Benfica vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

Not really Benfica's strongest team but you're right, the experience will do them good

Well no but its first team players, even if not their XI. Just saying Derby have more players in their squad today that wont see any minutes this season than Benfica do. 

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

3 goals conceded by Grant. Didn't someone predict that earlier in this thread?

I did :D 

Being right never gets old.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

The only thing I'm taking from this game is that our kit isn't that nice.

I like it. Away kit's *****.

So there it is. Benfica 4-0 Derby. Benfica a joy to watch, unsurprising attribute of a Champions League team. Derby lacking cohesion and sharpness, unsurprising attribute of a different team each half mixed with first teamers, youths and players who just shouldn't be with us (if we're frank).

Only Pearson will know how useful that was to him, but I'm inclined to agree with others in this thread who've suggested this is what Pearson wanted from this game.

In the first half I think Elsnik (ELSNIK HYPE), Blackman and Carson impressed (as much as any Derby player could) while Buxton and Bent disappointed (the former more so, and as @McLovin points out he would have been sent off in a competitive game).

In the second half all the plaudits have to go to Benfica although a special mention does have to be made for Chris Martin who managed to have the entire Benfica support booing him after 30 minutes of playing in a friendly. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

So there it is. Benfica 4-0 Derby. Benfica a joy to watch, unsurprising attribute of a Champions League team. Derby lacking cohesion and sharpness, unsurprising attribute of a different team each half mixed with first teamers, youths and players who just shouldn't be with us (if we're frank).

Only Pearson will know how useful that was to him, but I'm inclined to agree with others in this thread who've suggested this is what Pearson wanted from this game.

In the first half I think Elsnik (ELSNIK HYPE), Blackman and Carson impressed (as much as any Derby player could) while Buxton and Bent disappointed (the former more so, and as @McLovin points out he would have been sent off in a competitive game).

In the second half all the plaudits have to go to Benfica although a special mention does have to be made for Chris Martin who managed to have the entire Benfica support booing him after 30 minutes of playing in a friendly. 

Would add Rawson to the impressive list. Hughes is too good for that list.

Just now, rynny said:

Would add Rawson to the impressive list. Hughes is too good for that list.

That's fair. I didn't see any point in talking about Hughes. We all know what he is and what he brings to the table. 

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Bloody ell what's going on? First time out against Benfica sack them now before it's too late. How are we losing to teams like that? What was our possession like? We need some new blood!!!

By playing against them. 

Archived