Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Riggott made his debut in 2000.

I guess in that case you could add Jordan Stewart for Leicester. I wouldn't include Malcom Christie, in the same way I wouldn't include Damien Delaney either for Leicester.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Ian Evatt has a perfectly good case, played a season with QPR in the championship, a few good years with Blackpool including their season in the Prem.

Yeah he has a good case. Had at least five years as a regular in the top two tiers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/26/2016 at 17:23, Bris Vegas said:

I think there are three teams definitely worse than them.

Swansea and Hull look like they'll end up going down. Still feel Burnley will join them once they run out of home games as they won't pick up more than five points on the road all season.

Burnley only have 9 home games left and with the more established sides to play in Spurs, Chelsea, Man United, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and West Ham among them they'll soon drop into the bottom three.

Done better than I imagined so far though.

How wrong you were:)) 7 points on the road with one to play and NEVER in the Bottom 3 this season.

3 hours ago, Grantona said:

How wrong you were:)) 7 points on the road with one to play and NEVER in the Bottom 3 this season.

Was hardly that wrong. You're up there with the worst ever PL teams on the road.

A few lucky home wins have bailed you out. Great effort though and a great achievement.

I can't see you staying up next season. Newcastle will be fine, while you'd expect Palace and Swansea to improve.

You should wish for Fulham to stay down as they would do well in the PL too I reckon. Hope for Huddersfield or Reading to join you

Well nearly everyone was predicting us to go down this season and we are staying up.....and we'll definitely strengthen in the summer with the massive fee we will get for Keane.

Tarkowski is a ready-made replacement for Keane - maybe a bit quicker with better passing ability.

Maybe we did have "some luck" at home but what about the "bad luck" away - we deserved points at Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, probably Spurs and DEFINITELY Everton.

And we were "cheated" out of draws by referees against Arsenal both home and away.

I agree that Fulham might do very well if they go up but either Sheff Wed or Huddersfield would struggle like Middlesbrough to achieve 30 points.

9 hours ago, Grantona said:

Well nearly everyone was predicting us to go down this season and we are staying up.....and we'll definitely strengthen in the summer with the massive fee we will get for Keane.

Tarkowski is a ready-made replacement for Keane - maybe a bit quicker with better passing ability.

Maybe we did have "some luck" at home but what about the "bad luck" away - we deserved points at Liverpool, West Ham, Watford, probably Spurs and DEFINITELY Everton.

And we were "cheated" out of draws by referees against Arsenal both home and away.

I agree that Fulham might do very well if they go up but either Sheff Wed or Huddersfield would struggle like Middlesbrough to achieve 30 points.

Burnley have benefited from other teams underperforming and Sunderland still being in the league.

Next season I can't see Palace struggling with Allardyce. Swansea with Clement will be better. Bournemouth, West Brom, Leicester, Newcastle and Stoke will all be fine.

It helps when teams have mediocre managers or go through numerous changes, but that won't happen next season.

I think the three you can only hope to finish above are Brighton, one of the playoff teams and Watford who look like they could struggle.

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Burnley have benefited from other teams underperforming and Sunderland still being in the league.

Next season I can't see Palace struggling with Allardyce. Swansea with Clement will be better. Bournemouth, West Brom, Leicester, Newcastle and Stoke will all be fine.

It helps when teams have mediocre managers or go through numerous changes, but that won't happen next season.

I think the three you can only hope to finish above are Brighton, one of the playoff teams and Watford who look like they could struggle.

Bit unfair to assume Burnley won't match the improvement of the others you mention in their second season, credit where it's due, great management to stay in the PL with the smallest budget to do so.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Bit unfair to assume Burnley won't match the improvement of the others you mention in their second season, credit where it's due, great management to stay in the PL with the smallest budget to do so.

I'm starting to miss Dyche's weekly "What with the money everyone else has and I don't its amazing we won/lost/drew" said no one. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm starting to miss Dyche's weekly "What with the money everyone else has and I don't its amazing we won/lost/drew" said no one. 

MOTD gave up on those soundbites pre-Xmas, they've settled into that last/2nd last slot that indicates you're safe/boring. 

Not a bad place to be in your 1st season up.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

They may improve their squad, but they're already behind a few teams down there who have since changed manager and sorted themselves out.

If you were to name three likely teams to go down next season now - who would they be?

Burnley are going to have to rely on a West Ham or Stoke crumbling next season but I can't see that.

Watford are the only ones down there I can see steuggling. With every other team I see improvement.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

They may improve their squad, but they're already behind a few teams down there who have since changed manager and sorted themselves out.

If you were to name three likely teams to go down next season now - who would they be?

Burnley are going to have to rely on a West Ham or Stoke crumbling next season but I can't see that.

Watford are the only ones down there I can see steuggling. With every other team I see improvement.

Didn't you write exactly the same last year Bris?

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Didn't you write exactly the same last year Bris?

I tipped Burnley to go down, yes.

However, with Palace and Swansea underchieving, Hull and Boro not being good enough and Sunderland around the situation fell kind for Burnley.

Of course they still had to go out and win their games, but they've taken 16 points off Hull, Boro, S'Land and Palace this season.

Palace will improve, and Newcastle are better than the three coming down. 

I just think it's going to be tougher for them next season.

I bet Burnley to be best promoted team, so I'm happy. Just surprised how Leeds didn't stay in top 6, it was my second bigger bet. Third one, Hull to be last at December happened too, thanks to Sunderland's win at last possible round.

I'll do these again next season,hefty profit with 2/3 correct.

11 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Juventus v Real Madrid Champions League Final. 

The Madrid Derby was interesting - until Isco killed it off.

Archived