Lost that loving feeling?

IlsonDerby

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Derby would have at least made the play-offs last season had the last three months been played behind closed doors and not addressed in the media. 

I strongly believe that, I imagine lots won't though. 

We could get McClown back now he's been relieved of his duties at Newcastle and using the same players whom were available to him simulate the last 3 months fixtures again to see what points tally we accrued comparitively to the end of last season.....

14 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Welcome back mate was wondering the other day where you had got to ,unless I have missed your recent posts.

Cheers mate, been going the matches but been too busy and fed up with Derby to post! 

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I've been more worried about PrivateDerby not being about on here. 

Hope is the word, and the key, and we will always carry that hope around with us all until we die.

I said on here when Nigel was sacked, that we'd be nowhere further forward in the division 5 years later except we will have spent a shed load of cash getting nowhere fast, and undoing all his great work. I do hope I am wrong.

Up The Rams.......and PrivateDerby is a top bloke and that's all that matters.

We Love You Derby We Do, We Love You Derby We Do, Oh Derby We Love You.

Here he is... hope you're well mate.

Spot on with the bit in bold, I felt involved in Cloughs Derby. Even the cold Tuesday night away games weren't as bad as everyone makes out because our lads fought tooth and nail for him and we all knew we were up against it.

The Mac's Derby was the best since Jim Smith because we had a plan, some sort of direction and an aim.

Its been c0ck up after c0ck up since then, now the lads haven't got a clue what they're supposed to be doing and look like they can't be arsed.

Ah well, like you say... KTF

Or KLF? They burnt a million pound didn't they? 

I don't like this set up one bit.

7 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Cheers mate, been going the matches but been too busy and fed up with Derby to post! 

Here he is... hope you're well mate.

Spot on with the bit in bold, I felt involved in Cloughs Derby. Even the cold Tuesday night away games weren't as bad as everyone makes out because our lads fought tooth and nail for him and we all knew we were up against it.

The Mac's Derby was the best since Jim Smith because we had a plan, some sort of direction and an aim.

Its been c0ck up after c0ck up since then, now the lads haven't got a clue what they're supposed to be doing and look like they can't be arsed.

Ah well, like you say... KTF

Or KLF? They burnt a million pound didn't they? 

I don't like this set up one bit.

Don't give up PD. We'll be here long after the present owners and players have departed.

Have you gone a bit soft living dahn sarf?:D

12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Don't give up PD. We'll be here long after the present owners and players have departed.

Have you gone a bit soft living dahn sarf?:D

Must be the water, I'll buy a bottle of Buxton tomorra! Hopefully we'll hammer Hull and go from there.

I don't care about the result, that performance was what we needed! 

We won every single individual battle. The players fought for everything and for each other. They were best in every department they were first to every second ball. They played with heart! Bryson at the heart of everything. The new players showing they can really mix it with them and play for the shirt. 

I know performances of that level aren't going to happen every game but if we see those sorts of performances more regularly then it'll be easy to fall back in love with Derby all over again. 

This was an isolated performance. If it becomes a regular thing we have a team we can enjoy supporting again!

come on Derby. More of the same!!! 

As Ilson says it's not the three points that's most pleasing it's that performance. Cant fault one of them tonight, I've missed that feeling walking out of PP with a beaming smile having been entertained for 90 minutes. Not getting carried away but hopefully those goals are the confidence Johnson needs, the midfield three of Thorne, Johnson and Bryson is the perfect balance and hopefully they carry on from tonight. We don't need to rush Hughesy back if they can keep that up for the next 9 games.

Lost your love of life? Too much rotherham pie
Oh have you lost your love of life? Too much rotherham pie
And now Harry's walked away from Jordan life
You've got to pick some people up
You've got to let some people go
But if Darren's name does come up
Oh well I really want to know
Because everybody loves a TV show

Lost your love of life? Too much rotherham pie
Oh have you lost your love of life? Too much rotherham pie
And now Harry's walked away from Jordan life

So who's coming down the front, and who's up for surfing the crowd?

C'mon Harry!

i've lost that loving feeling.........with the Grand National.

As on Saturday I had a quick look on the telegraph website that only had horses names, current prices, and jockey shirt colours, so I quickly picked horses for the family based on the kids names and told myself at that time before rushing out to do other family jobs that I should have checked another website that included jockeys and trainer and owners names as there's bound to be a Derby connection in there, and the owner is usually Irish.

So later in the day when I realised that I'd only covered the 5th place horse to win and only had £1 e/w on the 4th place horse at 50/1, as I'd run out of cash in the bookies, I wasn't too chuffed to see later in the day, the winning horse Rule The World's trainer on the TV, called M.Morris, talk about gambling The Derby Way!

Here's hoping M.Morris's football team Derby County will Rule The World at least for one day, and that beats winning any amount of money on a nag in The Grand National!

PS.....My Grand National performance was done far too quickly on the hoof and I got my just rewards!

On 4/3/2016 at 11:25, IlsonDerby said:

It dawned on me yesterday that I actually felt nothing when Cardiff scored their second. I switched the radio off and went back to Sky Sports News and my bet365 account. 

That's the most upsetting thing about this season. I've had a season ticket for the last 13 years and so I've seen some sh1te football and some sh1te players but I've never felt as disconnected from my club as I do now. It's hard to explain it. I'm infuriated by the current regime - not because of footballing reasons but because I'm falling out of love with my club. A club that I would defend to the hilt, a club that I could support unconditionally based on absolutely nothing at all except for pride and and actually liking our players. I don't like our squad of under achievers any more. 

Give me back simpler times with no expectations and any win was enjoyable because we just didn't expect it. Give me back that team that you knew were gonna work harder than the opposition every game and that a lack of quality would be the reason for our loss. I can accept not having the quality. I can enjoy being plucky underdogs. I simply cannot enjoy being overpaid, hated by everyone else in football and still fxcking useless. 

I want to care about my club. I want to enjoy supporting my club. This isn't the best way to feel 3 days after parting with near £400 for next years ST. The only reason I've done it is because I know there'll be that renewed sense of blind optimism come August. I just hope the decisions made during the summer are inspiring. 

I could not even bring myself to switch Radio Derby on for the Cardiff game. i recovered after they played Hull but it was the low point and for exactly the same reasons as you, IlsonDerby.

They're playing like a team currently. Fighting for each other. Working harder than the other team and that allows the quality to dictate. It's only two games so no getting over excited but if we continue to fight for each other and play as aggressively as we have been doing then ill have no difficulty rediscovering the pride regardless of result. 

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Guys I've found that loving feeling, it fell down the back of the sofa again (same thing happened around this time last year). While I was looking I found some team spirit and 'wassalls guide to making decent substitutions' too. :D

You found Harry's Almanac on Football did you 

Archived