OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Or when the play off final has been played and steve Bruce has finished his season ! Would be interesting if he had got into the premier league if he would still come ?

we shall see.

Think you could be right. Bruce if Hull don't go up. Wassall if they do.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Have you seen where the Dynamo finished this season? Such a move wouldn't generate much excitement in the current climate. Under Coyle Dynamo played too direct and alternated between ineffectual defensive possession and hoofball. He's certainly no magician, that's for sure.

I might be mental but Rudi Garicia has been out of work a while, relatively succesful and a penchant for attacking football. Probably out of our league but with Mel's vision and the Lure of the Prem, if Benitez is happy to manage in the championship who knows ??

Since just about everyone possible and not is being mentioned..

At this point my dream appointment would be Lars Lagerback

Is quitting with the Icelandic national team after Euro finals, claims to be retiring but one can still dream

A tactical supremo, awesome manager

lars9.jpg

28 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Nope. But Coyle to Wigan and Cauldwell to Derby would make some sense.

Pearson or Bruce for me. I don't care about sexy football, just as long as it's not sideways football and we get results. I'll be crying out for sexy football once we're an established Premiership team.

3 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I might be mental but Rudi Garicia has been out of work a while, relatively succesful and a penchant for attacking football. Probably out of our league but with Mel's vision and the Lure of the Prem, if Benitez is happy to manage in the championship who knows ??

Lol no chance! Rudi Garcia's pedigree is far too high for us. Benitez is a different situation because he was already at Newcastle and I imagine that he feels some responsibility for Newcastle getting relegated. In addition Benitez probably realised that no-one else would want him after being a failure in his last 3 full time managerial positioms, Real Madrid, Inter and Napoli.

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

Since just about everyone possible and not is being mentioned..

At this point my dream appointment would be Lars Lagerback

Is quitting with the Icelandic national team after Euro finals, claims to be retiring but one can still dream

A tactical supremo, awesome manager

If we're going for unrealistic dream appointments I can't help but notice that Marcelo Bielsa is currently out of work.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

They won't listen mate. I'm guessing 1st June there will be an announcement that Pearson will be our Manager/head coach and this was all agreed after sacking PC

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't the same be said for Wassall? It would have been announced by now?

No annoucement means Darren is still in charge and as far as Pearson is concerned then he is unemployed. We could have announced without effecting any bonuses but we haven't because he is not the manager Mel wants. 

Also if Mel wanted him then he could have easily paid off any bonuses in Feb. Promotion is worth millions. He didn't because he wants Darren

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

No annoucement means Darren is still in charge and as far as Pearson is concerned then he is unemployed. We could have announced without effecting any bonuses but we haven't because he is not the manager Mel wants. 

Also if Mel wanted him then he could have easily paid off any bonuses in Feb. Promotion is worth millions. He didn't because he wants Darren

Darren is in charge until the end of the season. The season has finished. No announcement means he will not be in charge for next season. Darren as manager next season is the easiest deal to do and would be completed and announced already.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

They won't listen mate. I'm guessing 1st June there will be an announcement that Pearson will be our Manager/head coach and this was all agreed after sacking PC

Certainly hope you're right. This would be my preferred choice.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we did appoint Pearson I would have to wonder why we didn't do it straight after PC leaving. He was available and apparently interested, why wait?

Money. I'm guessing the compensation to Leicester would have been too much for FFP.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we did appoint Pearson I would have to wonder why we didn't do it straight after PC leaving. He was available and apparently interested, why wait?

Probably because he was still hired by Leicester. If I remember correctly he was put on gardening leave by them so was technically still hired by their club until the end of the season

Archived