Pace and Width

unclej

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get promoted he'd be a good signing, quick, defensively responsible, capable of scoring a cracker and versatile. That being said I don't think I'd feel that confident with him and Ince both starting on the wing, neither is very consistent. 

If we stay down, don't think we've got much of a chance. He'll probably go somewhere like Southampton, Leicester or Stoke and do very well. Outside chance maybe Chelsea because he's very good as a wing-back and Conte loves playing 3-5-2. 

22 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Who we talking about?

Ibe

43 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

If we get promoted he'd be a good signing, quick, defensively responsible, capable of scoring a cracker and versatile. That being said I don't think I'd feel that confident with him and Ince both starting on the wing, neither is very consistent

If we stay down, don't think we've got much of a chance. He'll probably go somewhere like Southampton, Leicester or Stoke and do very well. Outside chance maybe Chelsea because he's very good as a wing-back and Conte loves playing 3-5-2. 

Because Russell is very consistent 

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ibe

Because Russell is very consistent 

That's not what I said Rammy Boy, I think it'd be untenable to have a combination of Ince, Ibe and Russell as our starting winger in the PL although would keep Russell for rotation and because he's a good squad member. On top of Ibe I'd want another quality winger. Sebastian Giovinco would be a pipe dream but for £10m and someone like Bent in return I bet we could get him to ditch Ontario for Derbyshire.

3 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

That's not what I said Rammy Boy, I think it'd be untenable to have a combination of Ince, Ibe and Russell as our starting winger in the PL although would keep Russell for rotation and because he's a good squad member. On top of Ibe I'd want another quality winger. Sebastian Giovinco would be a pipe dream but for £10m and someone like Bent in return I bet we could get him to ditch Ontario for Derbyshire.

I'd agree with you that an additional winger would be required. Giovinco is a good suggestion but he is earning a fortune in the MLS. Maybe someone like Townsend if Newscastle get relegated or Montero from Swansea who has had a falling out with the manager? I'm being a bit ambitious here

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd agree with you that an additional winger would be required. Giovinco is a good suggestion but he is earning a fortune in the MLS. Maybe someone like Townsend if Newscastle get relegated or Montero from Swansea who has had a falling out with the manager? I'm being a bit ambitious here

Townsend nah, I think he's a weaker version of Ince. Montero I don't really know much about. As always there will be good options abroad, Quincy Promes was a name who came up a year or two ago, although now probably a little ambitious. There will be the right player out there, I bet Blazczykowski would be available on the cheap for example. If we were to get promoted we'd need to be ambitious with our transfers, and I'm not sure Ibe by himself is ambitious enough.

Archived