James & De Laet - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

23 hours ago, Rampage said:

Would be bad for Football if the top three players at Leicester are gobbled up by the money clubs. £120,000 a week is a big temptation from Arsenal so Leicester will be tempted to tip £100,000 a week for Vardy and eventually risk going bust in a few years at a far bigger level than clubs used to do so. More boom now means more drastic crashes for some clubs in future.Similar problem with Koeman at Southampton going to Everton. Burnley have £60 million to spend on players. They are all playing poker for bigger chips which may need to be paid back at some point.

Not a problem for Leicester - they have no qualms in screwing over their creditors and starting again...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could do a lot worse than de Laet. Always looked quality whenever I've seen him play and he's torn us a new one (then again most Leicester players have done that against us). 

If true it'd be interesting to see how he fits in with Christie.

From some Leicester thingy - on 20 Jun 2016 

We conceded 2 goals a game when De Laet started last season. We simply must buy a new RB. God forbid he plays against a good champions league team. And Schlupp too at left back.

One thing last season has taught us is that full backs are there to defend first and foremost. If they can offer an attacking threat then that's brilliant but we need them to be rock solid in a back four primarily.

Conceding two goals a game with De Laet & Schlupp is unsustainable as they weren't contributing that much more offensively than Fuchs and Simpson to justify it.

De Laet is a square peg in a round hole at Leicester as he's just not good enough defensively, he has to go.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

We could do a lot worse than de Laet. Always looked quality whenever I've seen him play and he's torn us a new one (then again most Leicester players have done that against us). 

If true it'd be interesting to see how he fits in with Christie.

I remember when they beat us 4-0 at there place and de Laet was fantastic that night . 

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Quality work, Anag

You're too kind.

I think we need puns to get us through the many leadership battles taking place in the next few months.

Pardew to take the Labour leadership, Corbyn to switch to Tory PM and Boris to get the England job.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

You're too kind.

I think we need puns to get us through the many leadership battles taking place in the next few months.

Pardew to take the Labour leadership, Corbyn to switch to Tory PM and Boris to get the England job.

That's an improvement on the current set up

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

You're too kind.

Great minds think alike.

Not 1st of July until tomorrow, so the window isnt open yet.  I have a feeling we are operating almost a 1 in 1 out (if that).

I would imagine we will have spoken to the players we want to sign already, De Laat and Kodjia being two of them, terms probably agreed and just a case of the clubs doing the deals.

It was widely known that Shackell, Ince and Pearce had been for talks way before us mere mortals knew about the deals being confirmed.

Archived