Derby County vs Carlisle United

Carl Sagan

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ran out of likes but what a brilliant way for the young lad to end his debut. Through to the next round! When we're walking out at Wembley in the final we can look back on this being the night that changed the season.

Come on you Rams!

But nothing's changed, let's just carry on regardless...........

Let's be honest the game itself was awful from our point of view,

big oppourtunity for the likes of Johnson Blackman butterfield and bent in the first half they were awful in my opinion and not much better for everything else.

people may say Blackman did well and went close etc, I thought he was exceptionally greedy and will only move inside on his left foot to shoot wildly from anywhere, I really can't see a reason for him to ever play again, small rant over

i liked the look of elsnick he may turn out to be a decent player.

We've only equalled, not beaten, the English record in professional football.

Carson at fault for making the final save, or at 15-14 or more we'd have been the tops.

SO frustrating. Such a lack of preparation, application and awareness.

Just proves we are merely a work in progress.

Listened to match on Rams Player but must have fallen asleep as I had a really weird dream. We were leading 1 -0 deep into injury time then Carlisle equalised, no more goals in extra time so it went to penallties. I dreamt we won 14 -13 on penalties. Now I've woken up and discovered we won 1-0 after all!!! No honestly its on the DCFC website:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-to-discover-efl-round-three-opponents-on-wednesday-evening-3267540.aspx

4 minutes ago, BrainyRam said:

Listened to match on Rams Player but must have fallen asleep as I had a really weird dream. We were leading 1 -0 deep into injury time then Carlisle equalised, no more goals in extra time so it went to penallties. I dreamt we won 14 -13 on penalties. Now I've woken up and discovered we won 1-0 after all!!! No honestly its on the DCFC website:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-to-discover-efl-round-three-opponents-on-wednesday-evening-3267540.aspx

That's brilliant.

2qd8ysk.jpg

Maybe stay till the end guys?

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If you are moaning about that shootout you are seriously miserable. It was great fun. Also worth noting its the cup and upsets happen. West Brom got done but we continue on.

You are right that upsets do happen and they might very well have happened in the Grimsby game where we were poor for large periods and afforded league 2 opposition too much respect from kick off. I didn't think NP would allow the same thing tonight but he did which annoyed me a bit to be fair. Still, we got the job done and move on.

Positive for tonight, the large flags in the NS one of which my kid was delighted to have gotten hold of and waved with all her might. Thanks so much 1884 group.

Negative for tonight other than the overall performance on the pitch was uncivilised language from an actual fully grown 'adult' in an area filled with children. Plenty of places to sit and use bad language in the iPro if that's what floats your boat. The family area ain't one of them so have some respect for the young 'uns please.

Anyway, I digress. Derby are through, Carlisle were underestimated and played well and it's round three and things can only improve. Credit to all those Derby fans that turned out tonight too.

8 minutes ago, BrainyRam said:

well spotted, it ain't over till it's over

First half was disturbing. We never carved them open, and they had acres of space between the lines on 3 or 4 occasions and could have done more with it.

Second half changed the shape in midfield to nullify that space, and had a lot more drive about our play. (Why do we need a rocket every half time?) Got the goal, (even though they missed a great chance first) went a bit wafty, then bought on the big guns. Ince and Hughes to own them, dominate and kill the game. Didn't happen. Hughes missed the best chance, Ince got involved but without it ever really happening for him.

The equaliser with seconds to go was harsh, but if you don't score when you're on top, that's what you get. To be fair first half of extra time they looked on top as Max Lowe was done and Bradley hurt his ankle. Only time in the game we looked like a side two divisions and tens of millions of pounds better was the last ten minutes of extra time.

Some random, slightly drunken, observations.

1) Despite the misses and only coming after 70 minutes, Will Hughes was best player on the pitch again. A moment of sublime skill on the right in the second half was worth the night out and the ticket money on it's own.

2) Despite tucking in his peno's, and a few bits of good hold up play, Nick Blackman remains woeful. I can't completely write him off, because I refuse to believe he can possibly be this bad. Theo Robinson was faster and twice the player in front of goal, and he's in the Connor Sammon class away from it.

3) Pearce, despite looking rusty on occasions, with the ball, looked a steady defender tonight. I can see why NP felt Bucko could leave.

4) Keogh. Superb.

5) Butterfield can play a superb ball when he's left alone to do his thing. He isn't ever going get that time against decent Championship sides.

11 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm sorry for all you miserable gits, I enjoyed tonight, that was worth £7 for the entertainment. We had 15 goals to celebrate. :D

Absolutely gutted I missed that. Was at the Grimsby game but couldn't make this one as working late shifts this week.

I could have finished a bit early and got there for the penalties if i'd have known.....

Oh well, put the £7 saved towards the Wembley fund. We'll probably have two visits as I think we'll just miss out on the Autos.

Archived