Warnock

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just play him and trigger the clause, have a gentlemans agreement that if we go up we'll mutual terminate his contract with a small pay off as a bonus for helping us out and he's free to join Wigan

or has he signed a pre-contract agreement with Wigan hence why he cant play as it would trigger a clause and be a conflict. Either way im sure we could work something out if we really wanted him to play 

Its just about fair to say he cant quite get up and down the flank as well as Olsson.

But to say he is not good going forward at all does him a disservice, especially when you consider how many assists he has had in a title winning team in league 1.

The only decision to be made was in DWs first week, DW made the decision that he wasnt first choice and wasnt going to be seen as good competiton for the LB spot anymore, so lets respect that decision.

Leave him on the beach, he has deserved it.

Talks of triggering contracts just for 5 mins of madness is stupid. Lets leave him be and thank him for his efforts, he can count himself unlucky hot to have got more starts and minutes while he was at the club, because he is clear quality at this level.

With both Baird and Warnock being on the end of a fair amount of stick this season, some justified and some not, with Bairds missus having verbals on Twitter and both players being sent out on loan and neither player expected to be here next season.....

How many people would be confident of either player putting in 100 percent when asked to play out of desperation?

We need committed players, committed to the cause, I would questions whether either player playing would be wise.

Of course I am sure both players are extremely professional in their conduct.

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Looking at the formation against Barnsley, was Hendrick playing full back?

Who is the cover for Christie?

Who is the cover for Olsson?

What did we gain by letting Baird and Warnock out on loan?

I've seen the players used but not the formation so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. This is what made most sense to me:

1st half (442): Grant; Baird, Rawson, Cover, Macdonald; Weimann, Hendrick, Johnson, Camara; Blackman, Bent

2nd half (442): Grant; Santos, Rawson, Cover, Stabana; Gordon, Guy, Elsnik, Babos; L Thomas, Jakobson

2 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

I've seen the players used but not the formation so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. This is what made most sense to me:

1st half (442): Grant; Baird, Rawson, Cover, Macdonald; Weimann, Hendrick, Johnson, Camara; Blackman, Bent

2nd half (442): Grant; Santos, Rawson, Cover, Stabana; Gordon, Guy, Elsnik, Babos; L Thomas, Jakobson

Makes more sense, 11car100

Find it hard to believe that the reason we wouldn't play him is because of a contract clause. If that's the case, did we happen to just coincidentally have Forsyth's injury at a time where Warnock could play every game up until the last week of the January transfer window, before signing another one?

Would we rather play a player out of position than give a left back who did pretty well for us one more game, even if it possibly meant promotion depending on it? A new contract doesn't mean he would have to stay. We can sell him to Wigan or whoever for £0. It would be the same as him leaving on a free transfer anyway. Judging by his twitter, he seems to be enjoying his time at Wigan more than he does here, and regardless of what league we're in, he isn't going to play. He would leave for a team like Wigan whether he had a contract extension here or not in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Find it hard to believe that the reason we wouldn't play him is because of a contract clause. If that's the case, did we happen to just coincidentally have Forsyth's injury at a time where Warnock could play every game up until the last week of the January transfer window, before signing another one?

Would we rather play a player out of position than give a left back who did pretty well for us one more game, even if it possibly meant promotion depending on it? A new contract doesn't mean he would have to stay. We can sell him to Wigan or whoever for £0. It would be the same as him leaving on a free transfer anyway. Judging by his twitter, he seems to be enjoying his time at Wigan more than he does here, and regardless of what league we're in, he isn't going to play. He would leave for a team like Wigan whether he had a contract extension here or not in my opinion.

Wigan may not be prepared to pay him what he's on now. If we're forced to give him an extension at his current wage we might be stuck paying to loan him out again.

Just now, Anon said:

Wigan may not be prepared to pay him what he's on now. If we're forced to give him an extension at his current wage we might be stuck paying to loan him out again.

He was brought in as cover for Forsyth. In an ideal world he wouldn't have ever played for us bar a few cup appearances. I doubt he's on much.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He was brought in as cover for Forsyth. In an ideal world he wouldn't have ever played for us bar a few cup appearances. I doubt he's on much.

He was starting every week for Leeds and was one of their better players when we signed him. He won't have come here for peanuts.

Just now, Anon said:

He was starting every week for Leeds and was one of their better players when we signed him. He won't have come here for peanuts.

If Olsson got injured in the second leg of the semis, I would be fine with us paying Warnock for another year even if he didn't play one game, just so he can play the final.

Archived