Derby County vs Carlisle United

Carl Sagan

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the 2014 game mentioned in the original post:

and then the goal from the 1990 game:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/video-vault-derby-county-1-0-carlisle-united-199091-3258637.aspx

which I can't embed as it's not Youtube. It does show the value of the quick freekick. I wish the players would do more of those in our opponent's half to keep them off balane and on the back foot. Nowadays it seems to take 30+ seconds before any freekick is taken while the defence gets organized.

Carson

Christie/Hanson1  Keogh  Pearce2  Lowe3

Blackman  Butterfield  Johnson  Camara

Ince

Martin

1 If its true the Yedlin is coming then no need to rest Christie

2 Pearce needs game time, if Keogh or JS gets injured right now a rusty Pearce is a liability

3 Wouldn't want to risk Olsson too much whilst Fozzy is out, and keep Baird fresh for weekend (unless Lowe impresses, lets hope)

rest of the line up fairly strong, similar to first round I expect us to put fairly strong side out in hope of getting some momentum, but keep Hughes back certainly. Couple of U23s on the bench I think 

59 minutes ago, David said:

Grant

Baird  Hanson  Pearce  Lowe

Blackman  Butterfield  Johnson  Camara

Boycie

Bent

All about Friday. Keep those legs fresh for the battle of the Nigel's

Agree @Boycie's the right man in the hole, but editing my lucky match thread titles? If we lose I know who I'm blaming! :p

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree @Boycie's the right man in the hole, but editing my lucky match thread titles? If we lose I know who I'm blaming! :p

I was thinking of him using his weight, bit of a Heskey up there holding the ball. Not sure where all the +'s came from, titles were super long and breaking layouts on mobile. Will look into it, plus there isn't any unofficial ones so I think you'll be alright

Interesting game considering we play Friday, we need start scoring goals.

Keeper

hanson Baird Pearce Ollson 

blackman butterfield Johnson camara

Ince   Martin 

subs elsnick keeper rawson bent Russell Lowe Christie 

we have lets use them unless they are being sold.

Despite having one of your hated androids, the titles were fine on my mobile and I  rather like @Carl Sagan 's erudite approach to the match day threads. 

Still, the content is there so I won't sulk too much.

I've nothing useful to say about the game other than that I would like to see a few of the younger players in there but don't expect it.

May be a chance for Bradley and now Butterfield to get more game time without the boo boys interfering as I presume the latter don't attend cup matches. 

If Lowe is to be given a chance this season then surely you can't look any further than this? Both first choice left backs are injured/coming back from injury. 

If Lowe doesn't play tomorrow then I'll question whether any of our youngsters with squad numbers have a shot this year. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

If Lowe is to be given a chance this season then surely you can't look any further than this? Both first choice left backs are injured/coming back from injury. 

If Lowe doesn't play tomorrow then I'll question whether any of our youngsters with squad numbers have a shot this year. 

I don't think this is right, the thing being that Olsson has been out and needs games to get him (surely our de facto first choice left back for the time being) back to fitness. If Olsson were playing regularly then this would be Lowe's gig. Instead, I think we have to hope we win so Max will get to play in the next round.

3 hours ago, David said:

I was thinking of him using his weight, bit of a Heskey up there holding the ball. Not sure where all the +'s came from, titles were super long and breaking layouts on mobile. Will look into it, plus there isn't any unofficial ones so I think you'll be alright

Given the change of location for the new season I was just trying to make sure folk could find the threads with no confusion. You could always pin the next match and then unpin after the game's over? Never seen Boycie (to my knowledge) but it's quite possible he'd ttouch the ball more often than Bent!

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Despite having one of your hated androids, the titles were fine on my mobile and I  rather like @Carl Sagan 's erudite approach to the match day threads. 

Still, the content is there so I won't sulk too much.

I've nothing useful to say about the game other than that I would like to see a few of the younger players in there but don't expect it.

May be a chance for Bradley and now Butterfield to get more game time without the boo boys interfering as I presume the latter don't attend cup matches. 

Thanks, Angie! Clearly it's just the Apple fanbois having issues, which is what I'd expect when you pay twice as much for technology half as good. :ph34r: Would be pleased to see any of Rawson, Lowe, Elsnick or Guy (I get the feeling these are closest) on the teamsheet tomorrow but when you're also trying to keep the senior pros happy and still working out your best team and how to play, I don't think any of them will feature.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Bet I get boo'd

You might think so but it would be in the Poooooooom or Gouloooooooze sense when the cries of Boooooooooooooycie ring out. Just play your natural game and you'll be fine.

As Angie said .. I'd like to see Johnson and some of the younger ones get a game.

Bradley needs the chance to get some swagger back. On song he can do a job for us. Apart from just looking forward to seeing whatever Team NP picks along with some much needed placement of the ball in the net

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't think this is right, the thing being that Olsson has been out and needs games to get him (surely our de facto first choice left back for the time being) back to fitness. If Olsson were playing regularly then this would be Lowe's gig. Instead, I think we have to hope we win so Max will get to play in the next round.

I'd suggest having olsson on the bench and bringing him on, he needs to build up match fitness and he's been out a long time.

I know this won't be popular but I couldn't care less about the cups this year. I'd rest any of the preferred team bar those needing games for match fitness. So pissed off with all the injuries we've suffered the last few seasons that risking players against a team that'll be all heart and will put themselves about just doesn't sit easy with me. Really hoping we can challenge in the league again this year and I'd sacrifice the cups in a flash if doing so gave us a better chance.

Archived