 

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that some people  at the club would love Wisdom back. Doesn't mean that they are trying to bring him back (the fee may be too large), but doesn't change the fact they'd love him back all the same. Hell, I'd love Jamie Ward back, but something tells me that's not going to happen either.

What does  that last part mean? You've asked the people at the club you know about transfers and they've refused to tell you?

I suppose it all depends on who they are, where they work and what they know, they could have been pulling your leg. 

A few years ago I had to go to Man City for a non football meeting (in my suit) on the way back the taxi driver asked me what I was there for as he was a man City fan (yes my eyes light up and the thought of a bit of mischief ). I told him I was a lawyer who is sent in to make initial negotiations before my boss completes the deal. He bought this and it go around to who the player was , I made out that he had to drag it out of me, but said that all I could say was he was from Argentina and was a forward and was really good. He got really excited as he thought Man City were buying Messi and was convinced that they were (although I could not of course confirm this).

hence it is easy to pull people's leg and that is a true story

13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I suppose it all depends on who they are, where they work and what they know, they could have been pulling your leg. 

A few years ago I had to go to Man City for a non football meeting (in my suit) on the way back the taxi driver asked me what I was there for as he was a man City fan (yes my eyes light up and the thought of a bit of mischief ). I told him I was a lawyer who is sent in to make initial negotiations before my boss completes the deal. He bought this and it go around to who the player was , I made out that he had to drag it out of me, but said that all I could say was he was from Argentina and was a forward and was really good. He got really excited as he thought Man City were buying Messi and was convinced that they were (although I could not of course confirm this).

hence it is easy to pull people's leg and that is a true story

Don't think they were pulling my leg.  Same source that I got the info of the Idiakez announcement from:

That was a little late in the day, but it was proven right.

Understand the scepticism though. Like I said though, I'm not going name names.

Haha, I might have to try that one someday when I develop something that looks like  an air of respectability.

Archived