OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Sherwood 2/1Gary Rowett 3/1Darren Wassall 7/2Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1Neil Warnock 12/1David Moyes 18/1Steve Bruce 18/1

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1Paul Ince 20/1Nigel Pearson 20/1Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1

Harry Redknapp 22/1Garry Monk 25/1Igor Stimac 25/1Paul Lambert 33/1

Ian Holloway 33/1Steve McClaren 33/1Gary Neville 40/1Glenn Hoddle 40/1

Sean Dyche 40/1–––

The thumbnail is good but the interview is classic 

Interviewer: "what do you put that down to, the capulation"

Tim Sherwood "lack of characters, too many being too nice with each other"...

I was gone after that, that was brutal, imagine Tom Ince hearing that :lol: Paul Ince would have a fit 

I don't think we're a laughing stock. I don't think the players we bought have, in the main been anywhere near as poor as people are now making out. All hindsight. 

Blakman and Camera have been disappointing but not really had a run to see what they can do (I'm not hopeful but sometimes signings come off and sometimes they don't). All the others make sense to me and have shown that they can be very good players that can contribute to the squad. I'm perfectly comfortable with our transfer policy and dealings. All signings are risks and its easy to be wise after the event (can't remember too many moans when we signed ince, Johnson, butters, Olson et al and there was and is no reason too). As previously noted, not all signings work out. The most successful manager who has ever lived bought some right stinkers. It happens and there really isn't the need for so much introspection about it.

I have also never understood the obsession with transfer fees. It's not our money so why do we care how much somebody cost? And before people quote FFP at me, well perhaps rather than the endless speculation, perhaps it would be better to wait to see some actual fact on that because until something official comes out of the club then there ain't a ******** problem. Chill.

Can't imagine for a minute that the name of the next manager has anything to do with finances (other than his wages... FFP won't come into it). It will be, like all managerial appointments, be based on a combination of cv, availability, potential (subjective but hey ho), reputation, gut feeling and lots of other things.... And we'll only know if it was the right decision after at least 46 games have taken place ... Or 1 if he loses his first game and the forum melts down. In any event, probably not worth stressing over.

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Realistic chances in bold?

Tim Sherwood 2/1  Gary Rowett 3/1

Darren Wassall 7/2  

Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1  Neil Warnock 12/1  David Moyes 18/1  

Steve Bruce 18/1 - if Sheff Wed go up

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1  Paul Ince 20/1  

Nigel Pearson 20/1  

Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1 if we move very quickly - most expensive? (My favourite)

Harry Redknapp 22/1  Garry Monk 25/1  Igor Stimac 25/1  Paul Lambert 33/1

Ian Holloway 33/1  Steve McClaren 33/1  Gary Neville 40/1  Glenn Hoddle 40/1

Sean Dyche 40/1

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wouldn't say messed up completely, but I'm under the impression we're now restricted somewhat. Sacking Paul Clement was costly, and employing another manager who is currently employed elsewhere will set us back further in terms of compensation, new manager's long-term contract plus potential coaching staff coming too.

Unless the absolute right choice comes along, it makes sense to keep Wassall in charge and use what's remaining in the budget to bring in new players. Wassall, I believe, will know what's missing.

My understanding is that losing Clement was not costly at all.

37 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1Paul Ince 20/1Nigel Pearson 20/1Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1

Sean Dyche 40/1–––

I have to say we have a much better selections than Forest have: 

Steve Evans 5/4  Michel 5/1  Nigel Clough 11/2 are the front runners :lol:

I like the honesty of Tim Sherwood there..and seen/read a few ex-colleagues who've said he is/was a top bloke.

HOWEVER..going overboard on criticism of players in public;  ala Paulo di Canio doesn't seem to work...ask Phil Brown or John Gregory. Just looks like you're shifting the blame and in love with yourself. Sherwood talks in that annoying style like.. 'that didn't look like a Tim Sherwood team'.. when he's never won owt. Deluded.

Maybe Clement didn't cost the club a lot of money to get rid of, especially if there was more to his sacking, who knows?

Rush has said recently that our finances are fine and we are committed to investing including in the playing side going forward, I don't think they are too concerned about FFP, just yet.

I don't get why people are wanting us to sell Johnson. When he first arrived he was immense for us, injuries and a dip in form doesn't suddenly make you a **** player.

With the right manager, who can motivate him and the other inconsistent performers, I think he could be fantastic for us.

He obviously has ability.

He won POTY at Norwich when they got promoted.

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

Sean Dyche 40/1–––

I am surprised that Sean O'Driscoll is never mentioned in the odds. His teams always play good football, I remember Donny playing us off Pride Park a few years ago when managed by SOD. He knows the division, he's experienced and he would get the best out of what is already a very good squad. He seems to be available as well, having parted company with Walsall recently although he may have already been appointed elsewhere?

He would be ideal in a adviser/head coach/DOF role with Wassall alongside allowing him to continue to gain experience as a coach/manager. I don't think this would be an expensive appointment - its what i would do if it were my money.

Then again I'm tight.....

12 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I don't get why people are wanting us to sell Johnson. When he first arrived he was immense for us, injuries and a dip in form doesn't suddenly make you a **** player.

With the right manager, who can motivate him and the other inconsistent performers, I think he could be fantastic for us.

He obviously has ability.

He won POTY at Norwich when they got promoted.

I think we need to find a right way to use him. He is something different to what we have but his technique and passing are not his strong points. If we can use him to just be the wrecker without expecting him to play tika-taka he may be useful. Against cardiff away on the left wing it was dreadful, next match, hull at home, he was immense doing what he does.

He was awful in the play offs but we'll chalk that up to him not being fit.

When Johnson played for Wassall the tactic was to lump the ball into the edge of the area and for Johnson to knock it on for Martin. A bit pub team really - when he played in the middle with Thorne both of them sat too deep under Clement 

He has obviously got ability and physicality but can't see him getting in the side ahead of a fully fit Hughes, Thorne, Bryson or Hendrick - Mel wants youth to be given a chance so Hanson will feature and then there is Buttefield !

If we keep hold of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick then he is surplass if we lose one or more of them he may be a Regular

The bookies list is the same tired old names apart from Warburton who won't come. (and Flores)

Can't we have a proper football manager for a change? A foreign one?

What's wrong with looking at people like Flores, or Markus WeinZierl ( http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/08/05/tactical-philosophy-markus-weinzierl/ ) or others?

Tim Sherwood? do we want success or just a bit of a laugh on a Saturday?

Archived