France v Greaseballs

froggg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're continuing this format in to the 2020 Euros apparently. So you can still win 0 games in the groups and finish 3rd but still win the tournament. Fair play to Portugal, I'd have accepted England winning in that manner, but it does show the system up as being a bit ****. But if UEFA want to carry on with it then whatever, we'll just have to put up with national teams playing for draws to scrape through in 3rd again for a while.

Worst tournament I've ever watched personally, dunno about everyone else.

Portugal 7 matches 1 win... European Champions.. The football poor, the finishing poor, and the tournament ends with Ronaldo taking his shirt off and doing a Terry.

Overall a very average tournament with a few good games, a few good minnow stories and the odd bit of great play. 

Portugal reminded me so much of Greece. A better version, but non the less to not win a game in normal time, finish third in the group and still win.........

From an England stand point all the pontificating about what we can improve really comes down to having a team plan, a work ethic to match and a determination to carry it through. Whoever the next manager is they need to concentrate on that and the rest will take care of itself. 

I see football snobbery again hits this tournament...... "Rubbishy tournament" "24 teams rubbish"...... MOAN MOAN MOAN. May not have been easy on the eye these Portuguese...... They did the one thing no one else did. Stayed undefeated..... Defended well..... Undefeated in competitive football since manager started in 2014. 5 of last 9 major semi finals..... 

But as ever as long as it looks pretty and it's passed 150 times before ball goes in that should only count. Paul Clement must be laughing..... Winning no matter what. Battle and desire...... 

Portugal are worthy champions...... 

But we will get back to wingeing about half and half scarves and "laughing" at Ronaldo for getting injured and retweeting little handjobs who tweet "payback for 2006" about him, when they were at a age when they still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy.

Think I digressed a bit there.

Vamos! Xxxx

France didn't really turn up. Bet @ramit wished his Iceland could have faced this France rather than the one that ran riot with fast one-touch football.

Sissoku showed them the way but nobody followed. Payet has got worse as the tournament progressed,  Pogba was kept wayyyy too deep and greaseman had an off night. 

Both teams still showed our mob up tho.....

England -

Involved in most if not all of the bad behaviour

Played most ancient type of football for most of it - take half an hour to reach half way line and be surprised that eleven defenders are already there to head or kick it back.

Iceland and Wales are proper football teams, England is not, hello!

Manager is very good at defeating lower teams in qualifiers and hopeless in tournaments.

2020 - see 2016 for details

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

France didn't really turn up. Bet @ramit wished his Iceland could have faced this France rather than the one that ran riot with fast one-touch football.

Sissoku showed them the way but nobody followed. Payet has got worse as the tournament progressed,  Pogba was kept wayyyy too deep and greaseman had an off night. 

Both teams still showed our mob up tho.....

i'm inconsolable right now.  France playing this badly tonight makes their thrashing of us look even worse and to top it off that Ronaldo creature will sleep like a baby tonight and when he wakes up and winks into the mirror as he brushes his pearly whites he'll giggle while checking his messages, I am the best there ever was, I have achieved more than Messi ever will and I didn't even have to play, my autobiography will be awesome, I want a major planet named after me, no an Entire Galaxy, Hahaha, the Universe!

i even hate the moth that landed on his eyebrow, arrrg i can't even feel my face anymore and neither could he

Sour grapes enough?

BTW well done Portugal, Lisbon will be rockin tonight

11 minutes ago, ramit said:

i'm inconsolable right now.  France playing this badly tonight makes their thrashing of us look even worse and to top it off that Ronaldo creature will sleep like a baby tonight and when he wakes up and winks into the mirror as he brushes his pearly whites he'll giggle while checking his messages, I am the best there ever was, I have achieved more than Messi ever will and I didn't even have to play, my autobiography will be awesome, I want a major planet named after me, no an Entire Galaxy, Hahaha, the Universe!

i even hate the moth that landed on his eyebrow, arrrg i can't even feel my face anymore and neither could he

Sour grapes enough?

It's already been done. Cosmos Redshift 7 (CR7).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11683144/Cristiano-Ronaldo-has-a-galaxy-named-after-him.html

38 minutes ago, ramit said:

Sour grapes enough?

Can't begrudge the Portuguese people a decent knees-up. They've had some tough times.

So many nations proud of their teams. Will I ever get to feel that emotion about my England. ...

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can't begrudge the Portuguese people a decent knees-up. They've had some tough times.

So many nations proud of their teams. Will I ever get to feel that emotion about my England. ...

Yeah, well done to them, deserved it more than France tonight who at least can console themselves with having held the competition.

Sure you will, eat proper, get enough rest between exercising and you're in with a half chance mate.

Seriously though, i think it's like reverse psychology.  Ever notice how when you desperately don't want something and then you get it?  Or better yet, when you just don't care, yep you get it.  Avoid and yea shall find?  Not bothered and get it handed to you?  Only problem is, once you get it, you will either resent it or can't be bothered.  Forget i mentioned it, it's a no win situation.  Not a chance mate, won't happen

Ronaldo is the exception of course that proves the rule, the *******

Archived