The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Would it not have been better if his PRE match talk injected FIGHT allowing us 90 minutes of it as opposed to just the 45 ? 

Should we not be going out, particularly at home, to not allow our opponents to get into some kind of stride ? 

Indeed. But the first half shows up everything that is/has been wrong with our squad!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Would it not have been better if his PRE match talk injected FIGHT allowing us 90 minutes of it as opposed to just the 45 ? 

Should we not be going out, particularly at home, to not allow our opponents to get into some kind of stride ? 

Yep, can't disagree with that. He should have 'created a motivational atmosphere' before the game.

But they sucked in the first half, we saw they sucked, and so did NP.

NP then brought on Razza and we saw the impact of his half time talk. Same players different performance.

vaderchokefeature-619-386.jpg

5 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

How many times in the last year has this team turned up in the first half?

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

How many times in the last year has this team turned up in the first half?

But Nigel's the man who doesn't take nonsense, surely he's had them in and told them what is and isn't acceptable, what he expects and what he won't tolerate ?  shrug1.gif

35 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

But Nigel's the man who doesn't take nonsense, surely he's had them in and told them what is and isn't acceptable, what he expects and what he won't tolerate ?  shrug1.gif

And if they don't learn he'll ship them out!

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

But that is my point, 3 different people leading this team in the last year have seemed to need a half time talk to sort the players out. Why has that not happened from the start! I do though suspect with Pearson if they didn't sort it out they may not have be starting again anytime soon.

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

But that is my point, 3 different people leading this team in the last year have seemed to need a half time talk to sort the players out. Why has that not happened from the start! I do though suspect with Pearson if they didn't sort it out they may not have be starting again anytime soon.

How many do you think might be in the "they* ?

If it's endemic through the squad it may not be possible to ship all of them out unless we want a squad smaller than hull's! 

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not sure about that, I do remember being awful pre season, then Bolton.......

Even with Hughes and Bryson out we were dominating matches. We weren't creating masses of opportunities, but we were still by and large pushing the opposition back. Can't say the same so far this season.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Even with Hughes and Bryson out we were dominating matches. We weren't creating masses of opportunities, but we were still by and large pushing the opposition back. Can't say the same so far this season.

Even as far as the 5th game Leeds at home 1-2 we were pretty poor at times. And we couldn't break down the likes of two of the teams that got relegated [Bolton /Charlton]

I remember than fans were saying players had lost confidence because the end of season form.

Two games in and NP said that some players lacked confidence......recurring issue here, the players.

I do think some players will be going within the next week or so............

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

Even as far as the 5th game Leeds at home 1-2 we were pretty poor at times. And we couldn't break down the likes of two of the teams that got relegated [Bolton /Charlton]

I remember than fans were saying players had lost confidence because the end of season form.

Two games in and NP said that some players lacked confidence......recurring issue here, the players.

I do think some players will be going within the next week or so............

Yes, we were struggling to break teams down, but we were dominating matches. Which is more than I would say we're doing at the moment.  One of those two teams had the luck to play us in a game where two of our most important players went off injured in the first half and Charlton scored a lucky deflectd goal they barely deserved.

In the Charlton match we came back and got something out the game and always looked likely to do so. This was with a midfield of Thorne, Hanson and Hendrick - hardly the most attack minded midfield. Compare that to barnsley, also the second match of the season where we went a goal down to a lucky goal, we never even looked like getting back into it.

Really? I remember lots of fans saying that our bad luck couldn't continue forever with regards to injuries and deflected goals. And they were right, the deflections stopped and we shot up the league. We all know what happened after, but that's beside the point.

Sure, some players lacked confidence. Playing well helps players gain confidence. How do you get players to play well? You play them in a postion that suits them.

Depending on who goes, I wouldn't be too fussed. The likes of Johnson, Bent and Blackman can go for me, with some of our younger players leaving on loan to gain some experience.

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 14:43, cheron85 said:

See this is an attitude I can't get on board with... If it was about SPORT then why would you pay to go watch it? We'd all go down the park...

We pay to be entertained... Now for some that entertainment is entirely down to winning... They don't care about how the game is won... Just that it's won...

We're expressing the sadness that we seem to have abandoned the ideal of 'winning with style' in favour of 'winning at all costs'...

I find it odd that Clement was given the boot for trying to play 'win at all costs' football and then we appoint Pearson... It's like none of the lessons of last year were taken in...

When will the WINNING at all costs start do you think? Personally I'd rather lose in style having tried to play the right way.

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

When will the WINNING at all costs start do you think? Personally I'd rather lose in style having tried to play the right way.

What is *the* right way then? All this crap about either or. Of course we'll be playing decent football if we're winning most games in the Championship or any league. No more go watch parks football ****** thanks, I don't support a parks team.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What is *the* right way then? All this crap about either or. Of course we'll be playing decent football if we're winning most games in the Championship or any league. No more go watch parks football ****** thanks, I don't support a parks team.

Attractive football is obviously what he means. I'd rather try to go up the hard way like Bournemouth or Watford playing nice, attacking football. I would rather that than follow the path of Burnley and Boro.

Not really a whinge about Pearson (although the it could be perceived to be) but I don't really buy all this 'we're building from the back' malarkey.

I felt we were much more organised under Clement from game one than we appear to be now, with pretty much the same team.

I know somebody will point out that we had conceded more goals by this point under Clement but two of them were deflected efforts and the third was a shot that was so bad that it turned into an amazing pass.

5 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Attractive football is obviously what he means. I'd rather try to go up the hard way like Bournemouth or Watford playing nice, attacking football. I would rather that than follow the path of Burnley and Boro.

I agree with your sentiment. Interestingly and in passing,  boro seem to have altered formation and outlook in their first couple of prem games. Playing 442 rather than the dour end of 4231. Burnley haven't. 

Perhaps boro had a plan all along not to be crashingly dull. Still don't warm to karanka tho...

13 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Sick of seeing this. 

So you'd take relegation as long as we tried to play 'the right way' .... There is no RIGHT way.

Ask the Portuguese if they feel their Euro win was any less of a win because of how they went about it! 

Losing doesn't hurt any less even when playing nice football and anyone who thinks it does has a very short memory.

Archived