George Thorne

Kernow

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

History is littered with such examples of foul play, indeed one only has to cast his mind back mere minutes when sir richard of keogh commited said rash challenge, yet the master himself chose to donath ones spectacles for just a single occurance.

My dear fellow, I am unable to acertain whether they reply is folly or impudence. For the Keogh attempted a challenge of a sliding nature not a stout block of a gilded volley. Thou mist try harder or face thy peers in shame. 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Yet ones mans attempted block resulteth in the taketh of the man, and not the leather orb.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Yea with his history of breaking bones and all that :huh:

Has a history of being very injury prone though if anyone was going to get injured with our luck it would be him

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

"Ooo play the same team, keep the momentum" the rest of us suggesting make changes all branded idiots and geaorgie boys broke his leg in a nothing game

i get that a broken leg could happen to anyone of our players at anytime but Thorne with his track record would be a player to wrap in cotton wool 

And when would be a good time to send him out?

Which games?  We still had 4th spot to play for. 2nd leg at home. 

Thorne 'with his track record' could have limped off in the opening minute of the 1st leg

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yet ones mans attempted block resulteth in the taketh of the man, and not the leather orb.

I put it to you Sir that you shilly shally like a charlatan. Can thy name ye olde occasion when ye olde attempted block resulteth in ye olde penalty?

13 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Has a history of being very injury prone though if anyone was going to get injured with our luck it would be him

Growing pains

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's on the highlights on ramsplayer, which tend to be 10min rather than 2.

more you see it, worse it gets.

I have to say I admire Thorne for being so magnanimous regarding the challenge. If someone had done me with a high and reckless tackle like that I'd still be fuming, no matter how many painkillers I managed to weedle out of the doctors.

The Ipswich fan who was "disappointed" with Wassall's comments on the challenge can get ******... sideways. Interesting to note that this comes just weeks after Hyam smashed up Alan Judge's leg. It just goes to show that scientists are obviously full of **** because at least one dinosaur survived the mass extinction event.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Ftumbl

58 minutes ago, davenportram said:

The question mark is because I was asking a question in reply to your post. The question mark changes the statement into a question. 

Oh, ok. I have learnt something today. So if I were to say "you are being a complete @rse" and put a '?' after it, that makes it a question rather than a statement. 

P.s. I am obviously not questioning here that you are being a complete @rse.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

You think before you post? Why then start a sentence without a capital and put a question mark at the end of a statement?  Perhaps the delay might have been because before entering the field of play there was a requirement to undertake a risk assessment for landmines?

Another member of the grammar police . 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh, ok. I have learnt something today. So if I were to say "you are a complete @rse" and put a '?' after it, that makes it a question rather than a statement. 

Obviously not because in the spoken word that could not be turned into a question using tone of voice.

"studs up, late, and breaks his leg.. no free kick and no card, it beggers belief"

^

Got to admit I thought we were getting rough deals in the penalty department but, that comment just about sums it up with the refs. 

And didn't Gaston Remirez get a player sent off by showing the ref his leg? maybe GT should have shown his bone hanging out, doubt the ref would have been interested though.

1 hour ago, sage said:

I would disagree. It's an attempted block. Not a tackle. It's a volley which he had to try an block from the side. Thorne's follow through connected shin onto boot. 

attempted block or challenge it was still reckless to the point of dangerous with how close he was to Thorne when he left the floor with studs raised.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

attempted block or challenge it was still reckless to the point of dangerous with how close he was to Thorne when he left the floor with studs raised.

I don't think he left the floor, ie out of control. It was a bouncing ball and the kind of desperate blocks all defenders make many times a season. 

It's just unfortunate, as I have said earlier I cannot recall many penalties given for attempting to block a shot. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think he left the floor, ie out of control. It was a bouncing ball and the kind of desperate blocks all defenders make many times a season. 

It's just unfortunate, as I have said earlier I cannot recall many penalties given for attempting to block a shot. 

I try to look at player and context. This is Mick McCarthy side so for me all benefit of doubt evaporates. 

Very few people thought that it was a foul at the time, but now it's a terrible decision. Such is life with freeze-frame and slow-motion.

I dont get why this has gone to 37 pages tbh. GT hasnt even been that good this season, people are making this injury a bigger deal than it is.

I rated the sheff wed and brighton performances as one of the best this season, and although GT was in the side, I thought he was poor in both them games

hughes has shown he can tackle and read the game, play him in DM, Dont want johnson there as he cant pass for *****.

2 hours ago, sage said:

My dear fellow, I am unable to acertain whether they reply is folly or impudence. For the Keogh attempted a challenge of a sliding nature not a stout block of a gilded volley. Thou mist try harder or face thy peers in shame. 

Good moaning, I am licking for for a bonk.

A bonk for my mini.

Archived