The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

5 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Off topic - i run an Under 12s team and we play great football, never won anything but the Lads develop and enjoy it - other teams have this attitude and there are tears and tantrums so i suppose its all about vision and philosiphy 

They're kids though. Plus I would have wanted to win even at U12. I never said you couldn't have both btw - you assumed that. But the current squad don't/didn't have both and neither did Clough's teams.

I'm now fed up with being also-rans, nearly men. It wears a bit thin - ask Arsenal fans, lol. I want us to win and get promoted I want to see us in the Prem. I think NP can take us up, after that is another matter - and again there isn't only one way to stay up. #COYR

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See you get the point - winning at all costs - it's a game it's about winning. Losers can commiserate and say they played well and looked pretty, but winners get the spoils! :D

I didn't realise you were financially invested in the club. What, exactly, will you get from your season ticket outlay if you haven't been entertained?

Just now, Anon said:

I didn't realise you were financially invested in the club. What, exactly, will you get from your season ticket outlay if you haven't been entertained?

To see us win. To succeed, I can watch Sky if watching pretty football is the be all of it. I want to see Derby win. I loved the late 60s-70s era. And the Bald Eagle and Billy D. Yes I always support The Rams but I want to see us win.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm now fed up with being also-rans, nearly men. It wears a bit thin - ask Arsenal fans, lol. I want us to win and get promoted I want to see us in the Prem. I think NP can take us up, after that is another matter - and again there isn't only one way to stay up. #COYR

Take it your a NEW Fan then 

I have watched the Rams in Divison 3 away at Newport and i stick to what i said you can have both 

9 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Would be nice to hear Mel's reasonings for ending "The Derby Way" philosophy of nice football with a coach, with the appointment of NP and his history of kick and rush football being completely against everything he stood for last summer.

Everything he stood for earlier in the year you mean... It hasn't even been a full year since he sacked Clement and quoted The Derby Way as part of the reasoning! 

58 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Ok so i have never liked Pearson and didn't want him anywhere near my club

he plays ugly kick and rush pub team football akin to Mick Mcarthey at Ipswich

players like Hughes and Butterfield will stuggle to command a 1st team place as they are not as Physical and workman like which is needed under NP 

Martin has no Pace and is ineffective if we are getting the ball long into the channels at every opportunity

Christie isn't the best defensive Fullback and neither is Fozzy or olson to a lesser degree

This is why you are seeing the above on the bench or being rummoured to be replaced

Pearson Requires the following Big physical Centre halves (Morgan & Huth), Defenders foremost at Fullback

Workers and blockers in Midfield 

Quick Outlets upfront and on the wing ( Vardy, Schulp)

** Before the "Leicester won the Premier League with Pearsons Team" crew turn up - Ask their fans Vardy, Marhez were average at best under him, Morgan was poor untill Huth came in and Kante never played under him PLUS Steve Walsh identified players not NP hence why Everton paid so much compensation for him - i am unfortunate in working in Barrow upon Soar with loads of Bin Dippers and even they say the football under him was woeful

Basically the Derby Way is dead and we have sold our soul for the Premier League dream

Love it or hate it the era is over and we will be watching poor but probably effective football that in two or three years may well get us promoted

you can boo him and/or the players but nothing is changing quickly - i will still go and support the team and continue to do so but i am not feeling the love 

If we have "FAILED" over the past 3 seasons playing exciting attractive football then what did we do under clough for even longer ?

We are clearly stuck with him so sit back, Cringe and remenise of when we played like Barcelona but ultimately FAILED

Our "Barcelona" football got us nowhere though.. Burnley have gone up, come down and gone back up again whilst we've been messing about trying to compensate the 433 without Thorne. Burnley have pocketed 200m in that time having spent about 30m, ultimately they will come back down, but have a solid foundation and parachute cash as well. 

He needs time to build his own team. He hasn't signed 1 player yet.

He needs to get his own players in that suits his style of football and his mentality. He can only do so much with these players and after these 3 games I'm seriously doubting their mental strength when the going gets tough.

His Leic team was frightening in this league and won it by a country mile, it's also 90% HIS team that has won the prem!.

He needs a season but a lot of "experts" on here just won't get off his back.

Right after that debacle on saturday i think im now ready to give my thoughts on the current situation. Np for me has 2 options

Option 1.

Revert back to the 3 man midfield with 2 out wide and a focal point up top. Tried and trusted formation which has seen us go very close in the last 3 years but were missing "bottle" np seems to be a good motivator and he can add that missing ingredient and put the players in positions and in a formation that they are comfortable in and used to.

Option 2.

Stick with this 4411 formation of his but then get rid of the majority of these players as they cannot play this formation, we havent got an out and out winger apart from russell and camara obv but whom we havent seen. Hendrick bryson wouls have to go as they cannot play in a 2, butterfield might be able to, thorne likewise, hughes survives as he could play in the 1 behind the striker, johnson can but his days look numbered, also surplus would be blackman and bent, then bring in actual fast pacey wingers and central midfielders that can play in a 2, gunarsson jedinak etc, this however would be a lengthly process of 1-2 years.

Personal opinion

I would go with option 1, and add to what is a very good stylish successful formation that all the players can play. However, im concerned that np will go with option 2, and totally get rid of what we have had and built in the last 3 years, and risk going from nearly men who with bit of luck could have been in the prem now, to a brand new team, formation, squad, which might not be as pleasing on the eye as previously, also risk if that doesn't work having to start back AGAIN from square one, with a team that came so close being totally destroyed.

8 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Our "Barcelona" football got us nowhere though.. Burnley have gone up, come down and gone back up again whilst we've been messing about trying to compensate the 433 without Thorne. Burnley have pocketed 200m in that time having spent about 30m, ultimately they will come back down, but have a solid foundation and parachute cash as well. 

What is there great plan then, I want DCFC to be a stable PL club not yoyo, something will give with Burnely soon if Dyche goes they are in trouble IMO

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

That's the debate we're having though isn't it... What's more important to people... Winning at all costs? Or winning whilst playing nice football?

Personally I advocate the second... I would rather not be the yo-yo team that Burnley are... Mostly the teams who have played the 'effective' style of football have either got relegated or barely survived their first season... QPR, Norwich, Burnley, Reading, Cardiff...

Whereas it's tended to be the more exciting attacking teams who have done okay... Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, West Ham... Not all the same style of play... Some tippy tappy like we've done and some a more speed and power...  But all played expansive attacking styles...

This is what I think Uncle Mel was referring to with 'The Derby Way' and why I worry about Pearson... As his Leicester team were an efficient 'defence first' type of team...

It was 100% of his team that narrowly escaped relegation and well done to him 

Leicester will struggle this season and be found out 

But who gives a **** about who has done what and where and When 

i care about Derby and where they are now and where the are going and thats not a pretty place - thats all

11 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He needs time to build his own team. He hasn't signed 1 player yet.

He needs to get his own players in that suits his style of football and his mentality. He can only do so much with these players and after these 3 games I'm seriously doubting their mental strength when the going gets tough.

His Leic team was frightening in this league and won it by a country mile, it's also 90% HIS team that has won the prem!.

He needs a season but a lot of "experts" on here just won't get off his back.

The team under him barely survived - The same players under someone else won the league

The team we had under Nigel Clough was mid table - McClaren took the same basic team into the top 3

If the same group of players does badly with one manager and well with another is that the players? Or the manager?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Physiotherapists in the Derby area will be earning a fortune over the next couple of days with the amount of jerked knee injuries sustained so far.

As stated already... I've had this opinion since May... In fact since long before that... Since I ever saw Pearson as a manager anywhere...

No knee jerking involved don't you worry

Well whats he waiting for, NP? eh? - been here 10 weeks! His post match interview went on about the fitness of some players - what the hell we been doing for last ten weeks - thats his job  - to get them fit, motivated and playing!!

Transfer fees are going up and up every day - as the clock ticks in this window - Bolasie for £25mil today - Crystal Palace chairman must be laffing his cock off at that....

Needs to get shut on our car crash signings.....and who is not in his plans

Needs a new striker with pace and Razza in the team.....

Archived