Andre Wisdom - Signed for Red Bull Salzburg

Day

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The club should have a decent idea by now on what his thoughts on extending it are, if they are getting mixed messages then we should look to sign another option.

What do we make of the club not extending Christie's contract or offering a new one?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything at all in this 'rumour'?  I suspect not, which is a pity because - IMO - Wisdom is a much better option than Christie.  My opinion is formed on the evidence of my own eyes.  Some though would suggest I should've gone to specsavers!

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Christie and Wisdom are pretty much opposites as fullbacks. Christie is better going forward, Wisdom is a better defender (although Christie has improved).

For a team that is having little trouble defending but is struggling to score goals I can't see why we'd drop Christie for Wisdom.

I always think that if one 'sits' like Wisdom - then the other fullback can bomb-on eg Olsson (pity about poor young Fozzy). Depends on who is playing wide in a midfield 4 (442 that is) though.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Not sure I agree that Christie is better at attacking than Wisdom. Yes, he gets up and down the field well and that but I don't agree that he's particularly good at beating a man or crossing it in if I'm honest. I remember more of Wisdom beating a man and putting a decent cross in than Christie and I've seen Christie play a lot more than Wisdom. 

Wisdom never did that!

He did that one great cross against Barnsley. That's it. Generally he slowed down play whenever he got it and never beat a man. 

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Wisdom never did that!

He did that one great cross against Barnsley. That's it. Generally he slowed down play whenever he got it and never beat a man. 

What about that cross against Huddersfield? (away) 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Not sure I agree that Christie is better at attacking than Wisdom. Yes, he gets up and down the field well and that but I don't agree that he's particularly good at beating a man or crossing it in if I'm honest. I remember more of Wisdom beating a man and putting a decent cross in than Christie and I've seen Christie play a lot more than Wisdom. 

Christie can beat a man (sometimes with ease) - the problems come once he's skipped past the defender(s). His decision making from that point onwards is dreadful.

4 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I would love to see wisdom in a back 3 with Keogh and shacks with Christie and ollsson at wing backs ? 

Didnt even mean that to rhyme ...

Don't want us to play 3 at back sorry. 

After nearly five days camped in Ed Dawes closet without a whisper on the DeAndre Yedlin farrago, I've nipped home for a quick shower and have inveigled myself amongst the puffa jackets once more.

Fortuitously I'd only been back for ten minutes when I overheard Ed and Nigel on the phone ;)

Nothing to say about Andre Wisdom, but those of you following the ex-footballer / pundits charity walk story I have the following update.  Apparently Dean Saunders has dropped out (I personally expect he was very quick over the first five to ten yards but then struggled with fitness :(), but Ray Parlour's going strong and has been joined by Andy Townsend, Dennis Wise and Don Goodman.  Apparently it's going well, but I think they must have got soaked during the days travails, which has put a dampener on team spirits as they're not off down the boozer for their usual evening drinksies.  Heard these very words from our Ed..

'...so Andy Ray Wise 'n Don are staying put...'

or something very similar.  Sorry but there seems to be more puffa jackets in here today, so things get a little muffled.  Got to go the phone's just rung again...

14 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

After nearly five days camped in Ed Dawes closet without a whisper on the DeAndre Yedlin farrago, I've nipped home for a quick shower and have inveigled myself amongst the puffa jackets once more.

Fortuitously I'd only been back for ten minutes when I overheard Ed and Nigel on the phone ;)

Nothing to say about Andre Wisdom, but those of you following the ex-footballer / pundits charity walk story I have the following update.  Apparently Dean Saunders has dropped out (I personally expect he was very quick over the first five to ten yards but then struggled with fitness :(), but Ray Parlour's going strong and has been joined by Andy Townsend, Dennis Wise and Don Goodman.  Apparently it's going well, but I think they must have got soaked during the days travails, which has put a dampener on team spirits as they're not off down the boozer for their usual evening drinksies.  Heard these very words from our Ed..

'...so Andy Ray Wise 'n Don are staying put...'

or something very similar.  Sorry but there seems to be more puffa jackets in here today, so things get a little muffled.  Got to go the phone's just rung again...

I feel like you put too much effort into that 

Archived