Jobs that don't need to exist

Stive Pesley

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I know you're joking, but it's a brilliant way to build someone up that's hit rock bottom..... It's an amazing thing

Yes, I was. No offence. It's just that there is a perception among some of the population that it's a back-door means of 'employment' for imigrants to obtain benefits.

There was a great guy in Exeter who obviously had a sense of humour. He used to have one of those newsagents sandwich boards reading 'Big Issue. Please form an orderly queue.'

33 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yes, I was. No offence. It's just that there is a perception among some of the population that it's a back-door means of 'employment' for imigrants to obtain benefits.

There was a great guy in Exeter who obviously had a sense of humour. He used to have one of those newsagents sandwich boards reading 'Big Issue. Please form an orderly queue.'

Agree with you..... Usually by media "columnists" and others in a political bubble who are quite happy to look down through their nose at others who "don't" fit into society. 

For me the most interesting aspect of the article was the bit where he points out that as a human race we should really have evolved to the stage where we all work as little as possible for the maximum reward. The construct of the 5 day week is engrained but not necessarily optimum. And surely we should all ultimately be in favour of getting that down to a four day week so we have more leisure time. Yet we dont. And that creates pointless jobs like dog walkers who do the jobs we don't have time to do because we're all busy doing other jobs that don't need to exist

Come on humans - we can do better than this!

Sith Happens

A bug bear of mine, but litter pickers should not be needed. Or those people who have to clean chewing gum off streets, clean graffiti off walls.

All as a result of people giving no thought for anyone else, or mindless vandilism. Get people doing community service to do it.

It's an interesting article and very thoughtful.

I think it misses one point and that is the human need to want to have just a little bit more than the guy next door .. So somehow we find a way to do it. The clever ones need Troops to help them achieve their aim and so they also get a bit of extra. 

of course there are those who either aren't up to the BS or would much rather do nothing.

The other thing is job protection tactics that have gone on since time immemorial .. Ancient guilds and crafts and then the Victorian clerks with their arcane language, then trade unions with division of labour, teaching with its jargon. All sound tactics designed to protect our individual bits of "extra" these are things beyond formal learning of hard fact and good practice which we all desire. 

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Football managers. Players should just watch their fans forums and pick the line up from there.

Now that would be interesting... who has the best fans?!

Ebbsfleet?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

A bug bear of mine, but litter pickers should not be needed. Or those people who have to clean chewing gum off streets, clean graffiti off walls.

All as a result of people giving no thought for anyone else, or mindless vandilism. Get people doing community service to do it.

People who do community service do it, seen them other week whilst I was on a run

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

People who do community service do it, seen them other week whilst I was on a run

Good, I would give anyone found guilty of any of those offences 1000 hours

I always think qualified people who do research for the government or major companies and I mean the stupid research shouldn't exist.

"Scientists find that *insert common trend* leads to *awful circumstance*" yet upon reading the report one will find that there are no basis to their thesis and they are in fact adding 2 and 2 and getting 5

I will try and find an article like this but my mind has gone blank... 

You get the idea though

7 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

I always think qualified people who do research for the government or major companies and I mean the stupid research shouldn't exist.

"Scientists find that *insert common trend* leads to *awful circumstance*" yet upon reading the report one will find that there are no basis to their thesis and they are in fact adding 2 and 2 and getting 5

I will try and find an article like this but my mind has gone blank... 

You get the idea though

Daily Mail ... Roughly speaking .. Every other Wednesday .... aspirin and red wine will extend your life and every other Friday they will kill you or ruin your sex life. The same applies to statins, beer, and jogging

Archived