Warnock

Day

6 hours ago, Rampage said:t

What did we gain by letting Baird and Warnock out on loan?

They probably both wanted games. So we gained playing Christie and olsson rather than Warnock and Baird 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a weird one - I think I'd rather £170m and a chance to establish ourselves in the promised land, even if it meant Warnock got a new contract.

Baird has been brought back to cover RB so why not do the same with Warnock?

Playing outside the normal season ie beyond the official end of the season  might be an automatic trigger for a year's extension ?

Warnock was sent out so he could play games in order to increase his chances of getting a contract elsewhere when he leaves us this summer.

Baird was anxious to play because he was hoping to get into the N. Ireland squad for the Euros.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He could well still technically be in loan at Wigan. I imagine the deal would be until the end of season, in case they were in the play off, and there may be no recall option as part of the deal. 

Wigan's season is officially over though, it ends on their last competitive game.

It was an odd loan out at the time. And it's odd that we've recalled Baird and not Warnock. Surprised no one has speculated whether he was one of the 'bag eggs' that needed removing from the squad in the first place, or was part of that behind-the-scenes incident that never happened.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Wigan's season is officially over though, it ends on their last competitive game.

these contracts are til a certain date though, not a game, surely Football Manager cannot be that wrong. :lol: 

Archived