Dangerous Talk

utisbug

7 minutes ago, utisbug said:

No, we haven't been promoted in the past 3 seasons...so you think the players we currently have aren't capable of that?

The players we have playing in the formation you love have proven themselves incapable of that, yes. Somethings gotta give.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

I crave instant success ffs seriously.  haha. muppet? not a proper fan?. Kinell. 

Look its your prerogative. Obviously, you're a fan, and it's not my place to say you aint. You clearly took issue with my post and disagree with my views on the club's status quo and I'm just saying I literally can't stand the ideals shared by you and those that agree with you. Its nonsensical. You forebode the pitfalls of such a mentality but want it anyway. Its damaging. That's obvious. Ultimately if you were given the reins to run the club in some parallel Universe I'm saying you'd destroy it. Do whats needed to get up as quickly as possible but longevity an after thought.

I agree that your approach may get us up quicker, and I definitely share your frustration in our failure to do so thus far but I don't see how it all helps the club Derby County in forging a genuinely successful future. I'm saying the style of football we've adopted and the type of player we now recruit along with a shared culture throughout all levels of the club are steps towards such a future. To unravel that now to get up is detrimental to those positive changes, and I as a fan don't want it.

25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The players we have playing in the formation you love have proven themselves incapable of that, yes. Somethings gotta give.

What formation do I love?

Which players are incapable of getting us up?

Who would you buy to replace them, and what formation would you play?...to get us up.

3 minutes ago, utisbug said:

What formation do I love?

Which players are incapable of getting us up?

Who would you buy to replace them, and what formation would you play?...to get us up.

4-3-3. The group that we put out but don't stick with. 1-2 real impact players but sell first. One that plays to our midfield strength and encourages direct attacking play.

31 minutes ago, utisbug said:

8 minutes ago, utisbug said:

Look its your prerogative. Obviously, you're a fan, and it's not my place to say you aint. You clearly took issue with my post and disagree with my views on the club's status quo and I'm just saying I literally can't stand the ideals shared by you and those that agree with you. Its nonsensical. You forebode the pitfalls of such a mentality but want it anyway. Its damaging. That's obvious. Ultimately if you were given the reins to run the club in some parallel Universe I'm saying you'd destroy it. Do whats needed to get up as quickly as possible but longevity an after thought.

I agree that your approach may get us up quicker, and I definitely share your frustration in our failure to do so thus far but I don't see how it all helps the club Derby County in forging a genuinely successful future. I'm saying the style of football we've adopted and the type of player we now recruit along with a shared culture throughout all levels of the club are steps towards such a future. To unravel that now to get up is detrimental to those positive changes, and I as a fan don't want it.

Who talks like that haha - seriously.

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

I don't like the person I've become tbh. But jesus, something needs to be done - from Clement last season, it's been pretty dire. I think we just need to swallow a bit of our lets play pretty football  and have a bit more of a fecking lets get it done mentality.

We all slagged Burnley off for their football but thre're in the prem this season.  What do we want?  We might have to sell our soul to the devil and play crap footie for a while.  I'm in. 

Is that a typo? Do you mean you don't like the Pearson you've become? Maybe we're gonna need more than one NP

Pearson hands are clearly tied by FFP rules, & I believe we've not been told the whole truth in this regard by Mel & Sam. I'm sure Pearson was told this when approached for the job, but I think even he looked at the squad & thought I can surely do something here. Well he's learning fast that what he's got isn't quite what he thought. You can spend as much as you like on players, but if their not the right type or blend for a TEAM then your throwing your money away. 

But its a fact four different Managers over what is it just over 14 months has done us no favours whatsoever Mel.

5 hours ago, MrsRam said:

We all slagged Burnley off for their football but thre're in the prem this season.  What do we want?  We might have to sell our soul to the devil and play crap footie for a while.  I'm in. 

Not everyone slags off Burnley to be fair. They are very effective at what they do. Some though, myself included, would not want to be paying £500 a year to watch the brand of football they play.

Yes they are in the Premier League now but due to the perception of the club, they fail to make any big signings and come May they will probably be back in The Championship.

Agree entirely utisburg.

Crazy gamble when we should have at least had one go at upgrading the 2014 team first. 

Never did it. 

Sacked Clement so Wassall could bring back the 2014 side and we could build on it... and then we hire another bloke that pulls it further away.

People keep saying "it failed for 3 years"

You keep giving them explanations and they just repeat the same phrase. It's this year's "Mel doesn't want promotion"

Boring keep trying to initiate a conversation on it when you keep hitting the same phrase reply. 

We need to just repeat..

"no it didn't fail for 3 years" and nothing more

Yet again yesterday though, these same players people want to tweak the team with all let us down. After all this **** begging for Hughes to play when he came on I never heard his name mentioned, he did nothing. Cyrus and Fozzy sounded terrible. We've got some serious psychological issues here, Pearson said so post match. It's going to take time. If we need to sell 2 big players and replace them then I can't say I'd object.

We've had a few managers now, same issues repeating every time and it isn't the ability of the players.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Yet again yesterday though, these same players people want to tweak the team with all let us down. After all this **** begging for Hughes to play when he came on I never heard his name mentioned, he did nothing. Cyrus and Fozzy sounded terrible. We've got some serious psychological issues here, Pearson said so post match. It's going to take time. If we need to sell 2 big players and replace them then I can't say I'd object.

We've had a few managers now, same issues repeating every time and it isn't the ability of the players.

Physiological issues such as Bryson playing in the Hughes role and Hughes playing in some sort of failed-abortion of a role.

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Even if all the players were psychologically right we would still have had nobody to win headers against their centre backs or run on to the balls lumped aimlessly down towards their corner flags.

I am more interested in what Pearson has to say about our style of football rather than listen to him being a psychologist to be honest.

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree entirely utisburg.

Crazy gamble when we should have at least had one go at upgrading the 2014 team first. 

Never did it. 

Sacked Clement so Wassall could bring back the 2014 side and we could build on it... and then we hire another bloke that pulls it further away.

People keep saying "it failed for 3 years"

You keep giving them explanations and they just repeat the same phrase. It's this year's "Mel doesn't want promotion"

Boring keep trying to initiate a conversation on it when you keep hitting the same phrase reply. 

We need to just repeat..

"no it didn't fail for 3 years" and nothing more

I know what your saying alpha. I agree. But nobody has tweaked it like you know it needs tweaking. I don't know why that is as its so bloody obvious.  maybe Pearson knows what he's doing. Only time will tell. 

Pretty football? I don't know if anyone watched most of last season, but we weren't playing pretty football for most of it. In fact we haven't be doing it since the second half of Macs second season. We fail with even the basics now - closing down, crossing, making forward runs etc. 

Personally I think it is time we tried something new after some of the crap I've had to watch for the past 1.5 seasons and preferably with a few new players as well. Unless he spends some money on a new DM our precious 4-3-3 won't work anyway until Thorne isn't injured anymore.

I don't see anything wrong with changing the system to try and find the half dozen extra points we need in a season to cross the line. I don't think that means abandoning pretty football. In the end 442 or 4411 means very little .. Some more width versus a little less depth at the back/middle .. It isn't a huge leap. The one change I have seen (and we saw after Christmas as well ) is the lack of pressing and intent from some players along with a lack of mental resilience when things get tough. I honestly think we get a bit too scientific sometimes when it comes down to formations. I am not saying they aren't important but players with skill who are instinctive, up for it and play as a team, can make a lot more difference than getting fixated on a set up. 

Archived