The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

Now I'm sure the mods will remove this if they feel the need but I'm trying to turn my posts in the rest of the forum into more Pearson-neutral posts... So I thought it might be nice to set up a thread specifically where those of us who are unimpressed by Pearson in general can rant about it in comfort...

I nearly cried when we appointed Pearson... He's a dreadful manager who advocates dreadful football... He was perfectly suited to Leicester who have a history of 'efficient' football (kick people and then run away with the ball)... But we DON'T... We are NOT Leeds...

His track record is patchy at best... Dreadful at Southampton... Not good enough at Hull... Took 3 years to get promoted with a Leicester squad who were considered one of the strongest in the league each time... Then scraped survival with a team which went on to win the Premier League...

Also... He's a nutter... Consistently proven to be amongst the least professional managers out there... Attacking players on the touchline? At least Sean Dyche only LOOKS like a nutter... Pearson in genuinely deranged...

And despite saying he'd fit a formation and a style of play to the players once he'd seen them... He has failed to do that already... He's back to playing the way HE wants to play regardless of the players in front of him...

A talented manager comes in... Looks at the players... And works out the best way for THEM to play... Look at Ranieri at Leicester... He didn't exclusively play 4-4-2 at previous clubs... Came in and worked out that Leicester were hard and fast... And styled them to perfect that... Pearson seems completely incapable of that...

And finally... Who comes out after 3 competitive games in charge and blames the players lack of form for poor results/performances? You're the manager Pearson... The buck stops with you... man up and take responsibility...

Actually don't... Just leave... Go away and leave us in peace...

Until then... RIP The Derby Way...

Well... That was fairly cathartic... for now...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early days yet, but I'm confused and slightly concerned over a few things. A 20 goal per season striker has seemingly been consigned to the scrap heap because his face doesn't fit. Hughes being left out of the team. Blackman starting every game. Bizarre transfer behaviour from the club yet again. Pearson has had all summer to assess the squad, yet we were silent in terms of bids for players. I have no issue with that, but it's dismaying to see that the panic button has apparently been pressed and bids are flying around after two games. Pearson should've either been able to work out what was required much earlier or he should be giving the current players more time. Kick and rush 4-4-2 can suck a fat one, "but muh Leicester!" but nothing. Leicester are a massive outlier and more to the point, we are not Leicester, we are Derby.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

A 20 goal per season striker has seemingly been consigned to the scrap heap because his face doesn't fit. Hughes being left out of the team. 

These are unforgivable for me... There is NO reason why these two players can't fit into any formation you want to play... And they are amongst our most creative talents... 

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Kick and rush 4-4-2 can suck a fat one, "but muh Leicester!" but nothing. Leicester are a massive outlier and more to the point, we are not Leicester, we are Derby.

Why can't we be Southampton? Or Swansea? Or (shudder) Bournemouth?

Even Burnley play better football than Leicester historically have... And did under Pearson...

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

Early days yet, but I'm confused and slightly concerned over a few things. A 20 goal per season striker has seemingly been consigned to the scrap heap because his face doesn't fit. Hughes being left out of the team. Blackman starting every game. Bizarre transfer behaviour from the club yet again. Pearson has had all summer to assess the squad, yet we were silent in terms of bids for players. I have no issue with that, but it's dismaying to see that the panic button has apparently been pressed and bids are flying around after two games. Pearson should've either been able to work out what was required much earlier or he should be giving the current players more time. Kick and rush 4-4-2 can suck a fat one, "but muh Leicester!" but nothing. Leicester are a massive outlier and more to the point, we are not Leicester, we are Derby.

This. Agree totally. Saved me some words that ANON and because of that you have given others on here the will to live so thanks. ;)

I have concerns but it's 3 games in. Besides, I stopped on a country road near Baslow near to where I live to let Mr Pearson, his family and his dog cross the road about a year back so HE OWES ME!!

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

2 League Games!!!!!!! I give in

The OP has specifically stated that they created this containment thread so we don't have to be overly negative elsewhere. If you don't like it you are quite welcome to ignore it.

Just as a matter of interest what part do our players have In performances so far? Given they are a mirror of countless stunningly poor performances we are treated to over the past few years sprinkled with the odd performance the frustrates the hell out of us by showing they are capable of far far far better,,, I said elsewhere there's no need to single out players it's just clear that as a group the are either unwilling or incapable of producing any kind of consistency at all , it's lik the England scenario no matter how many managers come in with very good cv s the players flatter to deceive and ultimately never turn up or get the job done when it really matters,,,,, your just using our historically under achieving players as a stick to beat a manager you personally don't like or rate

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I didn't think he was the right fit for us in the first place, every time his name was mentioned I said 'no no no'. But I am not a world authority on football and always hope to be proved wrong. I'm waiting. 

This statement also sums me up perfectly - Pearson was last on my list but once appointed I thought best to give him the benefit of the doubt for as long as possible. For me it is too early to judge, I am still giving the benefit of the doubt, but after starting to feel some good things during pre-season I am now having some worries.

Still hanging in there though.

It is obvious that there is a problem mentally in the squad - they definitely have a soft underbelly! Whether Pearson is the man to fix remains to be seen. It will be interesting to look back and see how these whining's are answered. I'd be more confident in NP if he valued Will (and Chrissie) but maybe he does and there's lots of 'head-testing' mind games going on along with the 'football'?

We'll see...

16 minutes ago, archied said:

Just as a matter of interest what part do our players have In performances so far? Given they are a mirror of countless stunningly poor performances we are treated to over the past few years sprinkled with the odd performance the frustrates the hell out of us by showing they are capable of far far far better,,, I said elsewhere there's no need to single out players it's just clear that as a group the are either unwilling or incapable of producing any kind of consistency at all , it's lik the England scenario no matter how many managers come in with very good cv s the players flatter to deceive and ultimately never turn up or get the job done when it really matters,,,,, your just using our historically under achieving players as a stick to beat a manager you personally don't like or rate

I disagree. Finishing 3rd, 8th, and 6th in a division that is notoriously difficult to get out of whilst playing mostly good football is not an underachievement in my book. I've immensely enjoyed the last few years and it would by no means be the end of the world if we continued in that vein. Unless your attitude is Premiership or bust I don't see how the last 3 seasons can be viewed as anything other than a success.

This will all be forgotten if we won a few games but the players are going through a bigger shake up than they had before its going to take a bit of time to get it sorted. 

Does anyone remember that 4-1 defeat vs NPs leicester in there promotion season? Arguably our most 'beautiful passing team' we have had for a while and the team many of us want to aspire too. But it was made to look like a bunch of amateurs who could barely pass a ball. 

Early days yet. My only worry is passing 442 without proper wingers ala judge, Knockaert etc is a recipe for problem razza and JR to a fashion are the only one at the club. And they don't even start.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Now I'm sure the mods will remove this if they feel the need but I'm trying to turn my posts in the rest of the forum into more Pearson-neutral posts... So I thought it might be nice to set up a thread specifically where those of us who are unimpressed by Pearson in general can rant about it in comfort...

I nearly cried when we appointed Pearson... He's a dreadful manager who advocates dreadful football... He was perfectly suited to Leicester who have a history of 'efficient' football (kick people and then run away with the ball)... But we DON'T... We are NOT Leeds...

His track record is patchy at best... Dreadful at Southampton... Not good enough at Hull... Took 3 years to get promoted with a Leicester squad who were considered one of the strongest in the league each time... Then scraped survival with a team which went on to win the Premier League...

Also... He's a nutter... Consistently proven to be amongst the least professional managers out there... Attacking players on the touchline? At least Sean Dyche only LOOKS like a nutter... Pearson in genuinely deranged...

And despite saying he'd fit a formation and a style of play to the players once he'd seen them... He has failed to do that already... He's back to playing the way HE wants to play regardless of the players in front of him...

A talented manager comes in... Looks at the players... And works out the best way for THEM to play... Look at Ranieri at Leicester... He didn't exclusively play 4-4-2 at previous clubs... Came in and worked out that Leicester were hard and fast... And styled them to perfect that... Pearson seems completely incapable of that...

And finally... Who comes out after 3 competitive games in charge and blames the players lack of form for poor results/performances? You're the manager Pearson... The buck stops with you... man up and take responsibility...

Actually don't... Just leave... Go away and leave us in peace...

Until then... RIP The Derby Way...

Well... That was fairly cathartic... for now...

I'm absolutely delighted to see that you sit in West Upper Block B, as this is nowhere near my season ticket. I fear for those sitting around you, i just hope it's not too early for them to change seats.

I have 100 percent belief in the management set up at Derby, and believe in a couple of seasons we will be promoted, 2 games in is not the time to panic, Mr Pearson will sign players, but only players who fit into his plan, no point just buying anyone, and I still feel with this squad and 3 additions, we will have a very good season, remember Perarsons record at this level, he was most people's choice for the job, so give him time, he will get it right, let's get behind the club and Mr Pearson.

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Does anyone remember that 4-1 defeat vs NPs leicester in there promotion season? Arguably our most 'beautiful passing team' we have had for a while and the team many of us want to aspire too. But it was made to look like a bunch of amateurs who could barely pass a ball. 

The same Leicester made the Premier League look silly last season... Yet they lost to Hull at the weekend... A Hull team playing Livermore at CB... 

That was a one off game where they outplayed us... But did you see our makeshift defence that game?

44 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

2 League Games!!!!!!! I give in

4 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I'm absolutely delighted to see that you sit in West Upper Block B, as this is nowhere near my season ticket. I fear for those sitting around you, i just hope it's not too early for them to change seats.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I have 100 percent belief in the management set up at Derby, and believe in a couple of seasons we will be promoted, 2 games in is not the time to panic, Mr Pearson will sign players, but only players who fit into his plan, no point just buying anyone, and I still feel with this squad and 3 additions, we will have a very good season, remember Perarsons record at this level, he was most people's choice for the job, so give him time, he will get it right, let's get behind the club and Mr Pearson.

Very happy for all three of you...

This is a thread for those of us who are unhappy about Pearson to whine and complain and try to get it out of our system so we don't do it elsewhere... Please respect that and keep your positive opinions of Pearson to other threads... I think containing the negativity every now and then can be a good thing...

Also... Pearson's record at this level would be described as 'patchy at best'... He has a single promotion under his belt... That's it... Why do people think that it considered a 'record'?

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The same Leicester made the Premier League look silly last season... Yet they lost to Hull at the weekend... A Hull team playing Livermore at CB... 

That was a one off game where they outplayed us... But did you see our makeshift defence that game?

Hardly 'makeshift' only keogh was missing. Keane was not a mediocre replacement. We were torn to bits that day.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Very happy for all three of you...

This is a thread for those of us who are unhappy about Pearson to whine and complain and try to get it out of our system so we don't do it elsewhere... Please respect that and keep your positive opinions of Pearson to other threads... I think containing the negativity every now and then can be a good thing...

Also... Pearson's record at this level would be described as 'patchy at best'... He has a single promotion under his belt... That's it... Why do people think that it considered a 'record'?

I am just pointing out, that negativity like this, at this stage of the season is a joke, and Pearsons record is good at this level, and out of interest who would you have chosen as Derbys manager.

Archived