The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

40 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He needs time to build his own team. He hasn't signed 1 player yet.

He needs to get his own players in that suits his style of football and his mentality. He can only do so much with these players and after these 3 games I'm seriously doubting their mental strength when the going gets tough.

His Leic team was frightening in this league and won it by a country mile, it's also 90% HIS team that has won the prem!.

He needs a season but a lot of "experts" on here just won't get off his back.

Not just that but Leicester were really exciting to watch in the Championship. Whos to say he won't replicate that - for now he has to navigate his new team. My disapointment is saved for mclarens pathetic post Christmas collapse, the backward possession dross served up by clement and DWs Rotherham tactical debacle and his awful decision to put Thorne in harms way in a meaningless final pre-playoff game.

The book on Pearson can't be written after 2 games. I like that he sees what's going on. He will fix it and this team will entertain. Back him up. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not just that but Leicester were really exciting to watch in the Championship.

Not for 2 years they weren't... And I know a few Leicester fans who weren't enamoured with his style in the promotion season...

And then they played uninspiring football under him which nearly got them relegated when he had them in the Prem...

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The book on Pearson can't be written after 2 games. I like that he sees what's going on. He will fix it and this team will entertain. Back him up. 

If his answer is "scarp it all and start again" then fair enough... Let's settle in to struggle this season and aim for promotion in a couple of years time... But at least someone should come out and say that...

If however he's supposed to be 'building on what we already have' then he needs to show some sign of paying attention to what we already have... At the moment he seems to be doing neither...

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Not for 2 years they weren't... And I know a few Leicester fans who weren't enamoured with his style in the promotion season...

And then they played uninspiring football under him which nearly got them relegated when he had them in the Prem...

If his answer is "scarp it all and start again" then fair enough... Let's settle in to struggle this season and aim for promotion in a couple of years time... But at least someone should come out and say that...

If however he's supposed to be 'building on what we already have' then he needs to show some sign of paying attention to what we already have... At the moment he seems to be doing neither...

Most Leicester fans I know think Pearson did a VERY good job, also when Leicester went up they were a joy to watch, even If DCFC went up this year, you would not rate him as a manager , as your mind is already made up, how you can say he did not do a excellent job at Leicester shows me you have not got a clue, And for the record Pearsons team play much more Entertaining football than Steve Bruce, now Hull were a direct team. Enjoy the season in the west stand getting behind Mr Pearson and Derby. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Most Leicester fans I know think Pearson did a VERY good job, also when Leicester went up they were a joy to watch, 

Your opinion and that's fine

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

even If DCFC went up this year, you would not rate him as a manager , as your mind is already made up

I was unhappy about his appointment and so far it's being justified... I doubt he can turn it around but if he gets us promoted playing exciting attacking football... Ans then keeps us up in the Prem... then I'll write him an official "Thank you and sorry for ever doubting you" card... I'll post it here first so you can all see it...

However I doubt that's going to happen

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

how you can say he did not do a excellent job at Leicester shows me you have not got a clue

He did fine... So far he's a one-club wonder... And again... Many people have quoted this... He just kept them in the Premier League... Another chap got the same group of players to win the league...

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

And for the record Pearsons team play much more Entertaining football than Steve Bruce, now Hull were a direct team.

Again your opinion... I've quoted them as an 'efficient' outfit last season... They were in my "teams I don't want to be" list...

I'm not judging Bruce on last season... When he had a bang-average squad and made the best of a few talented players within it... I was judging his overall career performance...

13 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Enjoy the season in the west stand getting behind Mr Pearson and Derby. Lol.

Well done... Not sure what your point is here... But well done anyway...

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Nobody is right or wrong yet, we've played 3 games (badly in my opinion). There are fans who have been underwhelmed from the start. I'm one. 

I only saw the first one - and I was totally underwhelmed by that.
I don't see how a total change of formation in the first team feeds down to the under 23's and academy.
I thought the whole philosophy was we get a style of play and whoever the manager is that's how we play, so anyone coming through into the first team knows the style and formations etc.

1 hour ago, TelTheRam said:

I only saw the first one - and I was totally underwhelmed by that.
I don't see how a total change of formation in the first team feeds down to the under 23's and academy.
I thought the whole philosophy was we get a style of play and whoever the manager is that's how we play, so anyone coming through into the first team knows the style and formations etc.

Very legit post. I am 100% behind Pearson but I think Mel needs to address this openly - that is, have we suddenly abandoned the Derby Way or is it suspended pending promotion to the premier league. 

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I am Leic born and bred and i know LOADS of Leic supporters and I haven't heard 1 say a bad thing about him, infact they was all congratulating us on getting him.

3 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

It was 100% of his team that narrowly escaped relegation and well done to him 

Leicester will struggle this season and be found out 

But who gives a **** about who has done what and where and When 

i care about Derby and where they are now and where the are going and thats not a pretty place - thats all

It was 100% of his team that won the championship easily

it was 100% of his team that STAYED in the prem with a superb winning streak towards the end of the season.

Leic will not emulate what they did last season......SO ****** WHAT!!!. You do realise they won the title eh??

Do you think for one minute Leic fans think they will do it again?

Do you think they are bothered?

Just now, mwram1973 said:

It was 100% of his team that won the championship easily

it was 100% of his team that STAYED in the prem with a superb winning streak towards the end of the season.

Leic will not emulate what they did last season......SO ****** WHAT!!!. You do realise they won the title eh??

Do you think for one minute Leic fans think they will do it again?

Do you think they are bothered?

Oh I thought it was just me that thought that, lol. I expect the Leicester fans are in despair right now and wish last season never happened because they won't emulate it this! ROFL!

Hmm, David Moyes took Fergie's team, champions I believe, to 7th the following season, would that be Fergie's fault ? Funny that, Moyes get's the flak, Pearson get's the credit for Leicester becoming champions from some.

Would Leicester have won that title with Pearson in charge ? We'll never know but I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh I thought it was just me that thought that, lol. I expect the Leicester fans are in despair right now and wish last season never happened because they won't emulate it this! ROFL!

And tell me one derby fan that wouldn't want 

100% of his team p1ssing the league

100% of his team surviving in the prem

we have had 3 seasons of pretty 433 and we're still no further forward.

He will more than likely change a lot of players throughout this season and next until he gets the players that are mentally tough and can play his systems.

Will he do it this season?, probably not and these so called "experts" will be sat by the pc hoping he ***** up.

He's done more in 3 years at leic than clough, mcclaren, clement and wassall put together.

And he didn't spend 30mill doing it.

5 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

I'm dont want to convert the sheep on here just have a different point of view

Okay. But none of us really know how the team that Pearson will build will play or who will be in it. Change is always difficult, I'm really not looking to losing Martin and Hughes (if it happened). But I hated losing Idiakez and Steve Howard and ...

I want Derby to win games, this is professional sport. If we are winning it means we are doing something (or lots of things) better than the other teams. There should be no snobbery over whether it's ticky-tacky enough or only attacking is good to watch.

#COYR

18 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Hmm, David Moyes took Fergie's team, champions I believe, to 7th the following season, would that be Fergie's fault ? Funny that, Moyes get's the flak, Pearson get's the credit for Leicester becoming champions from some.

Would Leicester have won that title with Pearson in charge ? We'll never know but I don't think so.

Like you said we'll never know but they went on an amazing run towards the end of the season, playing the same style of attacking football that won them the title.

Is Ranierii THAT good of a manager that he can take a side that apparently just survived and the very next season win the title by quite a decent gap?. I very much doubt it, that's his FIRST title and he's been at some very good clubs.

You HAVE to give Pearson some credit for that team, they were mainly his players and his system of football. 

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Like you said we'll never know but they went on an amazing run towards the end of the season, playing the same style of attacking football that won them the title.

Is Ranierii THAT good of a manager that he can take a side that apparently just survived and the very next season win the title by quite a decent gap?. I very much doubt it, that's his FIRST title and he's been at some very good clubs.

You HAVE to give Pearson some credit for that team, they were mainly his players and his system of football. 

I will give Pearson as much credit for leicester winning the league last season as I did clough for us finishing 3rd under Mac, a small glancing nod of a well done.

Archived