French police **** up again.

davenportram

Well i saw a interview from england fan saying they were having a drink and then he heard a bang and then at least 100 russien fans start attacking the general public siting eatihg a meal and then saw them started attacking women and children so him and his friends did something about to

Try and push them back to give people chance to get away.

Were the police then makes my blood boil with range.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Sounds like you had an interesting trip to say the least. 

I am pretty sure I said on here when the draw was announced from experience not to go anywhere near Marseille...it is a dump of a place, don't let the "old port" area con you, it is just where all the prostitues and thieves are, such a shame because the area around the city is beautiful. 

Are you going to Lens.? We went in 98, it was an awesome time, great little city that was also on a "alcohol ban" when we were there, but all this meant was that you couldn't buy beer without food, so all the English (and I expect this to happen again) were just sitting outside bars with a plate of spag Bol and 10 pints each.

Expect you're right on the "alcohol ban" front. And you may well have said that about Marseille - because it has a reputation I was genuinely surprised as it seemed a lot prettier and more historic than I'd expected. In the two decades I've lied in London I feel it's been transformed. Maybe it's the same, or maybe because it was an excellent trip (despite the tear gas!) I saw it through rose-tinted goggles. There were some amazing boats in the harbour, all with Cayman Island (George Town) registrations. Reminded me of St Katherine's Docks!

My post was having arrived back in Blighty. Train from Marseille just after 9am through to St Pancras before 3.30. Nice way to travel. Just had the radio on and they sounded pretty worried about what will happen between the fans in the game againt Wales in Lens.

I know football's about rivalries but I want both Irish teams to do well because they have Rams playing and being mixed up in my British bloodline I do qualify for both England and Wales (though I'm beginning to realize neither's likely to come calling) so I'd be happy for both to do well. We stopped in a bar near the stadium to watch the Wales game and most of the English fans were ambivalent and interested in the game, but a minority seemed to really hate them! It's going to be an interesting few days.

All of which makes me much less hard-core England than most in Marseille. Of course it's my country and I'm a massive fan, but it's always been club before country for me and England just doesn't have the same intensity as supporting Derby.

4 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

I see the apologists for English hooliganism have come from under their stones. Nothing changes,when violence happens it generally involves drunken,racist English thugs,who always blame everybody else for picking on them. I think everbody else now have had enough of it. Finally EUFA have threatened to boot us out if it happens again,about  time too.

Couldn't agree more. All of them fans running away from the Russian attacks were probably running to the pub so they could get drunk and launch their own attack, spitting at black people on the way. In fact they were probably so drunk that they thought they were throwing bananas instead of bottles.

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Because the papers and TV media think all football fans are scum and get everything they deserve. You, me and everyone on this site are scum and every copper who ever attended policing a game is a hero for risking their lives against our disgusting behaviour.

We all lap up the media when we think it confirms our own hate, but get all upset when we are painted as the villians.

I know plenty of people who will be up in arms about what it been said about english fans, but will happily trot out the same old bigotry and lies they read each day.

It's thanks to this free press that we have ended up with a eu 'debate' that defies rational logic or sense (remember when Farage was laughable moron...now his views have become legitimised). And why the us could vote in an open racist as president.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

It seems that there is a real risk of England v Russia part 2 in the next round of games. They play in lille which is where the majority of English fans are expected to stay for the game in nearby lens. 

maybe the French police will accept the extra help offered by our police. And maybe they wont let large groups of known hooligans wander the streets

20 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

I see the apologists for English hooliganism have come from under their stones. Nothing changes,when violence happens it generally involves drunken,racist English thugs,who always blame everybody else for picking on them. I think everbody else now have had enough of it. Finally EUFA have threatened to boot us out if it happens again,about  time too.

I see the French prosecutors are also 'English hooligan apologists' after concluding the trouble was caused by 150 Russian hooligans.

I look forward to your response, unless you have crawled under one of the rocks vacated by us apologists of course.

20 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Totally agree with your comments,you can spot them a mile away,stripped to the waist,shaven heads,lager cans in hand ready to use as a missile,our benefit boys "doing us proud",why arent they at home working,hope the goverment stops all of their benefits,let them put their aggression to breaking rocks

One observation from my ivory tower would be that it seems we should appreciate just how well policing in England has become.

Without wanting to make sweeping ill informed statements, I think a lot of the blame needs to rest with the scheduling, planning and policing.

I don't think all England fans are entirely without fault, but it seems clear the Russian"ultras" were organised with the premeditated objective of causing violence and instigating the trouble. Apparently with weapons in some cases.

Not good and an awful lot of unfortunate people caught up in it.

As for the stadium, inexcusable segregation and 100% England fans being attacked.

Genuinely appalling.

It's not Wales v England I fear for, it's run ins between Russian fans and England fans in Lille. There might be one or two have a mind on "revenge".

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see the French prosecutors are also 'English hooligan apologists' after concluding the trouble was caused by 150 Russian hooligans.

I look forward to your response, unless you have crawled under one of the rocks vacated by us apologists of course.

I head out on Wednesday,maybe he could give me a good talking to before I go and shame our country by being a bit boisterous.

A bloke my dad knows has come back early. described it as "like a f****** warzone".. he took his lad with him as well, who spent most of the time wanting to come home. The media haven't been showing us the mayhem over there, its a free for all, heard muslims are riding round on mopeds throwing petrol bombs, also heard you can walk into a shop or pub and rob them without fear of police. its chaos over there and you have to feel for the law abiding French.

21 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Totally agree with your comments,you can spot them a mile away,stripped to the waist,shaven heads,lager cans in hand ready to use as a missile,our benefit boys "doing us proud",why arent they at home working,hope the goverment stops all of their benefits,let them put their aggression to breaking rocks

Stop generalising. Football fans get it enough from everyone else.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

DLF are the ones associated with Derby, I assume?

Yep, didn't even know they still existed about from old lads meeting up etc

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

A bloke my dad knows has come back early. described it as "like a f****** warzone".. he took his lad with him as well, who spent most of the time wanting to come home. The media haven't been showing us the mayhem over there, its a free for all, heard muslims are riding round on mopeds throwing petrol bombs, also heard you can walk into a shop or pub and rob them without fear of police. its chaos over there and you have to feel for the law abiding French.

That sounds like complete bullpoop.

Your dad doesn't know any blokes.

5 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Load of rubbish. 

Muslims throwing petrol bombs from mopeds..? How does he know they are Muslim just from glancing at a guy on a moped with a crash helmet on..? 

I would say it is comments and attitudes like that which are causing a lot more more trouble around the world than a few dozen football hooligans stealing each other's flags. 

Archived