1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Derby v Brighton £36

Top 6 clash from last season

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Fulham v Newcastle £30

Birmingham v Cardiff £25

Blackburn v Norwich £27

Bristol City v Wigan £24

Huddersfield v Brentford £20 (they jumpy to £30 for their Cat A Games out of interest)

Ipswich v Barnsley £32.50

Forest v Burton £26

Reading v Preston £25 (£28 without a membership card, but a member card costs £2!)

Rotherham v Wolves £25

In order:

Rarely fill their ground

As above

As above

Poor fixture

As above

As above

Both reasons so far listed

Poor fixture

As above

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a better pricing structure than this. It was annoying that some tickets were dirt cheap last season undercutting the price of the season ticket holder.  I understand that getting people through the gates will sometimes lead to people getting a season ticket (it's what happened to me, although personal circumstances played a part). 

IMO that is too steep. Some people can only go infrequently due to jobs, personal circumstances etc so it has to be cheap enough to bother. They need a happy medium with tiered pricing dependant on games attended. So it's on par with a season ticket for first say 5 games then a premium is paid so it makes it worth getting a season ticket if attending X amount of games,

£39 is a bit step for the villa game. The fa cup against  man utd was £40 which you expect to pay. Think derby need to review the pricing of games. Lot of supporters  live outside of derby and it's expensive enough getting to the ipro.

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Top 6 clash from last season

In order:

Rarely fill their ground

As above

As above

Poor fixture

As above

As above

Both reasons so far listed

Poor fixture

As above

I think this is irrelevant. Its not about ground capacity (Bristol City had a higher fill % than us, we were second but note 4000 empty seats per game) or quality of fixture. Its about affordability of a fan to attend a football game.

I'm not hiding away from the fact that any football club is a business that needs to generate income. In the Championship, ticket sales probably apportion for 35-45% of that income whereas this will drop to 5% in the Premier League. Therefore Derby County are trying to maximise revenue from ticket sales.

However, that's my whole argument - I know DCFC work on a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) on revenue per seat on average. I'm sure they have models which maximise output and optimise prices. If they work this way I really hope they take the following into consideration:

- Additional revenue on match day activities and more importantly, the additional atmosphere a full(er) house can bring and therefore motivate the team on the pitch to win.

However, the whole crux of the argument is that prices this high will only alienate supporters and frustrate people. As someone has said, families simply cannot afford it, tomorrow's supporters are not found because their parents cannot afford to take them and it simply puts the club in a bad light.

Its just ever so sad. I'd sooner the club looks after all fans, lowers prices, increases attendances and walks away with slightly less revenue generated. Of course someone has to foot that bill (or cut costs) but Mel has shown he will splash the cash on players, why not splash a little bit of money on subsidising ticket prices?

While I agree that the prices are too steep my wife and I have been priced out of the games for the most of last season and looks like all this season, You have to take in to perspective what the clubs spending,  when you start spending 25million on players + wages and all the investment in the academy that cost has to be passed on somewhere, which is us the customer. 

we are then as customers left with a decision can we justify the purchase or not?

I unfortunately can not :(

Radio Derby for me.

Match tickets look to be more than last season.

As for train tickets. Split the journey up. I travel from south Oxfordshire. Ticket normally £65. Split it up it £45. Same trains. Just difficult to book train seats but makes a big difference. Leaves me more beer money!

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think this is irrelevant. Its not about ground capacity (Bristol City had a higher fill % than us, we were second but note 4000 empty seats per game) or quality of fixture. Its about affordability of a fan to attend a football game.

That's entirely your prerogative... It's not true... But you can ignore it if you like...

I would LOVE for clubs to act in the best interests of fans a little more often... But unfortunately the FA capitulated on their role as the protectors of the game for the fans ages ago now (read "The Beautiful Game: In search of the soul of football" great read)...

Now it's down to simple supply and demand... We have a fairly high demand for tickets for fixtures such as Brighton and especially the Villa game as I'm sure their away support won't mind the 45 min drive... It's sad but that's the truth of it these days...

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I'm not hiding away from the fact that any football club is a business that needs to generate income. In the Championship, ticket sales probably apportion for 35-45% of that income whereas this will drop to 5% in the Premier League. Therefore Derby County are trying to maximise revenue from ticket sales.

Its just ever so sad. I'd sooner the club looks after all fans, lowers prices, increases attendances and walks away with slightly less revenue generated. Of course someone has to foot that bill (or cut costs) but Mel has shown he will splash the cash on players, why not splash a little bit of money on subsidising ticket prices?

I would imagine part of it at least is due to FFP... Ticket sales are a revenue which can be allocated against that and if Uncle Mel subsidises it then that's a big FFP hole... The options at that point are sell players or drop prices... 

I'm a season ticket holder and sympathise greatly with those that aren't looking at those prices. 

I don't have any great depth of knowledge regarding FFP, and would be happy for others to correct me, but it seems you guys may (literally) be paying the price for our huge (by Championship standards) outlay last season. At least to some extent.

Maybe the club gambled we'd be up, it didn't come off, and are now seeking to at least partially redress the balance through higher ticket prices. That's before we get to the inflated transfer fees and wages caused by the new TV deal and the pressure to compete in the current market. A potent mix.

As others have said, unfortunately, it seems to be the way the game has gone.

I feel for all of you!

C'mon Mel, good game to promote whatever Ale is to be sold at the IPro this season at this game by doing a Free Cold Drink deal this time, and as the majority of the crowd will have been out since lunch time on the ale, we are all bound to be starving, so make it a "Free Pint & Pie" game, and everyone's a winner!

"Reggae Reggae Sauce in the Concourse!"...and we'll all put the music back into the food, with a good old sing song!

"Super, Super Mel, gave us a pie and he's on the bell"........go on Mel, you know you want too!

Bloke on minimum wage taking Wife and two kids to game will have to work nearly two full days to purchase just tickets for a game.

When did going to a football game  become a have not in life..... Football shouldn't be a "treat" or a "birthday present"......

Enjoy your Ferrari Mel...... Enjoy your 4x4 Sam. 

Live in a complete bubble footballers/directors/chairman..... Bit like politicians. 

Wonder if any hangers on to footballers will moan about the free tickets they receive? ??

@cheron85

I think we are agreeing in the first bit - My line about it being irrelevant was that it is irrelevant in the point I'm making that the club is fleecing/hurting their fans with the prices they are charging.

The argument you're putting back to me is more based around commercials and facts and the level of opposition which is valid.

FFP - Yes but I'd suggest the transfer activity from last season is largely based around a plan that see's us in the Premiership within the three year period.

I was going to go to this match as I'm up Derby way, helping another parent driving my son and friends to Alton Towers for a birthday party.

Entry into Alton Towers for the day, the water park and a meal is coming to about £30. That's a full day from 8am to 6pm.

I'm not going to a Derby game and paying near £40 for 90 minutes.

I might as well be an attendee at the birthday party for less!!!

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

This will probably be my last season, as a ST holder. Unless we get promoted, in which case I might, just might, do one more. With the way the one off match prices are heading, I doubt I'll be at the ipro much after that. 

I feel exactly the same way. After 23 years as a ST holder, even at ST prices they are going up. I think the early bird deal and post early bird deal were £100 difference in price, I would be surprised if the £100 post early bird deal price increase wasn't the early bird deal price next season! I have a 6 week old daughter and time constraints will no doubt interfere too. I have been lucky that my parents have been given me a ST as a birthday present for years now. If I had to pay for it myself, I think I would have stopped by now. If you consider we are on tv home and away at least about 6-10 times (if doing well a lot more) a season, plus, there are also the odd streamed games... I think I could live with that. Judging from individual prices I doubt I would even consider paying the price they are now.

Just for complete transparency - I forgot the Sunday games:

Derby v Brighton £36

Fulham v Newcastle £30

Birmingham v Cardiff £25

Blackburn v Norwich £27

Bristol City v Wigan £24

Huddersfield v Brentford £20 (they jumpy to £30 for their Cat A Games out of interest)

Ipswich v Barnsley £32.50

Forest v Burton £26

Reading v Preston £25 (£28 without a membership card, but a member card costs £2!)

Rotherham v Wolves £25

QPR v Leeds £29

Sheff Wed v Aston Villa £42

Archived