Not over yet lads and lasses

Mick Harford

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it's far from over! If we get an early goal them anythings possible. We've absolutely destroyed this lot before amd who's to say with the right spirit, the belief from the players and the support from the fans that we can't go and turn this tie around get to Wembley and beat Wednesday in the final. I think it's time Derby is due some luck COYR

1 minute ago, Edinburgh ram said:

I believe it's far from over! If we get an early goal them anythings possible. We've absolutely destroyed this lot before amd who's to say with the right spirit, the belief from the players and the support from the fans that we can't go and turn this tie around get to Wembley and beat Wednesday in the final. I think it's time Derby is due some luck COYR

I am with you on this - feeling a little down now but if it could be 1-0 after 30 mins or even at half time i would be starting to believe.

The playoffs do produce some unbelievable situations.

Just now, Dethorn said:

I am with you on this - feeling a little down now but if it could be 1-0 after 30 mins or even at half time i would be starting to believe.

The playoffs do produce some unbelievable situations.

Exactly, it's a tough ask but anything is possible 

Whatever happens I think we need 2 goals by half-time. If we can get 2 in first 20 minutes then we will be well up for it, and Hull may **** themselves and crumble.

However after Saturday I don't harbour much hope of this side being able to put up any sort of fight but I'd love them to prove me wrong.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Whatever happens I think we need 2 goals by half-time. If we can get 2 in first 20 minutes then we will be well up for it, and Hull may **** themselves and crumble.

However after Saturday I don't harbour much hope of this side being able to put up any sort of fight but I'd love them to prove me wrong.

We'll need to have grown a pair since Saturday and re-discovered where our backbone is....

Then, anything is possible....

Just imagine the look on "Fatboy" Bruce's face, if we did...?!!! :o

4 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

We'll need to have grown a pair since Saturday and re-discovered where our backbone is....

Then, anything is possible....

Just imagine the look on "Fatboy" Bruce's face, if we did...?!!! :o

The only positive is we should have 0 pressure on us now. We may actually be able to forward or have a shot without being scared shitless.

If we don't score within the first 20 mins the fat lady will be sipping lemon & honey and starting her warm ups.

I'd be inclined to match 4-4-2, but that would mean playing two wide men capable to beating a man and getting a decent cross in...  Enter Razza!!!

2 hours ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Dont want to **** on anyones bonfire but i have 2 factors.

Hull have lost 1 game all season, dont expect them to loose another with so much at steak.

2nd point when derby besat them twice they werent at it. if you watch the hightlights thorne had a field day and they were chasing shadows all game. They were 10-20% below par as a team, which in football is how you get these apparent great peformances from one team over another.

We saw what the real Hull team packed full or international and premiership experienced players can do when they sit in and play like their season is at stake.

As the adage goes you cant win the tie in the first leg but you can lose it.

A good derby performance tonight might get a credible draw or a hard fought win, but there is 0 chance of a 3 goal swing, unless they get serious jitters and play like rabbits caught in the headlights, as we did on saturday.

I expect a better performance tonight, i dont expect us to come close to going through though.

33 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Hull have lost 1 game all season, dont expect them to loose another with so much at steak.

2nd point when derby besat them twice they werent at it. if you watch the hightlights thorne had a field day and they were chasing shadows all game. They were 10-20% below par as a team, which in football is how you get these apparent great peformances from one team over another.

We saw what the real Hull team packed full or international and premiership experienced players can do when they sit in and play like their season is at stake.

A good derby performance tonight might get a credible draw or a hard fought win, but there is 0 chance of a 3 goal swing, unless they get serious jitters and play like rabbits caught in the headlights, as we did on saturday.

I expect a better performance tonight, i dont expect us to come close to going through though.

Why is it that when we win the other team haven't played well, rather than that we have played well?

36 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Hull have lost 1 game all season*, dont expect them to loose another with so much at steak.

A good derby performance tonight might get a credible draw or a hard fought win, but there is 0 chance of a 3 goal swing, unless they get serious jitters** and play like rabbits caught in the headlights, as we did on saturday.

*One game at home. And who were they playing in that game?

**They got serious jitters when we beat them 4-0, and their fans will not be happy one bit if we go there and put them to the sword. 

I am perfectly aware it's unlikely. But if you're all so bloody convinced that it's over already, I don't know why you're bothering to debate about the game at all. Just go the pub, have a pint and when you get home we'll dissect the game for you, regardless of result.

#Istanhull starting to get a head of steam on twitter. Hell of a story if we do it, only real answer to the criticism of character. Probably won't though. :lol:

Archived