James & De Laet - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hiltonram said:

I hope who ever comes in replaces christie and is not back up.

I hope whoever comes in for whatever position comes in as replacement and not backup. No team will ever advance buying only backup or future potential players. As Arthur Cox said, " the day I sign a player I start looking for his replacement!". Buy prospects by all means, but surely you should always be looking to improve the team. If you sign someone better than a player you've already got, then that replaced player becomes backup, what's more one that we know is more than capable 

3 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

why?

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

I hope whoever comes in for whatever position comes in as replacement and not backup. No team will ever advance buying only backup or future potential players. As Arthur Cox said, " the day I sign a player I start looking for his replacement!". Buy prospects by all means, but surely you should always be looking to improve the team. If you sign someone better than a player you've already got, then that replaced player becomes backup, what's more one that we know is more than capable 

Thats why

• 4 weeks later...

De Laet has been left out of the Leicester squad for their pre season tour of the USA and Ranieri has told him to find a new club. If we are still interested I can see this deal being finalised this week.Sheffield Wednesday are also interested.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Marty James not with Leicester squad in California due to "illness"

Heard Derby have a miracle cure that they've kindly offered to Leicester to make him all better. All they ask in return is get matty's autograph on a contract they had lying around 

On 7/1/2016 at 08:16, McLovin said:

I'd like us to get De Laet. We have competition at left back with Olsson and Forsyth competing for the same spot so I think it's appropriate to have competition at right back too. Competition will prevent slackness. It's important not to forget that the new rules means that we wouldn't be able to sign a loan player during the season if Christie gets injured so I can see a lot of clubs running with bloated squads. 

Baird was supposed to be able to cover at right back. Perhaps they will sign de Laet and move Baird on.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cymru said:

getting a bit worryied now all the players we are linked with are been picked up by another club what going on are we near the FFP is this it

Why are you panicking about another club picking up a goodish right back instead of us? He's hardly Dani Alves is he?

I can't believe how many people get upset about us not signing players we are linked with. Pearson has said we will only sign players that will improve on those already here. I don't think De Laet would be a huge improvement.

Just enjoy the ride!

Archived