Sheffield United v Derby County

AmericanRam

4 pre season games with 3 of them won and some of our fans are pressing the panic button already.... :lol:

Its all about getting game time and finding the right balance, it may take a while before we see it click as well, god help the wrist slashers.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And fortunately for us all, EHR told us he had a bath on page 9 and thankfully for us all Cam didn't post it earlier on page 3.

And even more fortunately we don't yet have scratch n sniff facilities for us to all enjoy the ambience of @coneheadjohnin the stand with his meat and tater ensemble from page 12. 

As much as I like Johnson's presence and power. I think you need a good footballer in that sitting position and he isn't that gifted technically.

I'd definitely give Hendrick the nod, but it's whether he turns up or not. I'd like to see Hughes and Hendrick tested against Kayal and Stephens. It'll be a fantastic challenge for them to prove themselves. We know both are great players on the ball, Hughes being exceptional, but it's off the ball they need to work. Hendrick needs to learn to stay in the game at all times. If he looks at how Thorne plays, sees why he gets over a 100 touches a game when your average joe gets only 40(ish) then it could see him progress to the next level. 

19 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Ince will be deadly this season playing that position.

Ps. any footage of the Hughes trick second half? Highlight of the game 

Witch position did Ince play?......Ghoulkeeper!

Pick a card, any card........is your card the ace of spades?.......I thought so!

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well it is true it has took him long enough

next time you do a rally call for all us Rams to united as one and get behind the team does that exclude Blackman and Baird?

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Of course includes them i just dont rate them.

Do you not think it's too soon to judge Blackman as he's had a hand full of appearances. I agree with what you said about paying to much for him, but he's here now.

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

As much as I like Johnson's presence and power. I think you need a good footballer in that sitting position and he isn't that gifted technically.

I'd definitely give Hendrick the nod, but it's whether he turns up or not. I'd like to see Hughes and Hendrick tested against Kayal and Stephens. It'll be a fantastic challenge for them to prove themselves. We know both are great players on the ball, Hughes being exceptional, but it's off the ball they need to work. Hendrick needs to learn to stay in the game at all times. If he looks at how Thorne plays, sees why he gets over a 100 touches a game when your average joe gets only 40(ish) then it could see him progress to the next level. 

Stephens is suspended for the opening game buddy

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I'm a bit worried we will undercooked come the 6th August we do not seem to have played many games

The SSN chap, in between yawning, said that utd "looked fitter".

At least in first half. Difficult one to judge. Quite a few folks on here have commented on how fit the players appear relative to last season. 

Was anyone else really impressed with Blackman's penalty? One of the best penalty's I've seen in a long time lol 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

The SSN chap, in between yawning, said that utd "looked fitter".

At least in first half. Difficult one to judge. Quite a few folks on here have commented on how fit the players appear relative to last season. 

I don't think anyone looked unfit (except maybe Christie who looked a bit sluggish to me), I just think there was a lack of sharpness. Our lads out-muscled and out-ran the utd players almost entirely.

Archived