Sheffield United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the front 6 isn't broadly in place by Christmas, then I'll be concerned.

We've had two or three meaningful friendlies. He's still looking at different formations and personnel in different areas.

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

So this was expected to be close to our first xi and wasn't materially changed at half time to give them maximum playing time together. 

We have what, one more friendly against karlsruhe and it sounds as though the front 6 are not cemented as yet.

Concerned? 

Nigel's brother Neil was trying his hardest at half time to change the first xi's clobber, he was cutting cloth and all sorts, and trying to get them to wear John Travollta cream suits for the sound half, and to get the lads on the dancefloor, but nobody was having it.

And if the front 6 are cemented before we play Brighton, and Bradley doesn't think this team will be playing, well we better give Matlock Town a bell, or all get our big hammers out, oh and Andy Carroll isn't that concerned either!

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

So this was expected to be close to our first xi and wasn't materially changed at half time to give them maximum playing time together. 

We have what, one more friendly against karlsruhe and it sounds as though the front 6 are not cemented as yet.

Concerned? 

a bit concerned that reports have it we dominated possession without creating chances, and that sounds eerily like a clement like event zzz. for the game v Brighton, i hope NP shows something new and fresh, and mixes up the formation and the players. i guess his first proper bash at an A team will be the one he fields at Karlsruher.

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Nigel's brother Neil was trying his hardest at half time to change the first xi's clobber, he was cutting cloth and all sorts, and trying to get them to wear John Travollta cream suits for the sound half, and to get the lads on the dancefloor, but nobody was having it.

And if the front 6 are cemented before we play Brighton, and Bradley doesn't think this team will be playing, well we better give Matlock Town a bell, or all get our big hammers out, oh and Andy Carroll isn't that concerned either!

I like it,  but I don't understand a word.....:lol:

I much preferred Hendrick in that holding midfield role last night to Johnson tonight.

I can see Bryson instead of Butters.

Ince and Blackman both looked ok,my utd mates rated those 2 and Christie as our best players.

I thought Utd were dirty bleeders,throwing the elbows in and was it just us or did that stand smell like old school stink bombs?

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

a bit concerned that reports have it we dominated possession without creating chances, and that sounds eerily like a clement like event zzz. for the game v Brighton, i hope NP shows something new and fresh, and mixes up the formation and the players. i guess his first proper bash at an A team will be the one he fields at Karlsruher.

I had to rely on SSN who stated we were second best in the first half,  and then weren't gone to at all in the second half.

I guess NPs decision for karlsruhe is whether any of yesterday's team should feature in the xi. 

I'm trying to get a sense of whether we are gelling yet, bearing in mind these are all last seasons players (so assume that they started with some understanding of each other ).

We've got a tough start. Need to hit the ground running to build confidence. Can we?

Am I sounding like @curtains?

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I much preferred Hendrick in that holding midfield role last night to Johnson tonight.

Ince and Blackman both looked ok,my utd mates rated those 2 and Christie as our best players.

I thought Utd were dirty bleeders,throwing the elbows in and was it just us or did that stand smell like old school stink bombs?

No.....not throwing the elbows into the mix, can't be doing with that pish!

Look Forest and Wolves flags down the front for all that Elbow pish!

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That'll be all them meat and tater pies.....

27 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Final he scores a goal about time but i heard he took off chris martin.

Jesus, change the record mate your boring.

Archived