Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm a season ticket holder in the north stand but sat in the west stand for the Wigan game and trust me there's some real moaners in there, I was getting so wound up , made me appreciate my seat in the north stand a lot more . 

You should sit where I sit, Jesus Christ that woman's negative!!! Think I will move next season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

As this is a Nixon thread............what is he saying at the moment??????

He wants to be loved by Derby fans, so "Booooooo"

;)

7 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

As this is a Nixon thread............what is he saying at the moment??????

Tonight he's still saying Brighton are keen on Johnny Russell, but that it will take a good offer. He doesn't think Fulham will let us bring Martin back. And that he can't see how the (would-be new) Gump owners could sell Lansbury to us, but we have clearly been encouraged to bid. He says we want a striker and midfielder but may have to switch targets.

That's it as far as I can see, which makes me think he knows very little indeed because it seems pretty clear Martin will be back within the next few days. Full marks to him though if he ends up calling Russell as that's a bit left field.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tonight he's still saying Brighton are keen on Johnny Russell, but that it will take a good offer. He doesn't think Fulham will let us bring Martin back. And that he can't see how the (would-be new) Gump owners could sell Lansbury to us, but we have clearly been encouraged to bid. He says we want a striker and midfielder but may have to switch targets.

That's it as far as I can see, which makes me think he knows very little indeed because it seems pretty clear Martin will be back within the next few days. Full marks to him though if he ends up calling Russell as that's a bit left field.

Thanks Carl and Animal 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Brighton top of the league want our left sided winger Russell again in another transfer window which actually highlights that he is one of our best players and the championships best players why can't all the Rams fans see this, if we had a creative balanced midfield and a centre forward who plays to the type we need things would look a lot different.

5 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Anything over 2.5 million for Russell I'd give him a piggy back to Brighton myself. Lots of endeavour little end product. 

Compare with the £4.5 million we have paid for anya does that look like a good deal? I don't think so.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They can have him for Knockaert if they like... *cough cough* 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Compare with the £4.5 million we have paid for anya does that look like a good deal? I don't think so.

Yes but so more fool us for paying that. It doesn't mean other clubs are also going to be so cavalier about splashing cash on average players.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

They can have him for Knockaert if they like... *cough cough* 

I know what you mean, and they paid next to nothing for him but they are looking for someone to play down the left side and I can't think of anyone better currently in the championship than Russell 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Yes but so more fool us for paying that. It doesn't mean other clubs are also going to be so cavalier about splashing cash on average players.

I am with you on that but I do think Russell is a lot better than average and so does the Brighton manager

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I am with you on that but I do think Russell is a lot better than average and so does the Brighton manager

Hmmmm I like Russell bags of energy and endeavour 100% commitment just struggles severely to produce any sort of end product or any consistency in my opinion. I grow weary now of the amount of times have seen him take the wrong option when in a good position or screw the ball horribly wide when put through.

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Hmmmm I like Russell bags of energy and endeavour 100% commitment just struggles severely to produce any sort of end product or any consistency in my opinion. I grow weary now of the amount of times have seen him take the wrong option when in a good position or screw the ball horribly wide when put through.

I know, but reality is that they all do that currently ( Ince aside) at least with Russell he doesn't give up and he keeps trying and their are some who simply disappear 

9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

My opinion too, so like his cavalier, high energy style and another big plus is his willingness to track back and defend. We have even seen a few wonder goals but consistency in end product hasn't been there in periods, one of them being now.

If we had a better winger we probably should rest him. If it means him being sold at the right price as a makeweight for a better winger I'd have to go for it, despite liking him.

Id agree that Russell could be 'upgraded' in this transfer window but getting the right fee would be critical - it would have to be around 4/5m for me for it to make any sense. 

On top of that we would have to bring in someone that is actually better - this is the tricky bit as there probably aren't actually that many realistic options?

I like Wildschuts pace and direct running Sako's pace and power could be an option - both of these have been discussed on here already. 

Id agree that Russell could be 'upgraded' in this transfer window but getting the right fee would be critical - it would have to be around 4/5m for me for it to make any sense. 

On top of that we would have to bring in someone that is actually better - this is the tricky bit as there probably aren't actually that many realistic options?

I like Wildschuts pace and direct running Sako's pace and power could be an option - both of these have been discussed on here already. 

Archived