Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Any chance in Steven fletcher? 

I saw that and said meh, but then looked at his starts. Only 29, did pretty well in limited opportunities at Sunderland including 1 in 4 last season. Also Scottish international so may want to link Martin.

26 minutes ago, Rample said:

I saw that and said meh, but then looked at his starts. Only 29, did pretty well in limited opportunities at Sunderland including 1 in 4 last season. Also Scottish international so may want to link Martin.

He might be the sort of player that would complement the squad well. Our problem for the last few years is a lack of similar cover/competition for Martin.

He's the only target man / hold up man we have, the team plays through him and when he isn't performing the team performance usually suffers. Yes we have far too many attackers like Blackman, Bent, Russell, Ince, Weimann, Camara etc, their play is similar to each other, they rely on pace and the link up Martin.

Fletcher would be a much needed back up/direct competition for Martin, the only problem I can see is the wages demanded by him after many years in the Premier League.   

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I liked him but would you have him ahead of Russell, Ince or Weimann? No point getting people for the sake of it...

True, even more so given that we have the likes of Camara and Blackman not really getting a chance...

And I've had a look and he's left footed too! Just like Russell, Ince, Blackman, Camara and Johnson (if you can count him as a winger).

Still rate Kacaniklic but having thought about it we should be going in for a right footed winger if we go in for any. 

A blast from the past, Leon Osman has been released by Everton. 35 years old, but still seems to have the fitness and talent. Would offer the much needed midfield experience that we lacked this year. 1 year contract with a year option, worth trying surely?

14 minutes ago, I8Forest78 said:

Just seen Nick Powell been released from Man Utd,didn't Nigel get him on loan at Leicester?Any takers?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11314422/Manchester-United-FC-news-Leicester-City-rip-up-Nick-Powell-loan-deal-after-exasperating-coaches.html

I'd be very surprised if Pearson gave Nick Powell another chance. 

3 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

He would bag loads in this league!

If you mean Fletcher, he's never scored more a dozen goals in a single Football League season so what makes him likely to score loads in what will be a very competitive Championship?

2 hours ago, I8Forest78 said:

Just seen Nick Powell been released from Man Utd,didn't Nigel get him on loan at Leicester?Any takers?

Don't need another midfielder, let alone one that's been injured for ages/reportedly can't be arsed

Patrick Bamford is available from Chelsea for £10 million. Worth it? I think it might be - he offers goals, and has the pace up front that we want in a two man attack. Similar fee to a player like McCormack with a lot of potential - would love to see him sign for us!

39 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Patrick Bamford is available from Chelsea for £10 million. Worth it? I think it might be - he offers goals, and has the pace up front that we want in a two man attack. Similar fee to a player like McCormack with a lot of potential - would love to see him sign for us!

I like Bamford, as a player . But I certainly don't think he's worth £10 million , of he want at Chelsea there's no way he'd demand that sort of figure and he thinks he's a lot better than he is . 

47 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Failed at Palace in the top flight, failed at Norwich in the top flight.

Might as well sign Cameron Jerome on a free than bring Bamford back.

I'd be interested at £2m tops mind.

Archived