Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

35 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'm sorry but you are an unpleasant person. 

You are free to have an opinion about a player not being good enough yet you're disrespecting a player who has scored winning goals against both Leeds and Forest and who has never failed to give 100%. 

Youre clearly a football hipster wanting an edgy opinion that makes you stand out but actually you've made yourself look like a bit of a bell end. 

Roll on September when school starts again for you.

Brilliant post 

Well said! 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best Jake...... Most on here know I'm not his biggest fan..... And he's proved me wrong time and time again. Think it's best for both parties to move on. We can have all the ifs and buts on what he's done. One thing where there's no ifs or buts. He gave his all whilst in this shirt. 

Enjoy the rest of your career Jake, make sure you're holding our attackers in the box when you play us ?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure what is better in that clip, the 2 classic Keogh moments that summed him up back then or the football genius on display from Jake.

Yes, Keogh's free kick made me chuckle.

Walking back ten steps for a long run-up, all the while surveying his options .... followed by blasting the ball at arse height into the attacker just yards away. Golden memories.

Once I've got over the fact he joined someone else other than NC, (which has still gutted me, I can't believe NC wouldn't have had him top of his list of signings) I'll quickly get back to loving Jake as I always did since his Burton days and will probably go to watch him a couple of times this season outside of the obvious games.

Proper bloke, heart of a lion and how I'd love all footballers to be. How I'd want my lad to be if he was a footballer.

Much better player than some are giving him credit for (and yes I'd have Sammy at the top of that list)

Brilliant signing for Wigan, head and shoulders above Warnock in terms of importance to their side this season.

I remember when Jake first started playing for the first team (if I remember correctly he was signed for the 'development squad' along with Ben Pringle) he seemed like a capable if limited defender. Nigel Clough often talked about centre halves needing to 'head it and kick it'. Jake did this, and very well, but he didn't exactly catch the eye.

When Nigel left, I thought that there was a big change in Jake's game. Suddenly he seemed to be able to pass the ball with ease. To me, for that first season under McClaren, Buxton looked like a very fine player. Some of his long passing was breathtaking and his skill on the ball actually gave us extra momentum. He's always had weakness in his inability to turn quickly, but he's usually made up for that with his lionhearted attitude. It's a shame that injuries have taken there toll on Jake. I really hope he does well Wigan - if he actually goes, and it does seem to be taking a long while to sort out.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I remember when Jake first started playing for the first team (if I remember correctly he was signed for the 'development squad along with Ben Pringle) he seemed like a capable if limited defender. Nigel Clough often talked about centre halves needing to 'head it and kick it'. Jake did this, and very well, but he didn't exactly catch the eye.

When Nigel left, I thought that there was a big change in Jake's game. Suddenly he seemed to be able to pass the ball with ease. To me, for that first season under McClaren, Buxton looked like a very fine player. Some of his long passing was breathtaking and his skill on the ball actually gave us extra momentum. He's always had weakness in his inability to turn quickly, but he's usually made up for that with his lionhearted attitude. It's a shame that injuries have taken there toll on Jake. I really hope he does well Wigan - if he actually goes, and it does seem to be taking a long while to sort out.

Yeah. I think the important thing to take from your post is that McClaren is clearly a far better coach than Clough.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I remember when Jake first started playing for the first team (if I remember correctly he was signed for the 'development squad along with Ben Pringle) he seemed like a capable if limited defender. Nigel Clough often talked about centre halves needing to 'head it and kick it'. Jake did this, and very well, but he didn't exactly catch the eye.

What he said.

Archived