Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Stand by what I believe.... Martin will sign for them if they go up. Wouldn't blame him at all 

I wouldn't blame him but not convinced they'd want him. As I said they don't hardly play to him.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I wouldn't blame him but not convinced they'd want him. As I said they don't hardly play to him.

I think they're wanting to otherwise what use starting him. Manager has a devious plan maybe 

Reading just had a man booked for time wasting 40 minutes into the first half of a 2 leg game at 0-0. 

Harsh? No. Refs had enough, been at it all half, can go to a commercial when Reading have a throw in

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Well that escalated quickly! You get ya money's worth in Germany! 

That graphic sort-of gives the impression that Bayern scored 4 goals in the last 10 minutes - they didn't. Leipzig made it 4-2 half way through the second half and it stayed that way until Lewandowski scored 6 minutes before the end of normal time. The Bundesliga coverage we saw in the pub on Dutch TV this afternoon was quite bewildering - they were covering all 9 matches simultaneously with snippets of live coverage and the goals as soon as they went in, and as well as the RB Leipzig v Bayern goal-fest, Mainz beat Eintracht 4-2 and Hoffenheim won 5-3 at Werder Bremen.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not really as they didn't win it. Chelsea won the PL at a canter in 2014/15, with many suggesting they would go the entire season unbeaten around November time. They won it with four games to go.

Barca finished on 76 points that season. Chelsea won the PL with 87,

Since Barca last won the league before Pep arrived, the only survivng players with Puyol, Xavi, Eto'o, Iniesta and Messi, with the latter two squad players back in 2006.

Conte's current Chelsea side features all the same players who won it in 2014/15 bar Petr Cech. 

So if La Liga decided league positions on goal difference before head to head meaning would have won the league it could have been classed as a fair comparison but because they finished 2nd it isn't :huh: ok then.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

So if La Liga decided league positions on goal difference before head to head meaning would have won the league it could have been classed as a fair comparison but because they finished 2nd it isn't :huh: ok then.

The points accumulated and the playing squad says it isn't a fair comparison at all.

It's a myth Pep took over a winning side. He didn't, he created a winning side.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The points accumulated and the playing squad says it isn't a fair comparison at all.

It's a myth Pep took over a winning side. He didn't, he created a winning side.

Barcelona's finishing position in the last 17 seasons, with Guardiola's seasons highlighted...

The 4 seasons before he took over are hardly failure - you could argue that Rijkaard was the one who actually turned Barcelona around.

15 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I reckon your right SKRam, will also be Huddersfield or Wednesday that will be the winners of the playoffs this year too. 

Have a sneaking suspicion that it will be HTFC ?

I wish either of them the best Ted! Can't decide who I'll be cheering for tomorrow. Perhaps when/if a player attempts some cheating manoeuvre I'll be swayed t'other way. I think it's a Yorkshire promotion this year.... Hey with the added bonus of upsetting Nasty Leeds too. Get in!! 

Just now, eddie said:

Barcelona's finishing position in the last 17 seasons, with Guardiola's seasons highlighted...

The 4 seasons before he took over are hardly failure - you could argue that Rijkaard was the one who actually turned Barcelona around.

Season when they finished sixth they must have had a team of 42 carat muppets 

Archived