Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All so easy in hindsight isn't it.

Go back 14 months and if most of us were offered Johnson & Butterfield in exchange for Hendrick I imagine most of us would gladly have accepted. In context £6m & £4m no longer look ridiculous fees.

Similarly Ince too looks "cheap" with a track record in this country that's far better than Kodjia.

22 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Well I'm very quickly coming to the conclusion that getting promoted this season will be even more than difficult than I thought it would be at the end of last season. In fact it will be virtually impossible based on what the relegated big hitters are spending this summer. It only confirms to any Championship team who just missed out on promotion to the Prem in recent seasons that they will truly suffer the consequences. The big Prem money is now a killer for the rest

But we fight on of course. COYR!!!!! 

Meh. 

They're splashing the cash but are they building a team?

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

All so easy in hindsight isn't it.

Go back 14 months and if most of us were offered Johnson & Butterfield in exchange for Hendrick I imagine most of us would gladly have accepted. In context £6m & £4m no longer look ridiculous fees.

Similarly Ince too looks "cheap" with a track record in this country that's far better than Kodjia.

Ince would be over £10m in this climate. Easily.

As you say, Butterfield looks a good buy at £4m too, Johnson still probably worth a little less than £6m even just looking at his Norwich form before us but generally I agree with you.

We've by no means been ripped off on any signing.

Even Weimann would be £4-5m in this climate. Sub £3m is a League 1 and below fee now. 

Don't see a single Bristol City fan who seems to be unhappy about this, which personally I find pretty telling.

Even when the money's great fans are rarely happy/nonplussed when a really great player (of that team) moves.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

As you say, Butterfield looks a good buy at £4m too, Johnson still probably worth a little less than £6m even just looking at his Norwich form before us but generally I agree with you.

Even Weimann would be £4-5m in this climate. Sub £3m is a League 1 and below fee now. 

Yeah, we keep hearing about "wasting" £25m like it's a massive figure even in the crazy world of football.

The reality is £25m gets you Hendrick & Kodjia!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Don't see a single Bristol City fan who seems to be unhappy about this, which personally I find pretty telling.

Even when the money's great fans are rarely happy/nonplussed when a really great player (of that team) moves.

I've seen and heard quite a few comments about Kodjia, that he has a poor footballing brain, is always getting caught offside, is very greedy and despite his height he struggled in the air.

43 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

This entire window has been a joke. Missed out on so many targets. Mel needs to take a look at himself. 

Missed out on targets? Did you get that from the same "source" that Keogh wasn't signing a new contract and leaving us and was being a **** in negotiations?

23 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Even Weimann £4-5m in this climate ?. Blimey the world of football really has gone mad.

Glad we didn't get him for that price. It's less of a gamble for Villa, they have their relegation money. He's going to have to be very good indeed to retain that sort of value. If we bought him and failed to go up we could have been right in the ****. I reckon we'll still buy a player for a fee similar to Vydra, maybe a couple million more, but not £15mil.

6 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Even Weimann £4-5m in this climate ?. Blimey the world of football really has gone mad.

weimann will be good under Pearson, I can wait for Weimann and camara on the wings. ?genuine pace and direction unlike ince who has pace over 2 yards. 

Archived