Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Burke did nothing very much, but he's young, over hyped and I think his first start, so I won't be harsh on him.

Crossing was hopeless, tempo was rubbish, creativity nil, and Lithuania wanted it more.

Lost battles all over the pitch, especially in 

Next time your down the ipro give me a shout and ill buy you a beer to chew the fat over the national team. 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Annoys me too. I cringed when he said that Sturridge is the best finisher in the game when minutes earlier he said Sturridge's finishing is rusty after not playing much. Oh and by the way English fans are the best in the world according to him as you wouldn't see a crowd this big in Europe. It's totally not because Wembley is huge and attracts a lot of tourists 

Just got back. England fans did their best at times, was frustrating, pretty dire to be honest considering opposition there were an odd few boos at the final whistle.

Right about tourists, there was plenty in there, funny watching load of Asian tourists behind us mumble to god save the Queen

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

That 2nd half was a load of rubbish from England considering the opposition. Passes going astray, clueless in the final part of the pitch as usual. Clear them all out and start again. Getting sick of these "performances". As for the commentators fawning over these millionaires. Tell it like it is fgs.

Didn't hear the commentators obviously, but that's about my take I was at the end England were attaching 2nd half and crying out for them to get round the 9 man defence down the flanks by running at them and beating a man. Too much trying to pick a pass and work them out of position I.m.o. When they did get a cross in, as you say it was usually misplaced or over hit.

Short changed £145 for my 3 tickets besides other expenses, no sense of entitlement from me, but no wonder fans berate the national team, it's not cheap to watch a performance that seems inept at best, half arsed more accurately.

Rooney is still the best player we have got in playing up top on his own, Sturbridge is a god player however can't play that role as he wanders to much.  

On 08/10/2016 at 22:48, Zag zig said:

Just got back. England fans did their best at times, was frustrating, pretty dire to be honest considering opposition there were an odd few boos at the final whistle.

Right about tourists, there was plenty in there, funny watching load of Asian tourists behind us mumble to god save the Queen

Didn't hear the commentators obviously, but that's about my take I was at the end England were attaching 2nd half and crying out for them to get round the 9 man defence down the flanks by running at them and beating a man. Too much trying to pick a pass and work them out of position I.m.o. When they did get a cross in, as you say it was usually misplaced or over hit.

Short changed £145 for my 3 tickets besides other expenses, no sense of entitlement from me, but no wonder fans berate the national team, it's not cheap to watch a performance that seems inept at best, half arsed more accurately.

FA giving Scotland 13500 tickets, about 5k more than expected. Should make for a decent atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

England's forward players are just terrible.

Sturridge is flash and greedy; Lingard getting a game because of the club he plays for and Theo Walcott, what can you say?

Static. Waiting for something to happen.

Just bad.

Well the defence is no better. good job hart has found some form

Archived