Dangerous Talk

utisbug

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would say that the 442 if played effectively should be as good for us as the 433.

that means fluidity though amongst the 2 wingers and the number 10. 

GK 

DEFENCE

2 holding mids 

winger.   Number 10.    Winger 

striker 

sadly our wingers don't seem very fluid but then again that's probably because we don't have any. 

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even if all the players were psychologically right we would still have had nobody to win headers against their centre backs or run on to the balls lumped aimlessly down towards their corner flags.

I am more interested in what Pearson has to say about our style of football rather than listen to him being a psychologist to be honest.

But I think the stupid stuff we start doing when it isn't going right is part of the problem. In my experience playing football just knocking an aimless ball forward is the easy way out, the kind of thing I'd do if I felt overcome by the situation. We know these players can play any team of the park in this division, they just don't seem to either believe it or want to enough.

Pearson will address the balance no doubt but some of these players need a rocket up the arse.

18 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Mel's biggest mistake was sacking McClaren.

Boooooommmmmmm! I thought I was the only one. 

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

All this drivel after two games... Some on hear need to look at themselves! Pearson had time at Leicester, that's why they are prem champions. Since Mel's been involved we've had three managers. If you don't buy into Pearson's philosophy.... Don't go! Sick of overracting fans who act like children! 

As I said, in my opinion he has as much time as he wants as long as he goes about it the right way.

I'll repeat what I said yesterday, I don't remember too many calling for Wassall to be given time...

11 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

All this drivel after two games... Some on hear need to look at themselves! Pearson had time at Leicester, that's why they are prem champions. Since Mel's been involved we've had three managers. If you don't buy into Pearson's philosophy.... Don't go! Sick of overracting fans who act like children! 

We aren't overreacting though, we're talking about long running issues over three years. Pearson will get a whole season from me no matter what, I don't even think we'll get promoted. Read the posts properly and put forward a reasoned post.

9 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I don't like the person I've become tbh. But jesus, something needs to be done - from Clement last season, it's been pretty dire. I think we just need to swallow a bit of our lets play pretty football  and have a bit more of a fecking lets get it done mentality.

We all slagged Burnley off for their football but thre're in the prem this season.  What do we want?  We might have to sell our soul to the devil and play crap footie for a while.  I'm in. 

I much prefer the person you have become, as you are an increasingly lone voice amid the growing myth that somehow we have been playing beautiful football for the last three or more years and have a squad which needs just slightly tweaking and then along comes the big bad wolf and eats grandma.

Wrong. We were boring under Nigel's 433 and going nowhere. We played well under McClaren for a season and then half a season. Then we were rubbish for half a season and last season? Sorry, I don't remember anyone purring at the beautiful football Clement was playing.

This squad that has been built up over three years isn't good enough for promotion. You don't need anyone to tell you that, they have shown us themselves. 

Morris and Rush said at Pearson's unveiling that they wanted a manager in the old fashioned sense and all but said the Derby way had gone. The new way Clement experience had failed and they weren't interested in repeating it. 

Pearson should have done more so far to change his squad but he hasn't, don't know why, plenty of reasons I suppose. He will do I'm sure. 

If I'd turned up against Brighton to see a 433 with Martin up front, Russell on one side and Ince on the other, I would have utterly despaired.

Don't be frightened to break up this squad because it has failed to achieve what we want it to achieve. Let Pearson do his job and let's see if he can succeed where McClaren and Clement failed. 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As I said, in my opinion he has as much time as he wants as long as he goes about it the right way.

I'll repeat what I said yesterday, I don't remember too many calling for Wassall to be given time...

Because Pearson is a proven manager unlike Wassall. It's well known that Pearson goes through sticky patches but in the long run he makes the club better. 

28 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Mel's biggest mistake was sacking McClaren.

With hindsight I can't disagree with this but in his defence he's probably very big on loyalty so when McClaren thought the grass was greener in Newcastle he though **** you mate. Who hasn't made a decision in the heat of the moment when they feel let down/betrayed ? 

Don't forget McClaren gave him all that "I've always looked for their results, this is a special club to me, we're putting in a 3 year plan" etc etc then it appeared we were just no more to him than a vehicle to put himself in the shop window for bigger and better things.

Don't get me wrong, I miss how we played mostly under McClaren though I did think he lost it towards the end of his tenure but I fully understand why he was sacked and rightly or wrongly, I'd have done the same as Morris did.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Yet again yesterday though, these same players people want to tweak the team with all let us down. After all this **** begging for Hughes to play when he came on I never heard his name mentioned, he did nothing. Cyrus and Fozzy sounded terrible. We've got some serious psychological issues here, Pearson said so post match. It's going to take time. If we need to sell 2 big players and replace them then I can't say I'd object.

We've had a few managers now, same issues repeating every time and it isn't the ability of the players.

Yes, tweak them. You can't blame the players for not playing well when their entire system of playing has been changed. If they played a different style rather than a game of who can run the most then they are not going to be as effective. 

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

With hindsight I can't disagree with this but in his defence he's probably very big on loyalty so when McClaren thought the grass was greener in Newcastle he though **** you mate. Who hasn't made a decision in the heat of the moment when they feel let down/betrayed ? 

Don't forget McClaren gave him all that "I've always looked for their results, this is a special club to me, we're putting in a 3 year plan" etc etc then it appeared we were just no more to him than a vehicle to put himself in the shop window for bigger and better things.

Don't get me wrong, I miss how we played mostly under McClaren though I did think he lost it towards the end of his tenure but I fully understand why he was sacked and rightly or wrongly, I'd have done the same as Morris did.

Even if you think sacking McClaren was the right thing to do it just so disappointing that we have never found a good successor for his system. I liked the idea of the 'Derby Way' in that sacking a head coach wouldn't change much as the new head coach would continue with that style of play. Clement didn't follow that style and I'm pretty sure Pearson won't either.

It's why I think sacking McClaren was such a bad move as we have never found a good successor.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because Pearson is a proven manager unlike Wassall. It's well known that Pearson goes through sticky patches but in the long run he makes the club better. 

He has suceeded at one club, I would hardly call that a proven manager.

Using the same basis of measurement why were there not more people calling for Phil Brown to be appointed?!

3 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

Yes, tweak them. You can't blame the players for not playing well when their entire system of playing has been changed. If they played a different style rather than a game of who can run the most then they are not going to be as effective. 

Not buying that sorry, you don't forget how to do simple things just because your instructions are slightly different. These are paid pros that have played in many different teams and styles.

5 hours ago, TETRA said:

Pearson hands are clearly tied by FFP rules, & I believe we've not been told the whole truth in this regard by Mel & Sam. I'm sure Pearson was told this when approached for the job, but I think even he looked at the squad & thought I can surely do something here. Well he's learning fast that what he's got isn't quite what he thought. You can spend as much as you like on players, but if their not the right type or blend for a TEAM then your throwing your money away. 

But its a fact four different Managers over what is it just over 14 months has done us no favours whatsoever Mel.

How do you know hes learning fast? Ive seen no evidence of this in his first 3 games ?

6 hours ago, TETRA said:

Pearson hands are clearly tied by FFP rules, & I believe we've not been told the whole truth in this regard by Mel & Sam.

Very worrying that we have bids in for a 4 further players then, especially when 1 has pretty much been confirmed as being £7m.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I much prefer the person you have become, as you are an increasingly lone voice amid the growing myth that somehow we have been playing beautiful football for the last three or more years and have a squad which needs just slightly tweaking and then along comes the big bad wolf and eats grandma.

Wrong. We were boring under Nigel's 433 and going nowhere. We played well under McClaren for a season and then half a season. Then we were rubbish for half a season and last season? Sorry, I don't remember anyone purring at the beautiful football Clement was playing.

This squad that has been built up over three years isn't good enough for promotion. You don't need anyone to tell you that, they have shown us themselves. 

Morris and Rush said at Pearson's unveiling that they wanted a manager in the old fashioned sense and all but said the Derby way had gone. The new way Clement experience had failed and they weren't interested in repeating it. 

Pearson should have done more so far to change his squad but he hasn't, don't know why, plenty of reasons I suppose. He will do I'm sure. 

If I'd turned up against Brighton to see a 433 with Martin up front, Russell on one side and Ince on the other, I would have utterly despaired.

Don't be frightened to break up this squad because it has failed to achieve what we want it to achieve. Let Pearson do his job and let's see if he can succeed where McClaren and Clement failed. 

We reached two play offs, both could have gone either way so to say it's not good enough for promotion is wrong in my opinion.

Also the fact that they made the football club a good place to be around, a good thing to invest in and more attractive for supporters would seem to indicate they were not a failure.

Does losing at Wembley last year also mean Forestieri is not good enough for a team wanting promotion?

By all means give Pearson a chance to build his own team, no problem there but don't go about it the way it looks like he is going to ie just ripping everything up and starting again. For one thing that will lead to a lot of the players that will be moved on losing a lot of value.

My one concern is that if he is insisting on wanting to play 442, until he has the players to play that system, why isn't he playing a tried and tested system that works. 

It hasn't got us promoted, but it would have beaten Barnsley and has proved to be very affective against Brighton. 

Instead we have 1 (lucky imo) point. 

How important can 5 points dropped be at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

christie. Keogh shackell Forsyth 

Thorne

Hughes Bryson 

Russell  Martin forestieri 

oh how I long for the effort and attacking ability and potentially we could even field them but I fear we never will 

Just popped this on the FF topic but more relevant here maybe 

Archived