OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yeah, but other than that it hasn't changed for weeks. Only going to pay real attention to the odds after Tuesday when the season ends and we make a decision on the manager for next year.

Yeah saw QSF name appear too , but not reading much into that , all we can do is wait and see. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Anon said:

O'Neil would be fine, but it needs to be explicitly stated that he can't bring Keane with him. Terrible man, terrible manager, terrible coach.

Keane as an assistant would be fantastic here. He wouldn't take any of the stroppy bs from Ince, Martin or any other player

2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I've gotten the impression that Mel wants attractive football at Derby.  O'Neill is a decent manager, and seems to be able to motivate players, but his teams have never been great to watch. 

Anything would be better to watch than Saturday lol

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Keane as an assistant would be fantastic here. He wouldn't take any of the stroppy bs from Ince, Martin or any other player

Would you say that Keane got the best out of his players when he was at Sunderland and Ipswich? I'm sure those players were frightened of him, but they still underperformed.

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Absolutely, Definitely, Unequivocably, Positively NOT.

What exactly has he ever achieved which would make him right for us?.

If you're after someone just to bully and instill ice cold fear into the hearts of the players, I'll get Mrs Wolfie in.

Amazed nobody is suggesting Chris Hughton if Brighton miss out.

Doing wonders at Brighton without breaking the bank. Has Improved players like Kayal and Stephens whom are now both now considered top midfielders in the division. Managed to convinced Wilson to join over several over clubs (ourselves included), spots a good player from overseas (Knockeart, Bong, Hemed..)

15 minutes ago, Papahet said:

21 hours ago, Kernow said:

I'd first go for Rodgers as an optimistic punt and just ask what he'd need in order to come here. If he asks for too much, then go for Pearson or Hughton.

:thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Doing wonders at Brighton without breaking the bank. Has Improved players like Kayal and Stephens whom are now both now considered top midfielders in the division. Managed to convinced Wilson to join over several over clubs (ourselves included), spots a good player from overseas (Knockeart, Bong, Hemed..)

Why would Hughton come here over Brighton though?

33 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Absolutely, Definitely, Unequivocably, Positively NOT.

What exactly has he ever achieved which would make him right for us?.

If you're after someone just to bully and instill ice cold fear into the hearts of the players, I'll get Mrs Wolfie in.

He has only ever won premier leagues, champions league as a player and got a team who were bottom of the league promoted, nothing major.......

45 minutes ago, Anon said:

Would you say that Keane got the best out of his players when he was at Sunderland and Ipswich? I'm sure those players were frightened of him, but they still underperformed.

Where did I say that I wanted him as our number 1 manager?

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He has only ever won premier leagues, champions league as a player and got a team who were bottom of the league promoted, nothing major.......

What have player achievements got to do with his quality as a manager?.

I'd rather go on his record and he's had one good season as a manager and been sacked from both of his club jobs, with those clubs in the relegation zones.

I do wonder if the current fringe players will remain fringe players under a different head coach. To be honest, I don't want Wassall after thinking about it for a long time. Not because of the play-offs, but because of his complete refusal to actually use our strong squad.

Players get complacent when it's the same team, again and again, and no bench players are given enough time to actually put in a performance that warrants their consideration to be picked.

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Where did I say that I wanted him as our number 1 manager?

Fair point, but I don't think he's shown any particular aptitude for coaching and there are numerous transferable skills between managing and coaching.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What have player achievements got to do with his quality as a manager?.

I'd rather go on his record and he's had one good season as a manager and been sacked from both of his club jobs, with those clubs in the relegation zones.

Did I say that I wanted him as our manager?

If we got someone like Tim Sherwood, they may well come in and build a team around the strengths of Darren Bent, rather than Martin. 

I would like someone to come in without a biased opinion, without the pressure of having been at the club before and understanding tradition, someone who doesn't care that Martin is top scorer, that Buxton came from Burton and Weimann is a bit crap.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Did I say that I wanted him as our manager?

You said Assistant and I took that to mean assistant Manager. It really doesn't matter.

Manager or Head Coach. Main man or Assistant, I still wouldn't want that failed bully anywhere near our club.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

I suggested CH a while back.... although I think its more likely to be Sherwood & Redknapp

Archived