cheron85

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Mel's gone quiet

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Mel's gone quiet

He has hasn't he. Maybe staying in the shadows and giving Pearson full control.. Probably also realises what an absolute cock up he made last season

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

FFP

were so close to failing or have already failed and we're having to stop spending. We don't to admit though because we've been ripping forest about it for about 18 months

Well there goes any chance of promotion until 2019 at least, FFS Mel we only needed two players in 2014!

6 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

FFP

were so close to failing or have already failed and we're having to stop spending. We don't to admit though because we've been ripping forest about it for about 18 months

Also if DCFC are going to get an embargo, surley it would make sense to bring players in before said embargo and should be sold Jeff too, even though I like him!

Give the guy a break! I have viewed this forum for a number of years but only registered tonight out of pure disbelief at some of the negative points already posted. 2 games in and we haven't played well bar the first 20 mins against Brighton but remember that football is a confidence game, had we gone one or two up in that time then we would be in a more positive position. The Barnsley performance was god awful but we have to give him time, let's see who comes in and goes out during this window and see where we are by Christmas.

I wasn't impressed with the appointment at all and nothing has been done to change my mind on that, I just keep telling myself we are definately goingto do a "Leicester" we will get promoted playing dirty horrible football, stay up by the skin of our teeth next season (only entertainment being Pearson attacking a couple of fans and players on the way) and then the season after that we get an old school Italian in e.g Ancelotti and we win the league following season!

Cant wait! This will definitely maybe, probably not happen :-) 

As it stands, the whining about Pearson is very much justifiable. Unless he changes formation, he's going to need new players in order to succeed here. 

If we continue to play 4-4-2 without any wingers, I'll rip my eyes out. We need a new midfield for that, as our central midfielders struggle playing in a two as well. I think that's before you look at the strikers and whether they're a good fit.

Six to seven players are needed to make this system work. I also think that it makes nearly 6-8 players redundant. Ultimately, I think you could go back to 4-3-3, or some slight variant on that, and make it work with 2-3 signings. 

We can talk about the strikers and how they fit into the system all day, but the wingers are criminal. I trust Pearson and he's got a good track record, but I'm not sure who will blink first. If we fail to sign no one and he continues with this formation, I'd be happy with a top half finish.

1 minute ago, Mary Hindge said:

I wasn't impressed with the appointment at all and nothing has been done to change my mind on that, I just keep telling myself we are definately goingto do a "Leicester" we will get promoted playing dirty horrible football, stay up by the skin of our teeth next season (only entertainment being Pearson attacking a couple of fans and players on the way) and then the season after that we get an old school Italian in e.g Ancelotti and we win the league following season!

10000/1

1 hour ago, Anon said:

If only there was some way to watch our matches from last season in order to see the players in a competitive environment. It would've been helpful to be able to speak to the bloke who managed the team for the second half of the season, if only he were still on our payroll.

It's all good and well going on word of mouth but do you not think he'd like to see for himself?

See how the players react to him? His training methods? Either that or 100% take the word from a guy who had never previously managed at this level before. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The last manager didn't and look where that has lead us. I imagine he has read dossiers and dossiers on the whole squad and coaching set up, of course but until he see's these players in competitive football does he really know what he's dealing with? We might as well sign every player we see with a decent YouTube highlights reel on your basis and we both know that would be absolutely absurd. 

I imagine they all look world class on the training pitch, we've had a good pre-season too but as soon as we come up against anything remotely competitive we've shat our pants once again. 

I'm not sure he is behind, I'm pretty sure he's watched a lot of our recent football and the persistence with 433 with these players and we know how that has ended for us. I'm just not sure he knows how to fix it yet. Whether that will be on his terms with his formation or reverting back to a 433.. who knows, time will tell. 

Luckily for me, I don't expect him to fix it after three games like some people are demanding. I personally don't see the problem with giving him time, he's got a proven track record so why not give him a chance? He's not even been in the job 100 days yet. 

This manager hasn't either.

Im not talking about YouTube, he has access to footage of all of our games from last year. He could see everything we have seen and then maybe it'd be obvious to him. He could speak to Walsall also, as someone else pointed out. 

6 minutes ago, Mary Hindge said:

Dirty horrible football? 

Pearson's Leicester side made very, very, very short work of the best Derby side i've seen in past 15 years. 

They were excellent, both in defence and in attack.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

This manager hasn't either.

Im not talking about YouTube, he has access to footage of all of our games from last year. He could see everything we have seen and then maybe it'd be obvious to him. He could speak to Walsall also, as someone else pointed out. 

In 3 games you're making that judgement then? Fair enough if we were at the midway point of a season and we were absolutely failing, I'd see where you're coming from then, I just can't after 3 games played and still 2 weeks left of the transfer window remaining. 

He's most definitely spoke to Wassall but if he's anything like he is in interviews he wouldn't have got a very honest and accurate description of the character of our squad. 

2 hours ago, Mary Hindge said:

Well hello! Look who's back posting

The police give you your PC back then? 

@BondJovi has also had a couple of cameos lately. Can see the thumb prints on the pair of yer heads

6 hours ago, cannable said:

It amazes me that some fans think that the concerns are knee jerk reactions burning raised as a result of a few poor games. 

Yeah, just posted in the Barnsley thread that my issue isn't the results or even the performances. Anyone can have a run of bad form at any stage of the season. It's that I can't see what he's trying to do. We all know our best players. We all know what all our players are good and bad at. 

And we've got our best players starting on the bench. Then we've got our players being asked to do things they aren't good at while others that are good at that stuff are doing something else. 

I'm really really hoping he's giving a total clean slate and learning for himself. But that seems unnecessary. Surely it'd be quicker to put out Darren Wassall's strongest 11 as they are and then experiment here and there? But whatever,  that's what I hope. 

Trying not to think that he's trying to clone our players into Leicester City. Because that's a long road. Made longer by the fact they all still play at Leicester and probably don't fancy signing for us right now. 

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wasn't you criticising Wassall last season though?

Yes, but Wassall was a temporary fix, untried and inexperienced  - Nigel Pearson is the real deal, been there and done it.

The way we played [4-3-3] for the last 3 seasons has not worked, if the season ended at Christmas we would have been promoted. So there has been a problem within the squad for longevity of the season, we have brought in an experienced manager, who now has to get that sorted out.

Have we got an issue with some players not 'manning up', lacking leaders within the squad, yes possibly - I back NP, he has the experience to sort this out - if he thinks there are players not pulling their waiting, then he will and should offload them, no player is bigger than the club.

NP will get this club back on track............

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, but Wassall was a temporary fix, untried and inexperienced  - Nigel Pearson is the real deal, been there and done it.

The way we played [4-3-3] for the last 3 seasons has not worked, if the season ended at Christmas we would have been promoted. So there has been a problem within the squad for longevity of the season, we have brought in an experienced manager, who now has to get that sorted out.

Have we got an issue with some players not 'manning up', lacking leaders within the squad, yes possibly - I back NP, he has the experience to sort this out - if he thinks there are players not pulling their waiting, then he will and should offload them, no player is bigger than the club.

NP will get this club back on track............

Wassell had some amazing performances from the team. Bad ones to. He was massacred for them.

If Nigel Pearson cannot motivate the team he has and adapt to play to there strengths then no that does not make him a good manager. 

NP has been given the power to demotivate and destroy a good squad. 

Archived