Lost that loving feeling?

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The fans have made this season a lot worse than it should have been. It happened last season too. 

Last season we booed when we were third in the league. This season we've kicked and screamed because the play offs aren't good enough. 

The atmosphere this season has been poisiounous. It will change when the crowds drop and Mel stops throwing money around and we go back to looking at freebies and loan players. At that point, I imagine some fans won't feel like they have a privilege to watch a top six Championship side and not turn up or just enjoy Derby for what it is - a local team.  

You bet against your own club to finish outside of the top 6, for me that's has about as much an effect on the way we are playing as booing.

I have been watching Derby for many a moon, and there have always been fans who boo when they feel what is given out on the pitch is not good enough, a poor excuse for what has happened over the past few games.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, CheltenhamRam said:

Ha :)

Of all of our signings that have been disappointing he's the  one I'd like to see get given a chance

All I can say is Aston Villa deemed himself not good enough to be playing in their current record breaking team oh dear lol I would also like Blackman to be given a fair crack of the whip as well tbh

Nope, not me. Still love 'em and will do to the day I die. And after that I hope my ashes will help the grass grow.

Over 50 years of love and passion I've invested in my club during which time I've also been married three times. If there's anything that I've learnt during that time is that all relationships have their ups and downs. But football isn't like marriage. You can't divorce your team and move on to another one. Or, at least, I can't.

During that same time I've seen more downs than ups with my beloved Rams - crap players, crap managers, moaning fans (even when we were at the top of Division 1), crap football, brainless tactics, off field criminality, non-league sides playing us off the park - times which knock current problems into a cocked hat. But I've also seen internationals to grace any side in the world, I've seen top European sides, wonderful goals, staggering victories, championships, promotion, Wembley; I've travelled the country and seen other grounds and other fans, I've lost my voice, stood on terraces and seats, travelled (unknowingly) with all of you. 

And on a Saturday, or a Tuesday or a Wednesday, during the season there's nowhere else that I want to be - with you lot supporting my team. Our team. I will always love 'em, however hard it gets

16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

All I can say is Aston Villa deemed himself not good enough to be playing in their current record breaking team oh dear lol I would also like Blackman to be given a fair crack of the whip as well tbh

The ST holders I know at Villa always suggest he was played out of position; I guess he's suffering from that now when he plays... 

3 minutes ago, CheltenhamRam said:

The ST holders I know at Villa always suggest he was played out of position; I guess he's suffering from that now when he plays... 

Aren't all of Villa's players being played out of position that's one excuse I suppose. ....

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

The feeling I have is one of disillusionment with the current chairman. I know he's a Derby fan and a local lad but I do not have any faith in him at all. His decision making this season, both in terms of managerial appointments and player purchases has been appalling. Frankly I don't trust him not to continue to make poor decisions and I worry that we will not be able to appoint the right calibre of manager to take the club forward.

The fans have every right to be unhappy - a decent managerial appointment last summer and a little bit of thought before splashing the cash and we could have been a real force in this league. A golden opportunity has been wasted this season and I for one just want the campaign to end as quickly as possible. I don't blame Wassall for what has happened:  how could he say no to the job, but its plaln to see that he is totally out of his depth and too close to the owner to be his own man.

Morris needs to find some humility, admit that he got it wrong this season, pledge to get a quality manager in (not a money grabbing shyster like Redknapp)  and leave them to get on with the job.

Whilst quietly agreeing with a lot of your points Jay, you can't blame Mel for the purchases. He's stated on more than one occasion that all the signings were proposed by the recruitment team in response to needs articulated by the manager. Mel was operating a "no excuses" policy which I take to mean nothing was denied the manager.

I agree with other posters that this is a complex system which has a number of potential fault lines.

- PC didn't identify the right issues 

- the issues were misinterpreted by the recruitment team

- the recruitment analysis was not very good. 

Mels only culpability in all this was to assume it was all working fine and further that PC was completely aligned to the vision of playing style.

We now hear that wasn't ever quite the case. So not surprisingly our recruitment appears awful in that the players brought in do not complement what we have become accustomed to as derbys playing style under Mac. Can't see any alternative to a big clear out myself. Whoever is manager. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

You bet against your own club to finish outside of the top 6, for me that's has about as much an effect on the way we are playing as booing.

I have been watching Derby for many a moon, and there have always been fans who boo when they feel what is given out on the pitch is not good enough, a poor excuse for what has happened over the past few games.

The difference was that after the Leeds game, where we were still in the top 2, I couldn't see us doing much under Clement. I saw the odds on us not finishing in the top six and took a fairly heavy punt for a big reward. 

At games, I don't moan, I don't boo, I don't complain.. I'm either quiet or supportive. 

If you think a big swing in the betting market has the same affect as a whole stadium of so called supporters boing then I can only strongly disagree. 

I detest any negativity at games, purely because it only has adverse effects! 

13 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I would sell Chris Martin and change the formation to allow a more mobile front line, I would allow the new manager to sell players not deemed suitable and the proceeds to go towards the academy.

You'd sell the striker who has the best scoring record since.......actually not sure, its so long ago.Anyway, it would not be a good idea, but a bit more mobility around Martin. I could go for that.

I suspect we may have to take a hefty loss on a few recent signings to move them on. Alternatively, unlock the talent that is in there somewhere and let it flourish. The right manager could do this.

Mel has made some mis-judgements this year, but please folks be careful not to kill this particular goose.

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The difference was that after the Leeds game, where we were still in the top 2, I couldn't see us doing much under Clement. I saw the odds on us not finishing in the top six and took a fairly heavy punt for a big reward. 

At games, I don't moan, I don't boo, I don't complain.. I'm either quiet or supportive. 

If you think a big swing in the betting market has the same affect as a whole stadium of so called supporters boing then I can only strongly disagree. 

I detest any negativity at games, purely because it only has adverse effects! 

Game, set and match

ambitious.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

I read some shitte on here but " I blame the fans" tops the lot.

Yeah, it's the fans that pick the team, it's the fans that pick the formations, it's the fans that coach the players, its the fans do the HT talk, it's the fans which is the reason we can only managed on shot on target, it's the fans that lose us the games! 

Muppetry of the highest order!

You're right, I'm sure the abuse aimed at players and the hostility towards them and their families has no effect on them at all.

None whatsoever. 

I'd hold back the muppet comments duck

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

The feeling I have is one of disillusionment with the current chairman. I know he's a Derby fan and a local lad but I do not have any faith in him at all. His decision making this season, both in terms of managerial appointments and player purchases has been appalling.

Morris needs to find some humility, admit that he got it wrong this season,

Does the chairman choose the players we sign?

And what do you want him to admit he got wrong? 

48 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

You'd sell the striker who has the best scoring record since.......actually not sure, its so long ago.Anyway, it would not be a good idea, but a bit more mobility around Martin. I could go for that.

I think we are playing a style to suit our one striker, stop Chris we stop dcfc, we need pace and mobility to compete.

I'm just going through the motions now, we've see this all too often over the past 2 seasons and to be honest I don't mind missing out on the playoffs now. The players look fed up as well and its becoming a chore on match days now knowing absolute dross only have to beat us for determination to get anything from us, that's just depressing when you know a team with immense talent are getting beat by the opposition through nothing more than sheer determination, Cardiff no disrespect to them but they are an average team at best, probably will make the playoffs because of how inconsistently crap the rest of the league is this season, but to lose because we showed no fight or determination (Ince, Martin and Carson aside) is just soul destroying. Roll on the summer with the Euros, Golf, Tennis and Olympics. 

Archived