Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

14 minutes ago, Rams1884 said:

Im no apologist for Johnson and will be happy not to see him in a Rams shirt again as clearly something is not working out. However, I am not surprised he doesn't want to be here with the constant vitriol, booing and abuse he receives!

I am reviewing my position on the fans forum for the same reasons!?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing at all about bids for either players im afraid. 

Watch this space with Bradley Johnson though. 

Good to see you back mate, ignore the haters that's how I've survived this long on this forum :D Interesting comment on Johnson because I've heard on many occasions that he is homesick and wants to go back to Norwich. I found that bemusing though because he isn't even from Norwich :blink:

8 minutes ago, SIWY said:

To be honest if I was subbed and people cheered the fact I was going off the pitch, I'm not sure I'd want to play for this club anymore either. He's definitely a good player but it hasn't worked out for him here, a move is probably the best thing for him.

If it happened to me I'd be on the phone to my agent before full time!! I suspect he'll do well for another club and we will think what might have been, but realistically he wont reach his best here, I think it's time to cut our losses (and his) and move on

Johnson and Hendrick out, Matty James here on loan? Wouldn't be surprised at all. Get 2 players off the bills in a crowded midfield area and bring in a player who knows how to play in Pearson's 4-4-2 in the more defensive role of the midfield 2. This would also allow us to spend of others areas that need strengthening like on the wing. That way we'd have Hughes,Matty James,Bryson and Butterfield for 2 cm spots with Thorne and Hanson coming back when fit. This football malarky isn't that difficult :lol: 

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Good to see you back mate, ignore the haters that's how I've survived this long on this forum :D Interesting comment on Johnson because I've heard on many occasions that he is homesick and wants to go back to Norwich. I found that bemusing though because he isn't even from Norwich :blink:

The only 'hate' I saw was when he (not for the first time) started trying a game of oneupmanship with SDSR. So people took the mickey. 

Well, I'll be disappointed to see him go.

He should be played in the centre midfield position and be allowed to get around the pitch and go bully teams, with freedom to get in the box for crosses.  Like a heavy duty Bryson.  He started like that for us, but then we seemed to try and stop him from picking up cards and work him into a high possession, ball playing midfield.

Therefore, we bought a meat cleaver and people are now complaining because it doesn't do the job of a scalpel.

Poorest control of any member of the squad; worst passer except maybe for Shackell. Looks big and powerful but doesn't bully anyone which I imagine he was brought in to do. The Derby City comment summed up his disinterest in us. I can't imagine misnaming any football club in the country let alone one as well known as ours. We could do with trimming the midfield and of everyone I would prefer to lose BJ because he is least capable of a slick passing, fast paced game that I always thought was Mel's Derby way. If he goes there is more room in the starting 11 for much better players such as Hughes and Butterfield. Sorry it hasn't worked out, Brad, but I hope the rumours are true.

However, if they're not I'll support and cheer him every Saturday and never moan about him during the match. That's what web forums are for and players should know better than to read them!

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Didn't he miss the first day of pre-season because he had a new born kid and he wanted to be with his Missus in Norfolk? Perhaps his family still live there?

That being said, I've seen him in Odeon with what I can only presume to be his kid. 

46 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Thanks for the info Mackworthram. The whole Johnson saga at Derby has been totally mystifying, at least looking in from the outside. 

Player of the season at Norwich, disbelief and joyous amazement when we signed him, a storming first four or five games in a Derby shirt...and then the most precipitous dip in form I can remember!?! To say he became a shadow of his former self just doesn't do it justice! 

Do you know if we are looking to sell him or loan him out at this point?

Either way, hope he finds a happier home if/when he leaves...

I always look back to this article about him.

http://www.thelittleyellowbirdproject.co.uk/articles/2015/9/1/farewell-bradley-johson

He may have been their player of the year but I always get the impression that it was out of sentiment.

I've seen Norwich fans say that the main reason he ended up wide left was simply to "get him out of the way".

Archived