France v Greaseballs

froggg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm officially floating my idea here first. 

Tired of boring games ending in penalties?  Sick of staying up through a turgid extra time only to feel that you must stay up another half hour through boring penalties as well?

How about golden penalties? 

It's like the golden goal idea that didn't really work as both teams went ultra defensive. 

The first team to score a penalty wins, and we all can go to bed moaning about how crap the game was.

I am so sick of hearing about ******* Ronaldo. The commentators can't even go two minutes without mentioning him when he isn't on the pitch. Portugal are awful. They've been awful all tournament and will likely somehow fluke the win. Imagine starting every game with your only ambition being to get to penalties. Pathetic.

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Cagey game which has been typical of this borefest tournament  the worst that I remember in my lifetime by a long stretch.

22 out of 51 matches goaless at half time.

Zzzzzzzzz

Ronaldo being carried off in tears the highlight.

Was always in danger of being pooh when you likely don't need to win to go through. 

The fact that a finalist didn't win in 90 mins until the semi final (?) sums up the football

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Seemingly a lot of anti Portugal feeling here,  but for me France have been utter plop tonight as well. 

They haven't been great and should've had this wrapped up. They have forced 7 saves from the Portuguese 'keeper and hit the post. Portugal on the other hand have nearly scored with a miss hit cross and 1 set piece. There's also the fact that France have at least tried to play football in this tournament and have scored some of the best goals. Portugal have fluked their way to the final by playing dour football. They are also cheating *****. As I write this Moutinho is trying to get a French player sent off by pretending he got kicked in the head.

I'd like to congratulate Michele Platini on his wonderful idea of expanding the tournament to 24 teams in order to squeeze votes out of the smaller UEFA members, ensuring that the group games are almost completely pointless and allowing teams who aren't capable of winning a game to progress to the knock out round. You reap what you sow Michele.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'd like to congratulate Michele Platini on his wonderful idea of expanding the tournament to 24 teams in order to squeeze votes out of the smaller UEFA members, ensuring that the group games are almost completely pointless and allowing teams who aren't capable of winning a game to progress to the knock out round. You reap what you sow Michele.

Careful what we wish for. The way the world cup got out of this situation was to expand again to 32 teams.

Maybe there's hope for the sweaty''s yet....

Archived