Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And, of course, loads more potential moves are discussed then can ever go through. A signing not happening after being linked doesn't mean the link wasn't there at one point. 

Exactly. Last time Evans was with as, he had 10 players scouted for every position. That's 110 players to be linked, not many of those led to to signing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And, of course, loads more potential moves are discussed then can ever go through. A signing not happening after being linked doesn't mean the link wasn't there at one point. 

Exactly the point I was trying to make but you made it sound a lot easier to understand    :lol:

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Things can change rapidly behind the scenes as I stated before. They're not allowed to lie as they would be at risk of false advertising. They may exaggerate stories but I highly doubt they lie and make stories up.

They don't lie outright - they say things like "Breaking news... it is believed that .... Our sources indicate that..."

Bringing in a Sky Sports journalist to emphasise a point is pretty silly. Someone worked out the percentage of these 'inside stories' and rumours a couple of years ago - and Sky Sports scored a staggering 0%.

As for not making stories up, I give you exhibit A...

3DR-Solo-Crop2.jpg

9 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

That's interesting.Is he definitely for sale?

Don't know mate but WBA are looking for quality and Gestede isn't the one. 

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 22:50, coneheadjohn said:

That's interesting.Is he definitely for sale?

Middlesbrough are closing in on Gestede but deal not done yet. 

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Not sure where to put this but apparently from inside the Derby camp Bryson is going out on loan in January and Burton Albion is a possible destination. Can't see it but thought I'd share.

I suspected as much, he's past it now- no real use anymore and isn't good enough to provide any serious competition to butterfield. I would suggest that this means a deal for Lansbury is clos

28 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Good. He adds nothing to the team. No goal threat, no decent passing. Little bit of workrate that's it. We need quality and Lansbury fits the bill

One of the most ridiculous posts for a long time- and believe me, that's saying something!

3 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

some terribly disrespectful stuff re bryson.  still a very good player at this level imo.

and has been an utterly loyal player who has been excellent for this club.

deserves to be treated better by some on here.

Agree, still important to us, especially as hughes seems to get booked regularly. Actually still think bryson is part of out best midfield, unfortunately injuries have prevented him being at his best, so he is only getting cameos at the moment. I am sure when the time comes he will be back in the team.

Archived