The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Dave's just jealous cos Nigel has a city and guilds level 3 plumbing. 

(although Dave would love that young academy kid to get a start. Whatshisface? White hair. Fairly tidy player apparently).

Camara ??

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

So, because I have never had any time for Pearson I'm a proper ***** spouting utter *****. 

I'd be that I suppose than a hypocrite, I just don't like the bloke and just because he's been given the job at the club I follow doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion on him. 

That wasn't aimed at you

1 hour ago, Leicester Fan said:

I don't know if you're serious, but what utter nonsense.

To suggest that Nigel Pearson did anything other than a fantastic job with us is ludicrous. Being 'considered one of the strongest teams in the league' is not the same as being one of the strongest teams in the league. Second time around with us, Nigel inherited a side filled with over paid, very average Championship-at best players (Jermaine Beckford, Neil Danns, Matt Mills, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Lee Peltier, Sean St. Ledger, Paul Konchesky)  at a club that had no cohesive strategy or positive atmosphere. Second season he built a side that got into the play-offs and that was clearly moving forward, third season he won the Championship with 102 points. Oh and he cuts costs, and infinitely improved the quality of football, while doing it. His fingerprints are all over everything that has happened at Leicester City - of course others have contributed massively, and you don't have access to them - but Nigel Pearson knows how to build strong sides with a positive mentality and if given the time to do that he will do it again for you. His record was not 'dreadful' at Southampton, he was there for basically no time at all and kept their relegation threatened side up. At Hull he built a strong side that would go on to be promoted to the Premier League after he returned to us. It is unbelievably ignorant to suggest he's a dreadful manager, at least it is if you judge football management on the performance of football teams. Perhaps you remember our 'efficient' 4-1 dismantling of you the season we comfortably won the league? I seem to remember quite enjoying our style of play that night, but I suppose if 'efficient' winning football isn't for you then you're right to have an issue with Nigel Pearson.

An incredible manager, who if given time to revamp your squad, will at the very least make you a stable Premier League side, has fallen into your lap. And you want to get rid of him after three games because you've got a misguided view of his time at previous clubs that just can't be objective, and because the media made a huge fuss over a couple of minor incidents. You cannot make any rational judgement about a manager after THREE GAMES, football just doesn't work like that, but I assure you that on the basis of six years of watching a Nigel Pearson led team, he is more than good enough for you.

Kick people, run away with the ball, score, win the match, win the Championship, stay in the Premier League. God it was awful, you've really brought it all back.

Well put. We won't be in the playoffs this season whoever is in charge, we've got a bloated squad of over paid, over spent average players,, sounds familiar to when he took over at your club 2nd time around. But he's the perfect bloke to sort us out, we can't be as sure he'll get the time here unfortunately :( , but if given the time he'll sort out the mess I'm certain. 

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Well put. We won't be in the playoffs this season whoever is in charge, we've got a bloated squad of over paid, over spent average players,, sounds familiar to when he took over at your club 2nd time around. But he's the perfect bloke to sort us out, we can't be as sure he'll get the time here unfortunately :( , but if given the time he'll sort out the mess I'm certain. 

This same group of players reached the playoffs last season under the leadership of someone who many would claim is a worse manager. For a manager as good as Pearson supposedly is playoffs should be the absolute minimum with this squad.

Pearson must win me over before I start singing his praises I couldn't give a **** what his record was somewhere else previously it's what he does here that counts and so far he doesn't fill me with confidence but I am willing to give him time. I get that he is trying to do something different but that something different needs to be better .

13 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I really can't understand the toys out the pram tantrum from some of our fans... 3 bloody games ffs.. He needs a year to get to grips with what he needs to do. Some people today are beyond stupidity

Not a great sell to potential players that, come here and have a season of mid-table medicority whilst I sort my team out,

Yes he will need 2-3 years and he may get us up 

My argument has only ever been he plays crap football doing it and I don't like it or him 

Clement and Wassall didn't get what years, will he ?

I predict dire football and finish 8th so we will see come May

Welcome to the new bin dipper member who just happened to stumble on to this thread to promote NP

30 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

That bloated squad is capable of the playoffs... As we saw last year...

25 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

This same group of players reached the playoffs last season under the leadership of someone who many would claim is a worse manager. For a manager as good as Pearson supposedly is playoffs should be the absolute minimum with this squad.

This

12 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Not a great sell to potential players that, come here and have a season of mid-table medicority whilst I sort my team out,

And this...

5 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Yes he will need 2-3 years and he may get us up 

My argument has only ever been he plays crap football doing it and I don't like it or him 

Clement and Wassall didn't get what years, will he ?

I predict dire football and finish 8th so we will see come May

Welcome to the new bin dipper member who just happened to stumble on to this thread to promote NP

Different style to this bullshit "Derby way" everyone's so obsessed with, of course. Far from crap and dire. Leicester have certainly not had crap and dire football in the past 3/4 seasons. Infact, they've probably had a whale of a time whilst we keep up this madness of trying the same thing with the same tools over and over again. 

6 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

He needs time to build his own team. He hasn't signed 1 player yet.

Why has he waited for the season to be underway though? Says to me he believes the squad is capable of fitting his philosophy so that's rubbish

Just watching Conte play 4231 at Chelsea, a manager who pretty much has played 352 his entire managerial career.

Why isn't he playing 352 at Chelsea? Is it because he's looked at his squad, realised he doesn't have the players for 352 and used a system to get the best out of what he has at his disposal?

Pearson on the other hand is stubborn! Playing 442 with a central midfielder at left wing and a striker at right wing is a joke.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Why has he waited for the season to be underway though? Says to me he believes the squad is capable of fitting his philosophy so that's rubbish

To evaluate his squad properly?

Last season's pre-season was an absolute car crash in terms of adding personnel required, why would he and the club want to do that again?

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

To evaluate his squad properly?

Last season's pre-season was an absolute car crash in terms of adding personnel required, why would he and the club want to do that again?

Why does he need to evaluate the squad? Does he not know any of these players? Has he not done his research?

His decisions in the opening games indicate he hasn't, so yeah, you're right. He is a few steps behind. I'm waiting for him to catch on to what most Derby fans would be able to tell him in a 5 minute conversation.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just watching Conte play 4231 at Chelsea, a manager who pretty much has played 352 his entire managerial career.

Why isn't he playing 352 at Chelsea? Is it because he's looked at his squad, realised he doesn't have the players for 352 and used a system to get the best out of what he has at his disposal?

Pearson on the other hand is stubborn! Playing 442 with a central midfielder at left wing and a striker at right wing is a joke.

To be fair Johnson was shoved out wide left last season and every manager since Clough has played strikers on the wing, unfair to pick on Pearson for that.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Why does he need to evaluate the squad? Does he not know any of these players? Has he not done his research?

His decisions in the opening games indicate he hasn't, so yeah, you're right. He is a few steps behind. I'm waiting for him to catch on to what most Derby fans would be able to tell him in a 5 minute conversation.

This is the thing which has annoyed me most this summer.

How is it possible that Pearson didn't know we couldn't play 442 with the current personnel, or somebody at the club working in a player development/coaching job never told him.

Average fans knew this, so how could highly-paid professionals not...

And on the off chance Pearson was well aware of our squad's inability to play 442, why hasn't any signings been made to help him? 

Archived