Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wrong. Charlie Wyett's( a sky sports journalist as well) track record is a lot better than Nixon's is

Wrong.  Aston Villa are not in for him and Gestede is agent talk nothing more. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Wrong.  Aston Villa are not in for him and Gestede is agent talk nothing more. 

Wrong, West Brom have been linked with him as an understudy to Rondon(they are like for like). So you sir are wrong. If it was Nixon I'd call be less inclined to believed the story but Wyett is reliable, hence why he appears on sunday supplement on sky sports regularly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2438255/rudy-gestede-set-to-join-west-brom-from-aston-villa-in-7m-deal-in-january/

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wrong, West Brom have been linked with him as an understudy to Rondon(they are like for like). So you sir are wrong. If it was Nixon I'd call be less inclined to believed the story but Wyett is reliable, hence why he appears on sunday supplement on sky sports regularly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2438255/rudy-gestede-set-to-join-west-brom-from-aston-villa-in-7m-deal-in-january/

In what world is Wyett reliable?

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I can see why Villa would move for Hogan, but I can't think for the life of me why West Brom would spend £7m on Gestede. 

It seems like something a Villa fan dreamed up. I do believe Gestede is a striker that scores goals and does a 'job' and I do think he would be a reasonable signing for us, in our current system, but surely he's just a watered down, cheap version of Rondon? It doesn't make much sense. 

Pulis probably wants a like for like backup for Rondon in case he gets injured, which they haven't currently got. They have plenty of quick players to play off rondon like chadli and berahino but no like for like replacement for Rondon. Gestede probably doesn't really mind as he won't have to move house and it's as simple as moving from villa's bench to west brom's.

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

In what world is Wyett reliable?

In what world isn't he? He's a fully qualified, reliable journalist and as I said, Sky Sports wouldn't allow him to appear on their shows if he constantly talked rubbish and made false stories as it would potentially damage their reputation. Stop being pedantic, he wouldn't be allowed to post it if there was no substance to the story. He and a lot of the journalists have many contacts at clubs.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

In what world isn't he? He's a fully qualified, reliable journalist and as I said, Sky Sports wouldn't allow him to appear on their shows if he constantly talked rubbish and made false stories as it would potentially damage their reputation. Stop being pedantic, he wouldn't be allowed to post it if there was no substance to the story. He and a lot of the journalists have many contacts at clubs.

Sky Sports let Guillem Balague on there shows and he is one of the worst journalists around at creating false rumours. 

Let's try and not develop this into a my cock is bigger than your cock conversation, although we all know mine is bigger and better :p If you want to question Wyett's reliability, that's fine, take it up with him on Twitter and I'm sure he will gladly respond and change your mind. Villa may or may not sign Hogan, but Wyett says they are linked so I trust his sources , who most likely know more than any of us. There is nothing to suggest that Wyett is talking BS, he is just given the info from his sources then writes up stories on it. He isn't this elite super agent. The same applies to Nixon, he may be wrong a lot of the time but he just writes up stories based on what his sources tell him. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Sky Sports let Guillem Balague on there shows and he is one of the worst journalists around at creating false rumours. 

Is he? He wouldn't continue to get award after award if he was a poor journalist. Again, he doesn't make up stories for the sake of it, he is just passed on the info from his sources. He may exaggerate the stories but stories are never made up based on a lie. No sources will be able to get everything right 100% as  things can change very quickly behind the scenes in football.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Is he? He wouldn't continue to get award after award if he was a poor journalist. Again, he doesn't make up stories for the sake of it, he is just passed on the info from his sources. He may exaggerate the stories but stories are never made up based on a lie. No sources will be able to get everything right 100% as  things can change very quickly behind the scenes in football.

He said Van Gaal was certain to stay at United for this season, Chelsea were going to sign Higuain, Ronaldo was close to leaving Madrid and Valdes was going to sign for Liverpool. I don't think it is that crazy to think in this age of clickbait that people make up stories for some ad revenue. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He said Van Gaal was certain to stay at United for this season, Chelsea were going to sign Higuain, Ronaldo was close to leaving Madrid and Valdes was going to sign for Liverpool. I don't think it is that crazy to think in this age of clickbait that people make up stories for some ad revenue. 

Things can change rapidly behind the scenes as I stated before. They're not allowed to lie as they would be at risk of false advertising. They may exaggerate stories but I highly doubt they lie and make stories up.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Things can change rapidly behind the scenes as I stated before. They're not allowed to lie as they would be at risk of false advertising. They may exaggerate stories but I highly doubt they lie and make stories up.

You don't think a rag like the Sun lies? Think about that. 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

:lol:

101084-You-really-think-someone-would-HY

24 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You don't think a rag like the Sun lies? Think about that. 

That's a completely different situation and you know it is, calling all sun journalists liars is like calling all muslims terrorists . We are talking about Rudy flipping Gestede on football transfers, I doubt in this particular situation he would be lying. Context is key.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's a completely different situation and you know it is, calling all sun journalists liars is like calling all muslims terrorists . We are talking about Rudy flipping Gestede on football transfers, I doubt in this particular situation he would be lying. Context is key.

I'm just saying it is hardly unheard of for journalists lying so they get some added revenue. Alan Nixon or some other website like HITC is always linking us to players that we never end up signing. Weren't we apparently dead on signing Diego Poyet a few months ago only to find out from Poyet's twitter that he hadn't even been in contact with Derby.

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I'm just saying it is hardly unheard of for journalists lying so they get some added revenue. Alan Nixon or some other website like HITC is always linking us to players that we never end up signing. Weren't we apparently dead on signing Diego Poyet a few months ago only to find out from Poyet's twitter that he hadn't even been in contact with Derby.

They only report what they are told by their sources within the clubs. We have gone way off topic here, the original point was that Wyett reported that Gestede was going to West Brom and Villa have been linked with Hogan to replace him. We can both agree that we would trust fully qualified journalists over what DEL said(that Aston Villa are not in for him because he says so). I'm sure he has more reliability than a journalist.......

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Is he? He wouldn't continue to get award after award if he was a poor journalist.

He gets awards for being a journalist from panels of other journalists...

In this day the word "journalist" is so close to "cockroach" that we have to take pretty much anything that comes from them with a shovel full of salt...

Archived