James & De Laet - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A loan move would make sense as he has been out injured most of the year, so if true it would be a loan view to a perm.

The Twitter account doesn't seem the most reliabe though.

that fl72 account? ive seen it floating around before and i don't trust it as much as i do other accounts

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Twitter sources claiming James is close to a 1 year loan deal, anyone ITK? 

This is the typical modus operandum of Nigel Pearson. Then if it works, he buys them, Also known as basic common sense. Saves the parent club wages. If the player is brilliant, he can go somewhere better. You know it makes sense.It is the Pearson Way.

Would be interesting if de laet was to come in as first choice. Cryus was fairly consistent last year and came on a lot from the season before. Maybe it's just competition, I'd be happy with either playing. 

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

This is the typical modus operandum of Nigel Pearson. Then if it works, he buys them, Also known as basic common sense. Saves the parent club wages. If the player is brilliant, he can go somewhere better. You know it makes sense.It is the Pearson Way.

Completely agree, you need balance between loans and signings but last year was complete madness, we should of signed a couple and used the loan market like we have in past seasons. 

I'd like us to get De Laet. We have competition at left back with Olsson and Forsyth competing for the same spot so I think it's appropriate to have competition at right back too. Competition will prevent slackness. It's important not to forget that the new rules means that we wouldn't be able to sign a loan player during the season if Christie gets injured so I can see a lot of clubs running with bloated squads. 

On 5/31/2016 at 11:16, Rampage said:

This is the season for the sure foundation of speculation built on speculation. We all want real transfer information but most of us will settle for pure speculation as second best in the meantime. :).

Imagine if we started doing what Tottenham do with full backs, one week Christie and Forsyth, next week De Laet and Olsson

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

De Laet is of genuine interest. Pearson obviously likes him. I think that one will happen 

If we sell/released baird and it's almost a certainty that shotton goes, leaving hanson as the only rb to cover. As long as leicester aren't charging stupid prices for him then it could be a masterstroke. 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

If we sell/released baird and it's almost a certainty that shotton goes, leaving hanson as the only rb to cover. As long as leicester aren't charging stupid prices for him then it could be a masterstroke. 

Shotton went yesterday...

I think its wise to have 2 for every position given the limitations on loans but de Laet offers a bit of versatility too, so we could effectively lose another centre half from the squad knowing he and Forsyth could cover. That also breeds an interesting thought about the ability to switch to 3 at the back mid game using those 2 on either side, or cover more effectively if the other goes forward.

All this aside I'd like an old fashioned defend first right back as well, possibly as Christie's back up/alternate. There will be wingers/forwards who will be able to exploit the defensive side of his and de Laet's game and a near like for like swap probably won't be able to stop the problem.

Archived